how to fix region issues with gift card

Discus and support how to fix region issues with gift card in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; one of my friends send me a gift card through gmail but i cant redeem it. it says "This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by bob the digger, Oct 22, 2023.

1. how to fix region issues with gift card

one of my friends send me a gift card through gmail but i cant redeem it. it says "This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account." but when i change my region to theirs it still says the same thing and i dont know how to fix it.

:)

bob the digger, Oct 22, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Gifting has always been region locked

And it's not the console region you have to change and it's best not to change account region as therr is a limit of 3 months per change and you need a local payment option for that region
  3. Smwutches Win User

You can't bypass the region restriction. They would have to refund it and purchase it again from a place that carries codes for your region.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox Gift card region change

No, as i mentioned, the currency can be only used on the region the gift card was issued in this case you issued from US region
  5. Smwutches Win User

I have a question or issue with my Microsoft account

Gift cards will only work in the region they were created for. There is no way to change the region of a gift card.
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Minecraft

As Brad said, request a refund. With that, I would then recommend that you look into purchasing a Xbox gift card FOR HIS COUNTRY for him to purchase it on his account. Again stressing region there, as the gift cards are region specific as well.

Please let us know if you have any issues during the refund process or questions about getting a gift card.
Thema:

1. how to fix region issues with gift card - Similar Threads - fix region issues

2. how do i fix this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix this problem: Alright so at first my Xbox one s was overheating a lot but now when I turn it on its just a gray/black screen after a while I'll get an error screen asking me to reset it, factory reset it or...
  3. How to fix my power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my power brick: I unplugged my outlet that everything was into and when i tried to plug it back up. The xbox wouldn’t turn on turns out the power brick light is red. Everything has been fine up to this point and...
  4. How to fix Cloud Gaming isn't available in your region error?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix Cloud Gaming isn't available in your region error?: I have used cloud gaming in the past. I live in a country that supports cloud gaming. I have no issues downloading games off of xbox game pass. My region is correct on my xbox, laptop and...
  5. How to fix "XBOX isn't supported by this country/region" error to install XBOX app in PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix "XBOX isn't supported by this country/region" error to install XBOX app in PC?: I've been having an issue where I can't install any games or apps in the Microsoft Store and I've tried every method possible including contacting the Microsoft Support Team. So I attempted to...
  6. problem with a instruction on how to fix region for cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problem with a instruction on how to fix region for cloud gaming: whenever i try to fix my region support for xbox cloud gaming and i put this in cmd as a instruction :Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers. It doesnt appear to...
  7. Im in Texas USA and it says not available in my region can i fix this or am I SOL

in XboX Insiders
    Im in Texas USA and it says not available in my region can i fix this or am I SOL: Just got accepted only for it to say this. submitted by /u/Kvei [link] [comments]
  8. Greek region, Xbox 360 game hubs on Xbox One throw error, can't view achievements! [Please fix]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Greek region, Xbox 360 game hubs on Xbox One throw error, can't view achievements! [Please fix]: On Xbox One, we can't access any game hub content for 360 games. Trying to view one immediately shows an error. Also, no achievements are appearing for 360 games under the achievements section on...
  9. Fix region matching please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fix region matching please: Every single game i play, no matter what it is, puts me in a lobby full of Mexicans or Brazillians. I find this rather frustrating not only because of the massive amounts of lag, but the fact i...
  10. fix to invalid region issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    fix to invalid region issues: team i have a new game for xbox360 (fifa16) but unfortunately not working in my xbox360 ;when i asked EA team for support they informed me that " that Xbox support will surely provide you a fix...