How to fix not being able to play games I own from current gen on next gen

Discus and support How to fix not being able to play games I own from current gen on next gen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I have 2k23 on my Xbox One and I recently purchased a Series X, and I'm downloading 2k23 on my series X but it will not let me play it saying I need... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jordan Escalera, Aug 18, 2023.

1. How to fix not being able to play games I own from current gen on next gen

So I have 2k23 on my Xbox One and I recently purchased a Series X, and I'm downloading 2k23 on my series X but it will not let me play it saying I need to buy it again, is there any fix because I don't want to have to buy 2k23 AGAIN just to play it on my new console

:)

Jordan Escalera, Aug 18, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

You can play your Xbox one version on your new system, but if you want the benefits of the new console, you'll have to purchase a separate version.
  3. Tzar of kaos Win User

Do you consider the X a new generation?

Next gen got new games,new hardwares,new visions.(and now backward compatibility)

Xbox 360,PS3,Wii were all from the same generation and got different release dates and hardware power.

Scorpio is just a mid gen not next gen.It can play past and current games that's all.

I don't know what hardware will require next gen games but i'm pretty sure Scorpio won't be powerful enough to run these games the best way possible.(it already got its own limitations with current gen games (checkerboad,upscale,frame rates).But It should
    be able to handle current games better on consoles.

Scorpio and PS4 pro just artificially expands current generation but have nothing to do with next gen hardwares and games.
  4. PUDDIN DAGGER Win User

Xbox One to Xbox 360

Unfortunately you will not be able to play together. You will not be able to party chat either but you will be able to send and receive messages from current gen to next Gen and vice versa.
  5. I Dashboard It Win User

Graphics and game play... what will the next XBOX bring us?

I just hope that the games in development are being made for THIS generation. Meaning, that if they make the game and release the Next Gen, the game developer will be screwed because no one's going to buy a game for a different generation and play it on
    their new gen when the game developer should have just made it for the Next Gen. Just my two cents, and yes, I know about how the Next Gen will be able to play Xbox 360 games supposedly according to all the rumors circulating in the forums.
  6. Murderstyle75 Win User

What's up with there being no update for the daily "ultimate game sale?"

You don't need a gaming PC though. I'm playing L4D2 on a 350.00 laptop. While it probably won't handle a lot of next gen games, it handles every current gen game I own very well.
Thema:

1. How to fix not being able to play games I own from current gen on next gen - Similar Threads - fix being able

2. How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?: I recently started playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint and noticed I was unable to hear voicelines entirely or they sounded like they were speaking from 50 meters away when the character...
  3. Is there a fix for not being able to log in on lords of the fallen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a fix for not being able to log in on lords of the fallen: I keep selecting the log in prompt in game but it doesn't log in. Also I'm not able to play multiplayer anymore. 44f5abdc-39d3-490b-9509-9698ce6fb705
  4. How can I fix not being able to link my discord to my xbox.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I fix not being able to link my discord to my xbox.: I have tried many times to re link my discord but it always says I need to relink it I know it isn't an issue with discord because I tried making a new discord account and the same thing happened....
  5. How do I fix an issue with my Xbox games not launching because of Windows not being able to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix an issue with my Xbox games not launching because of Windows not being able to...: When I try to launch a game from the Xbox app or Microsoft store I get an error saying windows cannot access the specified path or I may not have permission to access the item....
  6. How to fix not being able to sign in on Xbox Minecraft code: cauldron

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix not being able to sign in on Xbox Minecraft code: cauldron: I've been trying to sign in for about an hour, I uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times reconnected my Internet and tried different connections but it still isn't working....
  7. How do i fix not being able to open games off of gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i fix not being able to open games off of gamepass: Hi, I got gamepass about a week ago and i wanted to try out Insurgency: Sandstorm. I downloaded both games, but am met with a frowny face next to a greyed out "play button" When I click on play...
  8. how to fix not being able to join someones game

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to fix not being able to join someones game: when going to join my friends minecraft world her world dosent pop and she cant join mine aswell and when she searches my gamertag to invite me it says not found but i have xbox live and we were...
  9. I need help fixing the issue with playing classic mw2 (2009) multiplayer and not being able...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help fixing the issue with playing classic mw2 (2009) multiplayer and not being able...: I am unable to play call of duty MW2 (2009) multiplayer due to a reoccurring error message saying you don’t have Xbox live (which I do) and your parents Microsoft Account isn’t valid. Your parent...
  10. How can i fix my Xbox one not being able to connect to game servers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i fix my Xbox one not being able to connect to game servers?: Ive been trying to play Fortnite on my xbox one but every time i try i get an error message that says it couldnt connect to epic games servers (ESP-BUIMET-003 error), it also happens with Warzone...