how to fix open tray problem. can I buy a new disc drive

Discus and support how to fix open tray problem. can I buy a new disc drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; need to know if im able to purchase a new disc drive or would it accept a new drive a430265b-6961-4452-9bcc-b23772f3f2ba Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dan carrillo, Oct 22, 2023.

1. dan carrillo
    dan carrillo Guest

need to know if im able to purchase a new disc drive or would it accept a new drive

:)

dan carrillo, Oct 22, 2023
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

The 360 has a DVD key which matches the drive to the motherboard. You can't just replace the drive as they key won't match and won't play games.
  3. dan carrillo Win User

ok, not sure how to fix the problem, dont really need it but its been sitting here for a few years just thought I'd mess with it, thanks for your help
  4. dan carrillo Win User

sorry forgot to add that its for the first white xbox 360
  5. The_Last_DJ Win User

What is the issue with the tray?
  6. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello Dan! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Which console is this for?
Thema:

1. how to fix open tray problem. can I buy a new disc drive - Similar Threads - fix open tray

2. How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly.: This problem started happening too me around 4 days ago it kept taking me to the Microsoft store to movies and tv to install it so I installed it thinking it would fix it and it got worse it...
  3. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  4. why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?: this i what i get. [img] 06be154a-d84a-4cec-bc89-4ebb3d990854
  5. Xbox app keeps closing as soon as I open it, how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app keeps closing as soon as I open it, how do I fix this?: The Xbox app on my PC just closes immediately every time I open it. I don't know what else to say but this is incredibly frustrating and I have no idea what the problem is. I have all of the...
  6. How do I fix the xbox app opening up to a loading screen then closing a minute later (this...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the xbox app opening up to a loading screen then closing a minute later (this...: I have tried everything shared on youtube and searched on google like. updating repairing reseting troubleshooting virus scans even uninstalling then reinstalling...
  7. How do i fix error 10022 whenever i open fortnite, please answer me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i fix error 10022 whenever i open fortnite, please answer me: whenever i open the game i get this error bf23079c-9018-4b63-85d4-2e3ce1abc7ed
  8. How to fix mouse opening titlebar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix mouse opening titlebar: So I don't have this problem with any other game but games downloaded from Microsoft store as in Roblox, when ever I go into full screen mode or stay in windowed mode but I am in first person mode...
  9. My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?: I wasn't receiving invitations through xbox game bar so looked online to fix....
  10. anyone know how to fix OPEN TRAY problem every time i put a disc in thankyou

in XBoX on Consoles
    anyone know how to fix OPEN TRAY problem every time i put a disc in thankyou: everytime i put a disk in to play it keeps saying open tray and will not play the disc 2788cc36-7408-4bb6-8f85-a60564f11bf1