How to fix the error: 0x89235107 : Forest | Can't log in on the Minecraft Launcher | PC

Discus and support How to fix the error: 0x89235107 : Forest | Can't log in on the Minecraft Launcher | PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was installing some mods for the first time after I screwed up, I decided to erase the AppData files of Minecraft to start fresh (.minecraft folder),... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Matt González, Oct 7, 2023.

1. How to fix the error: 0x89235107 : Forest | Can't log in on the Minecraft Launcher | PC

I was installing some mods for the first time after I screwed up, I decided to erase the AppData files of Minecraft to start fresh (.minecraft folder), after that, I opened the launcher but I couldn't log in to my Microsoft account ever since.

I've tried reinstalling everything 5 times with their remaining files (Minecraft launcher, game versions, Xbox app, Xbox Live), and nothing, I always get this message saying there's a connection error with Xbox Live and that Mojang accounts can't be merged with Microsoft accounts anymore but that doesn't make any sense because I bought the game with my Microsoft account.

Extra info (might be useful)
    - I was using the CurseForge mod loader and I wanted to play on version 1.20.1

- I downloaded the mod pack called Immersed with Shaders by NitroNinja79 (it says it's compatible with version 1.20.1)

- I wanted to play on a server I created using Aternos

- I have Windows 11 up to date both OS and Nvidia Drivers

:)

Matt González, Oct 7, 2023
  2. the pk1 Win User

How to fix the error: 0x89235107 : Forest | Can't log in on the Minecraft Launcher | PC

app sucks, microsoft sucks. everything they touch breaks. done everything the devs have said multiple times and still cant sign in to a game ive played for years. just posting to reaffirm what everyone else already says. you guys suck. destroy our games in the pursuit of sellable personal info. the fed should have shut you down forever. app sucks, microsoft sucks. everything they touch breaks

app sucks, microsoft sucks. everything they touch breaks.

this issue has 0% to do with mods. devs dont even understand their own codes lmao.
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Matt González,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are trying to launch Minecraft Launcher after using mods and is unable to due to an error. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

The error code 0x89235107 may indicate a problem with your connection to Xbox Live or your Microsoft account. Here are some possible solutions that you can try:

1. Uninstall any mods installed and launch the game without them.

2. Restart your device and try launching the game again.

3. Make sure Xbox app, Gaming Services app, and Minecraft Launcher are all up to date. You can check for updates in the Microsoft Store app or in the Settings app.

4. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same Microsoft account that you used to purchase the game.

5. Repairing or resetting the Gaming Services app. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Gaming Services > Advanced options > Repair or Reset.

6. Try signing out and signing back in to your Microsoft account on the Minecraft Launcher.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Tomm_A Win User

5. DaBencher Win User

I followed the steps that you put but it didn't work. However, it works on modified clients
  6. Stryc9_ Win User

Minecraft has lost MC for Windows purchases on new PC

I have tried all of those steps - no updates are available and my Windows OS is up to date.

I have also tried uninstalling the Minecraft Launcher and reinstalling, and uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft.

I have also tried logging out of the Xbox app and the launcher and logging in again.

All other Xbox purchases and games work, the Minecraft Launcher will let me play the Java version of MC and Minecraft Dungeons but not Minecraft for Windows at all. Same error with it wanting me to sign in but I can't sign in it just takes me to the page to buy MC for Windows which I can't rebuy even if I want to because I have already bought it...
Thema:

1. How to fix the error: 0x89235107 : Forest | Can't log in on the Minecraft Launcher | PC - Similar Threads - fix error 0x89235107

2. Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?: About 4 days ago out of the blue my Xbox One S wouldn’t connect to the internet (I have an Ethernet cable and no wireless internet in range to be able to connect to.) when I would try and test the...
  3. I can't fix error 0x800704cf

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't fix error 0x800704cf: tearing my hair out as we speak. i cannot log onto the windows 10 microsoft store app. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, i have tried literally everything. it just keeps saying "you...
  4. how do i fix the No Applicable App Licenses Found Error?

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i fix the No Applicable App Licenses Found Error?: i try to open Minecraft java and i get this error but i can open the windows version just fine I'm confused please help. 9a4b8288-7917-4c36-a90a-e26826059559
  5. How do I fix my party chat connection? (Error 0x8924000D)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my party chat connection? (Error 0x8924000D): For a while I’ve been unable to connect to friends party chats and it gives my this error. I’ve switched my Upnp on and switched ports and restarted my router and my console. It still says that...
  6. How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming: Someone please help, my xboxs have a doible nat detected which is preventing any games or streaming from working 77a95849-09cd-4ff2-8746-a8be219db461
  7. My Offline NAT Type:unavailable and this error 0x89231806 and 0x89231906 please fix. Thanks

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Offline NAT Type:unavailable and this error 0x89231806 and 0x89231906 please fix. Thanks: Hardware/Internet ,My Offline NAT Type:unavailable and this error 0x89231806 and 0x89231906 needs to be fixed please. Thanks 9ffe2555-cdc4-44f8-baea-94da92e841b9
  8. need help to fix minecraft invalid session error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    need help to fix minecraft invalid session error.: minecraft invalid session error, when i join servers tried many many trouble shooting options like logging in and logging out, switching internet, removing and adding device back on my microsoft...
  9. How to fix Code Error : 0x89235107 from XboxLive Sing in?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix Code Error : 0x89235107 from XboxLive Sing in?: Hello I keep trying to log into my Minecraft account from the launcher and i keep getting this error code. I have tried looking through the forum but I haven't found any information that could...
  10. How to fix Code Error : 0x89235107 from XboxLive Sing in ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix Code Error : 0x89235107 from XboxLive Sing in ?: Hello, I'm unable to log into xbox live with error code: 0x89235107 when launching Football Manager 23. Error message : We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live. Sorry, something went wrong. Try...