How to get game chat to work

Discus and support How to get game chat to work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I plug in my headset to my controller and try to talk on game chat it DOSENT work but when I unplug the head set I can here game chat thru the tv... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Joseph Bates3, May 16, 2024.

1. How to get game chat to work

When I plug in my headset to my controller and try to talk on game chat it DOSENT work but when I unplug the head set I can here game chat thru the tv I’ve tried on 2 different controllers and 2 different headsets

:)

Joseph Bates3, May 16, 2024
  2. David Wirsching Win User

How to get voice chat/game chat to work again?

Hello COD M, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

If you're experiencing issues with voice chat or game chat on your Xbox console and receive a message that voice chat is temporarily disabled for public channels due to a "disruptive behavior app," here are some solutions to help you. you can try:

Check your communication status: Make sure you haven't set your Xbox profile or Microsoft account to a restricted communication state. This could limit your voice chat capabilities. To check and modify your communication status, follow these steps:

Sign in to your Microsoft account on the official Xbox website.
    Click on your profile and select "Privacy and security settings."
    Look for the "Communication and Multiplayer" section and make sure it is set to allow communication.
    Check the privacy settings on the console: Make sure the privacy settings on your Xbox console allow voice chat. To check and adjust your privacy settings, follow these steps:

In the console, go to "Settings" and then "Account."
    Select "Privacy and online security."
    Check the privacy settings for voice chat and make sure it is set to allow it.
    Restart your console and router: Sometimes temporary connectivity issues can affect voice chat. Try restarting both your Xbox console and your Internet router. Unplug them from the power source, wait a few seconds, and then plug them back in.

Check system updates: Make sure your Xbox console has the latest system updates installed. Updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements that can fix voice chat issues. Go to "Settings" on your console, select "System" and then "Updates."

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards.
  3. Azrael008uk Win User

Turtle beach headphones help

Though the chat function worked for me from the get go it was a few tries before I figured out how the Game / Chat balance worked and was able to manage my volumes correctly.
  4. Burnin TODI Win User

Tritton 7.1 and Xbox One

Here is how I understand the whole headset compatability works (maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong):

GAME AUDIO

If your headset gets the game audio via a box linked to your gaming machine via optic audio out - this audio will continue to work as designed, as the xbox One has optic out as well.

CHAT AUDIO

If your headset gets the chat audio via a direct bluetooth wireless link to the xbox360 machine - then this headset will not work with chat audio on the xbox One.

If your headset gets the chat audio wireless via a bluetooth puck that plugs into the 360 controller (not a direct wireless link to the gaming machine) -then this may work with the xbox One depending on how the forthcoming adapter works with next gen controllers.

If your headset gets the chat audio via a cable directly connected to your xbox360 controller - then this may work on the xbox One depending on how the upcoming adapter works with the xbox One controller.
  5. Brian Lemastet Win User

Communication with the Xbox network servers has been interrupted (#х41 cd2b15f8d2c586) status: MONTANO

Iv done the steps you said to take an it still does it on mw2 my mic is not working in game chat on dmz iv tryed everything nothing will work it works in party chat but not game chat it works fine on vandgard just mw2 I can't get mic to work it's getting really annoying
  6. PhloydBarnum Win User

How to get this game to work?

Creating an Offline Profile for Games for Windows LIVE for use with Disney TRON: Evolution may resolve certain stability issues during gameplay . To create an offline or local profile in Games for Windows Live, proceed as follows:

Launch Disney TRON: Evolution.

Press the "Home" button on the keyboard to bring up the Games for Windows Live menu.

If you have already signed in, you must first click the "Sign out" button in the menu and confirm.

In the menu, click on the button to "Create New Profile."

In the next window, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Create a Local Profile".

In the Offline Gamer Profile window, enter the name for the profile you would like to create.

Once the profile has been created, click "Done" to sign into the profile.

Press the "Home" button on the keyboard to return to the game and play using the offline profile.
Thema:

How to get game chat to work

1. How to get game chat to work - Similar Threads - game chat

2. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  5. Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...: Ive already tried turning off my network and turning it back on it only worked once and never worked again 4ba9d188-ee0b-436b-af88-34bab5a9371f
  6. Does anyone know how to get game chat audio into obs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to get game chat audio into obs?: Im a new streamer. I got a generic capture card from amazon and a chat link splitter. I get, video capture, and game audio capture but not game chat audio. I have tried everything to get even just...
  7. Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...: My question was in the title. 000f7462-b93c-4241-a2b4-c7a3e1015b0c
  8. Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues: I recently purchased the xbox wireless headset for my xbox series s however i have been unable to get it to work on discord thought the xbox but it works on my phone. all in game chat seemed to...
  9. I can't use game chat.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't use game chat.: I've googled fixes and tried them all and nothing has worked. Xbox says I'm not banned. And game chat doesn't work in any of the call if duties or Fortnite. I have an Xbox series X/S. Please help...
  10. Ever since i updated my controllier ive had no voice chat can hear games but no chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ever since i updated my controllier ive had no voice chat can hear games but no chat: I updated my controllier and now cant talk in games or hear people can hear game and in messages can send. Voice message but i can hear it but who i send it to can thn i cannot hear reply...