How to fix random input delay when using xbox controller connected to a windows pc?

Discus and support How to fix random input delay when using xbox controller connected to a windows pc? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller will randomly have massive input lag, and the buttons seem to hold their input. I have tried reinstalling my bluetooth drivers, updating... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SirBerus, Sep 24, 2023.

1. SirBerus
    SirBerus Guest

How to fix random input delay when using xbox controller connected to a windows pc?

My controller will randomly have massive input lag, and the buttons seem to hold their input. I have tried reinstalling my bluetooth drivers, updating controller firmware with Xbox Accesories, Enabling steam input for games, and the Xbox Feature Extended Support Driver. The controller is a brand new Xbox Series X controller. I do not wan't to plug the controller in to my computer. Please help.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category***

:)

SirBerus, Sep 24, 2023
  2. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi SirBerus,

Welcome to Microsoft Xbox Community Forum. I understand that you are experiencing random input delay when using your Xbox controller connected to your Windows PC.

Firstly, let's check if there are any other devices that may be interfering with the Bluetooth connection between your controller and your PC. Please make sure that there are no other Bluetooth devices nearby that may be causing interference. You can also try moving your PC and controller closer together to improve the Bluetooth signal strength.

Next, let's try resetting your controller. To do this, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the controller for 10 seconds until the Xbox button flashes rapidly. Then, try pairing your controller with your PC again.

If the issue persists, let's try updating your Windows PC to the latest version. This can help ensure that your PC has the latest Bluetooth drivers and updates that may help resolve the issue.

If the issue still persists, you can try disabling the "Xbox Game Bar" feature on your PC. This feature can sometimes cause input lag when using an Xbox controller. To disable this feature, press the Windows key + G to open the Xbox Game Bar, then click on the settings icon and turn off the "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar" option.

Lastly, if none of the above steps work, you can try using a wired connection between your controller and your PC then see if the input delay issue also occurs or not.

Here are some articles that may also help you with this issue:

- Connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to a Windows device | Xbox Support

- Connect the Xbox Adaptive Controller to a Windows device | Xbox Support

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  3. zuhaib ahmad Win User

Hey, I have connected my controller via USB but still I get get lags many random times, and my character/car randomly moves either left or right in the game but it works fine while on keyboard
  4. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi SirBerus,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  5. Internet Expert Win User

How can I Charge Controller on Win 10 PC but still play on my Xbox One?

When you connect the USB cord from the Windows PC to the Xbox controller, Windows will always try to get it linked up as an input device. That's how it's designed -- in case you want to stream the Xbox or play a PC game.

Might I suggest a USB smartphone/tablet wall charger?
  6. greg_window10_instal Win User

Controller Xbox one on Windows 10

Hello MildSuperset412,

I need to ask, have you been able to follow up with "How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC" , and does the
    controller work when it is connected to your PC through the USB port? Also, if you haven't already done so, may I suggest double checking "How
    to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10
    " .

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/how-to-update-xbox-one-controller-windows-10

Good luck and good gaming,

SA
Thema:

1. How to fix random input delay when using xbox controller connected to a windows pc? - Similar Threads - fix random input

2. How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly.: This problem started happening too me around 4 days ago it kept taking me to the Microsoft store to movies and tv to install it so I installed it thinking it would fix it and it got worse it...
  3. How to fix wireless controller randomly disconnecting on only one game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix wireless controller randomly disconnecting on only one game: One of the games I play one my Xbox Series S is The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and a thing I keep running into is my controller randomly disconnecting the light flashes in the controller a few times...
  4. How can I fix my Xbox One X and Series S random intermittent HDMI static?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my Xbox One X and Series S random intermittent HDMI static?: Hi, I've had my Xbox one X for many years, and starting last year I began having issues where my LG TVs video signal would randomly start to cutout every few seconds. It shows static, then...
  5. How do I fix my audio cutting out and my controller randomly disconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my audio cutting out and my controller randomly disconnecting?: So I’ve been having this issue lately where my audio will start cutting in and out randomly at like 10 second intervals and it gets really bad while in an Xbox patty and people are talking....
  6. Xbox Series X randomly disconnects from network, nothing fixes it until I rename my device...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X randomly disconnects from network, nothing fixes it until I rename my device...: I purchased my Xbox Series X in December, it's still under warranty. It will randomly disconnect from the network and will not connect after updating, restarting, etc. The only way to get the...
  7. my Xbox 360 randomly disconnects from live, how do I fix that?

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox 360 randomly disconnects from live, how do I fix that?: my Xbox 360 randomly disconnects from live, how do I fix that? 6710bef9-d97d-421a-b8c2-d7859fdeffe7
  8. How to fix random button pressing

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix random button pressing: I have just got a new controller about a month or 2 ago and it has started to press random buttons that im not pressing or doesnt let me press certain buttons even though they aren't broken....
  9. Installation stopped. Can’t install random games as they just stop installing. Still no fix...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation stopped. Can’t install random games as they just stop installing. Still no fix...: Has there been any solutions found for the Xbox one installation stopped error? 3ceb916a-f3d2-42ee-a46d-63ba37a41dac
  10. When is MS going to fix the random disconnects with the Elite 2 controller?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When is MS going to fix the random disconnects with the Elite 2 controller?: and before you suggest changing the batteries, connecting via USB or updating the firmware 1. There are no swappable batteries in the Elite 2, there is a rechargeable battery and 2. It does the...