how to fix xbox party not working

Discus and support how to fix xbox party not working in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; "Background apps permission for Xbox are turned off others may not be able to hear you" i keep getting this message when i try to start or join a... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by kaleb gatlin, Apr 20, 2024.

1. kaleb gatlin
    kaleb gatlin Guest

"Background apps permission for Xbox are turned off others may not be able to hear you" i keep getting this message when i try to start or join a party. I can hear the party but they can't hear me. when i go through my windows settings and go to apps>installed apps>xbox it does not give me the option to change it. the drop down arrow is not there at all. I have look through google and watched youtube but nothing helped. Any advice would be appreciated.

***moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Accessibility***

:)

kaleb gatlin, Apr 20, 2024
  2. DeniqL Win User

How do I fix xbox parties not working?

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

No official announcements have been made by Microsoft about any party chat issues .In the meantime we can just perform troubleshooting steps.

Try clearing your MAC address

Press Start at the main Xbox menu. Navigate to Settings. Select Network Settings, Advanced Settings, Alternative Mac Address, and finally Clear.
  3. EnenDaveyBoy Win User
  4. Sinbin74 Win User

Party Chat Problems

Having this problem too. Sometimes party chat works, most of the time not. Sorry, don't know how to fix it.
  5. LizardLizard Win User

Can't hear chat with Turtle Beach X12s

i have the hurtlebeach earforce XL1 and have the same problem but it works with the party chat no prob, and work on my laptop, how did u fix it
  6. KISSfiend Win User

I can't sign into OneDrive on Xbox 360

Having the same issue as others on my Xbox 360 and none of the 'fixes' have worked. I could understand the delay in fixing this if this were a 3rd party app, but it blows my mind how Microsoft cannot remedy their own app on their own gaming system.
Thema:

1. how to fix xbox party not working - Similar Threads - fix party working

2. How do I fix my party chat connection? (Error 0x8924000D)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my party chat connection? (Error 0x8924000D): For a while I’ve been unable to connect to friends party chats and it gives my this error. I’ve switched my Upnp on and switched ports and restarted my router and my console. It still says that...
  3. Everytime I make a group post on xbox I get kicked from my party, is there any fix I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    Everytime I make a group post on xbox I get kicked from my party, is there any fix I have...: I have done everything to fix this issue and nothing worked. 3f6b7f95-808f-457d-874b-f19d5a0093ac
  4. Does anybody know how to fix the glitch when you join xbox party and it says that the...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does anybody know how to fix the glitch when you join xbox party and it says that the...: I turned on my Xbox and tried joining my friends party when it shows the word disconnected under there username saying disconnected and then about 10 seconds later it will kick me from the party....
  5. How do I fix connecting to party glitch

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix connecting to party glitch: Every time I join a party I start connecting, and this lasts about 30 seconds to a minute and then I disconnect and get an error. I’ve tried a bunch of stuff including; Clearing dns, tested nat...
  6. I can’t talk in party’s but I can still hear other people, how do I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t talk in party’s but I can still hear other people, how do I fix this?: So I ran into a very specific issue with my party chat. So the initial issue was that when my console lost power via moving it or power going out etc when the console was turned back on it would...
  7. How do I fix the Xbox app pc party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix the Xbox app pc party chat?: Ever since I got the latest update, I haven't been able to talk or listen to my friends in a party. I have been both repairing and resetting both the game bar and the Xbox app, and nothing has...
  8. Coms only working in Xbox party, support helped me fix, and mid game went back to not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Coms only working in Xbox party, support helped me fix, and mid game went back to not working.: So about the night of the 17th EST, things still worked just fine. The night of the 18th is when the problems first occured. I could only talk to people in game if I was in an Xbox party with...
  9. how to fix my audio and mic not working in party chat on pc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to fix my audio and mic not working in party chat on pc: 3 days ago, i suddenly wasn't able to hear or talk in party chat but my mic and audio works everywhere else. It even shows that im talking and my volume is all the way up in the game bar. I've...
  10. How do I fix xbox parties not working?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix xbox parties not working?: Every time I get into a party I connect, connect again after a brief moment until I just eventually disconnect from the party itself, i've tried everything including powering everything off and...