How to get back/view past messages that xbox has for some reason decided to get rid off

Discus and support How to get back/view past messages that xbox has for some reason decided to get rid off in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; All my messages have sent before 2020 have disappeared (always seems to be 3 years prior). Is there any way for me to get these messages back? Seeing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MichaelMEPJ, Jun 23, 2023.

1. MichaelMEPJ
    MichaelMEPJ Guest

How to get back/view past messages that xbox has for some reason decided to get rid off

All my messages have sent before 2020 have disappeared (always seems to be 3 years prior). Is there any way for me to get these messages back? Seeing as Xbox was the one who got rid of them not me.

:)

MichaelMEPJ, Jun 23, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

I am sorry to hear about what happened. I am afraid that we can no longer retrieve old messages that are no longer available in your message center. I believe that messages are deleted after a certain period of time.

You could try checking your messages through the Xbox app on mobile or Xbox app on Windows and see if they're still available. If not, I am afraid there's no way to recover it.

Best regards,
  3. II Smilie II Win User

I accidentally deleted a message which contained a reward code. Can I recover it?

Hi there. Im sorry to say, but no. Unless they decide (for some reason) that they want to resend it, there is no possible way to get that message back. Im sorry. I hope I helped :)
  4. DCFC734 Win User

Remotely install games via a pc

Yes I used to get an option to install on Xbox One on that screen Ive pasted into the reply but I don't get 1 now, I did at some point setup game sharing and Ive found instructions which say " removing this as my home Xbox to remove the designation" this
    apparently gets rids game sharing, have tried to follow said instructions, I get as far as the "Personalisation screen" and there's a message saying " Your home Xbox settings cannot be changed until we connect to this service".

How can I get the option back ?
  5. Captain GoIden Win User

High Packet Loss

The reason XBOX LIVE has been down for the past few hours is because Microsoft laid of 18,000 employes and one of the just so happened to get angered and decided to shut down XBOX LIVE
  6. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

Firewatch

I'm glad of your initiative and sure to be that age and keep playing.
    If it's a game bug try uninstalling and installing the game again, or look for some tutorial how to get past or get rid of this bug.
    Good luck!
Thema:

1. How to get back/view past messages that xbox has for some reason decided to get rid off - Similar Threads - view past messages

2. Is there a way I can view/talk to my Xbox friends online instead of constantly having to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there a way I can view/talk to my Xbox friends online instead of constantly having to...: I just feel like it'd be a lot more convenient and I haven't really seen anything about it. c7b606d6-5424-4fb1-9c3e-44aa5f07ada6
  3. Viewing the online status of my friends using the Xbox guide shows me certain discounted...

in XboX Insiders
    Viewing the online status of my friends using the Xbox guide shows me certain discounted...: Viewing the online status of my friends using the Xbox guide shows me certain discounted users who are not. But if I look at their profile in detail mode, it shows me that they are connected. It...
  4. i can't view xbox groups

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i can't view xbox groups: so i get a message saying launch a game to see available groups to join on the xbox game bar i have the xbox app and i have the games and launched them and it persists...
  5. how do i view my xbox screenshots and captures on my pc? the option for captures doesnt...

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i view my xbox screenshots and captures on my pc? the option for captures doesnt...: xbox captures option doesnt exist in the pc app. 1fff2b33-520d-445d-828e-8f29333b102a
  6. is there anyway of viewing clips on pc?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    is there anyway of viewing clips on pc?: trying to get some clips and make a video but the quality is sooo bad from the xbx app anybody know how to get more clear clips or a way i can get them on pc? 8e439341-1bf7-4b53-8676-ccb36739db1b
  7. How do I view previous parties

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I view previous parties: I left a party with someone I was fighting on sea of thieves and after i wanted to know who he was i didn't catch his gamertag and he wasn't appearing in recently played with....
  8. Can you view who has seen your clip that has been uploaded to your activity feed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you view who has seen your clip that has been uploaded to your activity feed?: I have 18 views on a clip and I want to know who has seen it. Any way? 1ac66c63-78f7-4529-92b2-3d445c3c564d
  9. Hello, I have had this issue for a few months. I am unable to view my friends on the game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hello, I have had this issue for a few months. I am unable to view my friends on the game...: [img] I have tried signing out of the widget and the Xbox App, but nothing will make it work. 48eeea16-87ed-44ae-b49d-ac6d4fe07780
  10. Unable to view clips on my profile over the past month.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to view clips on my profile over the past month.: Recently, I’ve been taking a lot of game clips, because I’ve really started to improve at videogames, however, these clips will not show up on the “Social” tab in my profile, I want my friends to...