How to fix Xbox permissions not turned-on message when in Xbox game bar

Discus and support How to fix Xbox permissions not turned-on message when in Xbox game bar in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I've been getting the error message on Xbox that my mic won't work until I allow Microsoft permissions, but I have turned on every permission told to,... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Dalton ., Mar 20, 2024.

1. Dalton .
    Dalton . Guest

I've been getting the error message on Xbox that my mic won't work until I allow Microsoft permissions, but I have turned on every permission told to, and I still cannot get my mic to work. My mic works in other games and apps but just not in Xbox game bar. I would appreciate some help in figuring out what to do from here because so far, every online solution I see hasn't worked.

:)

Dalton ., Mar 20, 2024
  2. .Ashe_ Win User

Xbox Game Bar not recording microphone by default

As I mentioned in my original post, I've given the Xbox Game Bar app permissions. It's a bug. It shuts itself off even when I have the option turned on for it to turn my mic on by default when I record.
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Why Game bar is saying "background apps permission for xbox are turned of" and how to fix this?

Hi Archie, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, follow these steps:

Press the Windows Key+X > Settings > System > System Components > Search for Game Bar > click the three dots ... > Advanced > Restore

Then, on the same page, press Repair.

After that, lease, download the Gaming Services Repair tool:

https://aka.ms/GamingRepairTool

Once downloaded, execute the file by right-clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator.

Follow the prompts and check if the issue was resolved.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool

Let me know if it works!
  4. Adam Sheetz Win User

Anyone know how to enable xbox game bar to run in the background on windows 11?

Hi Taylor M, my name is Adam.

To enable Xbox Game Bar to run in the background on Windows 11, you can follow these steps:

1. Open Settings and click on Gaming.

2. Click on Xbox Game Bar and turn on the option to Open Xbox Game Bar using a keyboard shortcut.

3. Go back to Apps and select Apps & features.

4. Search for Xbox Game Bar and select Advanced options.

5. Make sure the Background app permissions are turned on.

If the app is still not working, try repairing or resetting it. You can also press Windows + G to open Xbox Game Bar.

I hope this helps!
    Adam.
  5. xChronic45x Win User

Xbox Game Bar, error first start-up

Hello,

I followed all the advice, instructions but nothing helps.

Some remarks: When I start Forza 4 (Game owned by XBOX) it shows me the same messages as the XBOX game bar.

Then, the application companion XBOX, when I run it and I want to go in the settings, the application turns off.

I would say that the problem is not just the Xbox game bar but rather the Xbox system on my pc.
  6. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Does Xbox game bar have an option to include my mic audio for my friend who is streaming in my Party?

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help

Choose Privacy, and under App Permissions, select Microphone. Make sure Xbox Game Bar is turned on.

Hope I helped and see you soon
Thema:

1. How to fix Xbox permissions not turned-on message when in Xbox game bar - Similar Threads - fix permissions turned

2. how do i fix this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix this problem: Alright so at first my Xbox one s was overheating a lot but now when I turn it on its just a gray/black screen after a while I'll get an error screen asking me to reset it, factory reset it or...
  3. Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???: A while ago my Xbox one would keep giving me error screens and the error said it was due to update. I've tried downloading the update offline but before the download can finish the console shuts...
  4. How to fix my power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my power brick: I unplugged my outlet that everything was into and when i tried to plug it back up. The xbox wouldn’t turn on turns out the power brick light is red. Everything has been fine up to this point and...
  5. how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????

in XBoX on Consoles
    how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????: hi, i have an xbox series S and the on screen keyboard keeps on sticking to the first word in word suggestions, i can search nor log in to my accounts in those games, i tried to search online for...
  6. How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix this?: My Xbox controller only connects to the xbox when the controller is about 10cm away from the xbox when i move it away it disconnects and doesnt connect again until i bring it closer again. The...
  7. Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?: About 4 days ago out of the blue my Xbox One S wouldn’t connect to the internet (I have an Ethernet cable and no wireless internet in range to be able to connect to.) when I would try and test the...
  8. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  9. Xbox game bar background permissions is off and only way to fix it is by reseting Xbox game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar background permissions is off and only way to fix it is by reseting Xbox game...: When ever I turn my pc on to play with my friends I have to go into settings reset Xbox game bar and select my preferred audio settings but when I turn my pc off the fix goes away and I have to do...
  10. How to fix no permission on expansion for explorers

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix no permission on expansion for explorers: I’m trying to download mods in minecraft but keep getting the no permission problem when I try df27407e-0e60-4eea-a223-8d336303883d