How to fix game audio on xbox series x headset.

Discus and support How to fix game audio on xbox series x headset. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I just got headphones and xbox already ruined them. The game audio was working just fine until I went into a party chat with my friends, the game audio... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by rizz shiesty, Dec 26, 2023.

1. rizz shiesty
    rizz shiesty Guest

I just got headphones and xbox already ruined them. The game audio was working just fine until I went into a party chat with my friends, the game audio just stopped working like that. I can still hear and talk to people but game audio or literally anything else I can not hear. Please help me fix this I just want to play.

:)

rizz shiesty, Dec 26, 2023
  2. Unstable Chimp Win User

Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

There are multiple articles stating audio compatibility via USB. If optical is necessary, there are various HDMI to optical devices available which you may need to add.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/02/designed-for-xbox-new-look-continuous-compatibility/

"Some gaming headsets that utilize an optical cable may require a firmware update to support game and chat audio over USB on Xbox Series X. Soundbars and headsets that do not receive updates may be connected
    directly to your televisions optical port."

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-audio-usb/

"Xbox Series X to Support Wireless Audio and Voice Chat Over USB, Astro Gaming Confirms"
  3. TimmyHD Win User

What brand of controller is it? only a few makes are licensed controllers like Razer and Turtle Beach

and Scuff possibly PowerA, Microsoft took action to block unlicensed generic no make 3rd party controllers

due to their poor quality if its one of those it will cause problems but if its a Microsoft pad or a licensed controller

and its still not working try everything Marvina said and if still no Joy contact tech support.
  4. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem. Follow the instructions below for a solution.

Solutions
    Examine the headphones, cable, and connector for visible defects.
    Make sure there is no dust or dirt on the headphone jack. To clean the connector, use a cotton swab soaked in alcohol.
    Check that your Xbox controller is working correctly. For help troubleshooting driver issues, see:

My controller does not connect or turn on
    Firmly insert the Xbox One Headset connector into the expansion port located under the D-pad and right stick on the controller.
    Illustration showing the Xbox One Headset connector plugged into the Xbox One controller expansion port.

If you set up a profile for a minor on the console, the Online Privacy & Safety options allow the owner of an adult profile to control who can communicate with the minor profile in Xbox Live chats. In the Online Privacy and Safety section, you can enable chat communication in the child's profile. For players under 17, the default setting is Friends Only.

To configure online privacy and security options from your PC, see:
    Xbox online privacy and security
    Note If you hear an echo, it is usually coming from the person speaking. For example, if you hear an echo only when someone else is speaking, the problem may be due to the connection of the speaker's headphones.
    The following conditions may cause an echo or noise to be heard during gameplay:

The microphone detects ambient noises. This includes voice transmission from the headset.
    The headphone jack is not inserted correctly into the controller.
    You are using an Xbox Wireless Controller and it is low on battery.
    If you or other players hear an echo or other noise during gameplay, try one of the following solutions:

Turn down the volume on your TV or stereo.
    Unplug and plug the headphones firmly back into the controller's expansion port.
    Clean the headphone cable connector with a clean cloth and reconnect the headphones to the controller.

Test the headphones by connecting them to another controller.
    If you use a wireless controller, replace the AA batteries or recharge the rechargeable battery.
    If you can hear other members of a group or game but they can't hear you, try these solutions.

Solution 1: Make sure your headphones are not muted
    Check that the orange LED next to the mute button is not on.

Solution 2: Power cycle the console
    For help, see:
    How to reset or power cycle your Xbox console
    Solution 3: Re-associate your controller with your profile

Information source (credits):
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/troubleshoot-chat-headset

I hope I can help you solve it.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  5. MarvinaPerez Win User

I recommend that you visit technical support and verify a repair with them, since we are players like you and we do not have access to repairs.

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/
  6. rizz shiesty Win User

This is a technical issue with xbox because I used another controller and it worked perfectly. Also the controller i was using before is brand new
Thema:

1. How to fix game audio on xbox series x headset. - Similar Threads - fix game audio

2. 24 NOV 2023 Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. How to fix this when it used...

in XBoX on Consoles
    24 NOV 2023 Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. How to fix this when it used...: Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. Now this might be an loss of features on xbox because I was getting sound from games through the headset and now the chat mixer is no longer...
  3. How to fix bad audio quality on Xbox game bar

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix bad audio quality on Xbox game bar: Hi, I use a set of Apple AirPod pros for my audio output on my windows pc and an external yeti microphone for input. The audio output on my AirPods are completely fine until I join an Xbox party...
  4. Strange audio crackling and any in game sounds sound far away or distorted how to fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Strange audio crackling and any in game sounds sound far away or distorted how to fix?: Hi, so I've been having this problem whenever I play a game that I have downloaded through the Xbox game pass app where the audio always sounds far away and there is a faint crackling sound. It is...
  5. Xbox Twitch app game audio stuttering and popping does anyone know a fix?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Twitch app game audio stuttering and popping does anyone know a fix?: So this has been going on for a month now. When ever i stream. The game audio pops and stutters contantly. I was in contact with twitch support who directed me here. Example:...
  6. How can I fix audio delay on videos or game clips?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I fix audio delay on videos or game clips?: When I record my game clips the audio has about 3-4 second delay with the audio it also happens when I watch youtube videos, the audio with the same delay problem. While palying games and all...
  7. Is there a fix for the Game DVR audio desynch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a fix for the Game DVR audio desynch?: Just curious if Xbox knows about the Game DVR audio desynch and/or If there's a workaround for it. I tend to record a ton of clips to send to my buddy and I've noticed within the last several...
  8. How Can I Fix This Xbox Game Bar Audio Issue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How Can I Fix This Xbox Game Bar Audio Issue?: So about every one out of three times when I record footage on the Xbox game bar on Windows 10 the game audio sounds super robotic and fuzzy. The other times the game audio sounds great. Is there...
  9. Game FUSER has a solution to fix audio delay, why not adding that to system menus dear devs ?

in XboX Insiders
    Game FUSER has a solution to fix audio delay, why not adding that to system menus dear devs ?: [IMG] submitted by /u/CNCG [link] [comments]
  10. Why doesn't my xbox game bar show any audio inputs or outputs and how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesn't my xbox game bar show any audio inputs or outputs and how do I fix this?: [img] Personally I like to adjust the volumes here but suddenly I can't see it so please help me. e880ead2-b82b-4e22-903e-75a9a36ff273