How to fix game pass games uninstalling themselves after I shutdown my laptop

Discus and support How to fix game pass games uninstalling themselves after I shutdown my laptop in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have game pass on my laptop. Anytime I install a game I can play it fine, but when I shutdown my laptop for the night, all games will be uninstalled... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Josh Tarr, May 19, 2024.

1. Josh Tarr
    Josh Tarr Guest

I have game pass on my laptop. Anytime I install a game I can play it fine, but when I shutdown my laptop for the night, all games will be uninstalled and not there when I power back on. I have "repaired" the app through system settings and uninstalled and reinstalled. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Josh Tarr, May 19, 2024
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

game pass games uninstalling themselves + unable to uninstall?

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Avixily, how are you today? Hope you're well.

I'm so sorry for your troubles.

For a couple of days now, Horizon 5 is exhibiting a few error's and problems, Microsoft acknowledge them here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

And also Forza team:

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/ar...

Before reporting to Forza team:

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/re...

Try this:

Log out of your account on the app, reinstall it, restart your PC, and then log back in and try again. :)

If this doesn't work:

First, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

game pass games uninstalling themselves + unable to uninstall?

Neither of those procedures worked? Even the OS retore?
  4. Kouthe Win User

Games uninstalling themselves....

I'm having the same problem, both in digital and hard copies.
  5. Jayhab4real Win User

Games uninstall themselves

Do you have auto updates enabled?
  6. CaTA4 Win User

Games uninstalled by themselves

Thank you to everyone for your advice. I unplugged the external storage, waited 30 sexonds, then plugged it back again. Everything is back to normal now. 😀
Thema:

1. How to fix game pass games uninstalling themselves after I shutdown my laptop - Similar Threads - fix game pass

2. (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...

in XBoX on Windows
    (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...: Hello, so I am having a particularly strange issue with my XBox cloud gaming service. I have already chatted with the helpdesk about this and did the troubleshoooting they suggested but it hasn't...
  3. How to fix the option for the game pass choose a plan even though I bought the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix the option for the game pass choose a plan even though I bought the game...: I have to choose a plan even though I own the game (EA FC24) 2b41cef2-f8d4-46dd-963f-5ba9589cf6f6
  4. How can i fix Minecraft after canceling game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i fix Minecraft after canceling game pass?: I purchased and downloaded minecraft on my xbox one and have been playing it for almost 6 years. Now I go to college and when I bring everything home i play offline. Now this most recent time i...
  5. How do I fix my pc game pass not being recognised?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my pc game pass not being recognised?: My PC Game pass has been paid for, but the games i had installed are said to be "not on my account" despite the game pass being linked to the account used. 3c5dc6fc-c4d0-4729-b2ba-7c8c4521e15a
  6. I’ve paid for game pass core but it won’t let me play online pissing me off. How do I fix it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’ve paid for game pass core but it won’t let me play online pissing me off. How do I fix it: it won’t let me play online but it charged me the $9.99 3a8c27d7-cde9-461d-9ed9-e4e5ae767646
  7. How do I fix my GTA online it say I need premison but I got game pass and been reaching all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my GTA online it say I need premison but I got game pass and been reaching all...: My gta5 will not let me play it’s saying your profile needs promision to access gta online all day resherching and I can’t get it working ab258064-30d4-4c18-94f6-1198739b3e67
  8. How to fix game pass quest achievement

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix game pass quest achievement: Hey Microsoft i need help the xbox one game pass quest achievement is not registering everytime i get an achievement the quest doesn't register in i checked everything i am a member of ultimate...
  9. How do i fix xbox game pass achievement quest

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i fix xbox game pass achievement quest: Hello Microsoft i have been having issues with xbox game pass quest it seems that everytime i did an achievement the achievement quest is not registering in i tried restarting clearing xbox cache...
  10. How can i fix my game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i fix my game pass: Today i bought game pass thinking im able to play siege and rust but i clicked on play ranked and it came up with Game Pass Ulimate which i dont wanna pay for because I already got the games so...