How to fix xbox one Youtube app videos breaking at low resolution

Discus and support How to fix xbox one Youtube app videos breaking at low resolution in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; This problem is on the xbox one youtube app. It occurs when I watch videos at 360p and under. It is persistant across videos. Reinstalling the app does... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MC1R X47, Nov 5, 2023.

1. MC1R X47
    MC1R X47 Guest

This problem is on the xbox one youtube app. It occurs when I watch videos at 360p and under. It is persistant across videos. Reinstalling the app does not fix it. Large pixelated blurs or mega-pixels occur randomly as is part of the screen is at 24p instead of 240p. The bottom and right edges flicker green or white as well. The issue is not present at 480p and higher, though watching at that high of a resolution is strenuous on my internet and the videos buffer much more frequently.

:)

MC1R X47, Nov 5, 2023
  2. MC1R X47 Win User

Thanks for the offered solution. Unfortunately, it didn't fix my problem when I tried it and my xbox no longer gives me the ability to change my color depth to 30 or higher after swapping to that once. My TV is an Element one from over 10 years ago. I was reccomended to see if the problem persists when using a different TV and I plan on testing that. It is also especially prevailant on text graphics for me too and seems to be at any resolution.

Edit/update: I tested it on a newer Roku TV and the problem is still present, but it might be less severe than my normal Element TV. I tried your solution on the different TV too and it didn't work on it either.
  3. Shepdotcom Win User

I've had the same issue on and off for months. Especially prevalent on text graphics in YouTube videos. I was able to fix this today by going into settings.-> video fidelity and overscan ->Display and cycling through the options. Although the auto detect ends up getting re-selected and the color depth stays at 24 bits, the pixelation problem is gone for now! P.s. I have a very old sharp aquos tv.

Somehow, cycling through allowed Xbox to correctly auto detect the resolution.
  4. MitchellWeber Win User

Same issue, everything looks great on PS5 YouTube TV, but horrible on Xbox Series X. Moved off Auto detect on screen resolution, set to 720p on sports NFL broadcast on local channels, changed it to 1080p on a single channel, now it goes to highest resolution available per channel. I think auto detect is broken in YouTube TV app, most sports we maybe 480p.
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi MC1R X. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Does this issue happen in any other video/streaming apps? If not, please report it to the YouTube team, they will need to look into this on their end.

https://www.youtube.com/t/contact_us

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  6. David Wirsching Win User

If the above does not work then I would like you to try to test the console with the same cases on another TV to see if the problem occurs on the other TV. If you try, please share the result with us, we are attentive.
Thema:

1. How to fix xbox one Youtube app videos breaking at low resolution - Similar Threads - fix Youtube app

2. Can somebody help me fix my YouTube or maybe Xbox can resolve it???

in XBoX on Windows
    Can somebody help me fix my YouTube or maybe Xbox can resolve it???: Im trying to watch YouTube and the screen freezes and the audio continues playing. I cant watch it its unbearable somebody please help me fix this it would he much appreciated....
  3. How to fix glitching YouTube videos?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix glitching YouTube videos?: Anytime I try to watch YouTube on my Xbox, the video glitches. Like random boxes of random color will appear on screen, or parts of the screen will be desaturated. I've tried lowering the video...
  4. YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?: So about 3-4 days ago I came home and turned on my Xbox and went to YouTube. A few seconds after just launching the app, my Xbox shut down. I tried it a few times, soft reset my Xbox, and...
  5. Please someone knows how to fix this for ark ascended? I've tried everything on Youtube on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please someone knows how to fix this for ark ascended? I've tried everything on Youtube on...: Can't open the game, I receive this every time Fatal error! Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000001340 0x00007ff6bbdb8cba...
  6. How can I fix the split screen glitch on the YouTube app on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I fix the split screen glitch on the YouTube app on my Xbox?: At random points in videos the screen will split with the top half glitching/skipping while the bottom continues the video. There is a different issue also where instead the whole screen...
  7. How do I fix the screen tear YouTube glitch?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix the screen tear YouTube glitch?: Split from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_frsocial-xbo_topother/how-do-i-fix-the-screen-tear-youtube-glitch/831161f8-cd74-43fb-8e7e-dbfcadaba327. I have been experiencing...
  8. How do I fix the screen tear YouTube glitch?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix the screen tear YouTube glitch?: I try to to watch YouTube and the screen splits in half and the top glitches and the bottom continues playing 831161f8-cd74-43fb-8e7e-dbfcadaba327
  9. Fixing overscan on YouTube app for Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fixing overscan on YouTube app for Xbox: Ok looked around on the forum and could not find an answer that would work with what I have. So Youtube videos badly overscan on my system, This is the ONLY thing that overscans on my system. Is...
  10. How do i fix YouTube not showing as Status

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i fix YouTube not showing as Status: Youtube stopped showing as my status on Friday I did everything Reset my console Sign out and sign in Uninstall and install YouTube Nothing works. Hulu, Netflix, and Prime show as status but...