How to fix high latency on MW2 Xbox one s

Discus and support How to fix high latency on MW2 Xbox one s in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; 1. Hi I recently switched to Verizon and been having trouble with Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox One S with the latency that has been saying it’s really high... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Wolfツ, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Wolfツ
    Wolfツ Guest

1. Hi I recently switched to Verizon and been having trouble with Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox One S with the latency that has been saying it’s really high in MW2 and when I run tests it says it’s high I don’t know how to fix this.

2. When I try to play with people on MW2 it keeps saying “waiting for data centers”

NOTE: I have not bought the game yet so I can only play DMZ and the other battle royale game modes

:)

Wolfツ, Jan 9, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

First thing, compare the network speed and statistics on your console as well as on speedtest using a laptop or mobile device.

On your Xbox:

Settings > General > Network Settings > Test Network Speed and Statistics.

On your browser on a phone or PC/Laptop:

https://speedtest.net

Check and compare the following:

Download Speed

Latency/Ping

If it’s the same and indeed high ping on both, the issue can be with your network connection.

If it’s high ping only on Xbox, please perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

Also, if you’re connected wirelessly kindly try connecting your console directly on your router using an ethernet cable.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. C Snowden77 Win User

Latency Issue

Thanks for the reply, Okay yes i understand that but why is my latency so high? I cant get into MW2 lobbies because of this as it looks for a latency speed of less than 125ms and is effecting my connection aswell. How do i resolve this. There has to be a
    closer server to me than the one my xbox is picking up? My internet speeds are fine, just my Latency. But why is my xbox not picking up a closer server?

thanks
  4. snarffffff Win User

how does one get service or talk to a human regarding xbox. Tried all available online options and get nowhere.

Wired connection on xbox 1 high latency in 90's. new modem DLspeeds 500mb. When playin on cloud on a mac same wired connection latency is 15-20. Xbox one is specifically were the latency is occurring. need help.
  5. Mr Boozyhead Win User

help: How to fix high latency

If you can play online ok without any lag then don't worry about it I've heard you can get high readings testing the Xbox servers
  6. Deejay at ya Win User

help: How to fix high latency

That's the problem, i can't play online properly as half the time my bullet delay will correspond to 800-900ms at times (I've counted). Just weird considering its the only device on my network that exhibits these slow speeds
Thema:

1. How to fix high latency on MW2 Xbox one s - Similar Threads - fix high latency

2. How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...: My xbox has been having connection issues for a while now and I have tried a lot of stuff to fix it and it isn't wifi cause my connection for upload speed and everything else is really good but...
  3. High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you.

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you.: My Xbox series X is showing that I have high packet loss. How do I resolve this? Thank you. 7d6012e1-5d69-49ee-b217-1f85f9637990
  4. My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it: I’m trying to get my latency to drop bro it’s not working for some reason f121275a-60c0-4280-91ae-a514021a76a1
  5. Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.: I have an Xbox Series S on wired internet connection, with a download speed of 300 MB and upload of 75 MB. My latency in Xbox Network statistics and in Halo Infinite is of 100-140 ms. It's...
  6. High pitch screeching noises on headphones fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    High pitch screeching noises on headphones fix: Hey guys... so I bought this new 400 rands over ear noise canceling gaming headphones but when I plug it in and turn my controller on it makes high pitch screeching noises also when I turn my...
  7. High packet loss and QoS not working, can anyone give me any tips to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    High packet loss and QoS not working, can anyone give me any tips to fix it?: I know what packet loss is, but I don't understand why only certain games I play are experiencing it, when it happens I do the network speed and stats test and it shows that I only have 1% packet...
  8. How did I fix high packet loss I’m on Verizon Fios

in XBoX on Consoles
    How did I fix high packet loss I’m on Verizon Fios: When I turn on my game and try to play DMZ it won’t connect due to high packet loss 100% 7333ada5-bce4-4337-b6aa-bf24d19461e6
  9. Any idea or word from squanch games when they will fix the save game issue with high in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any idea or word from squanch games when they will fix the save game issue with high in: High on life won't load save games any word from Squanch they are working on a fix. Their support team won't respond and xbox apparently doesn't have support anymore...
  10. How do I fix my issue High packet

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my issue High packet: Help with high packet issues *** Moved from Windows / Other/Unknown / Network and internet *** 03af6aff-1ce6-4f2b-8c19-be1bfd3fa92b