How to fix frozen screen on start up?

Discus and support How to fix frozen screen on start up? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When turning on the xbox it loads up with the box saying “turn off console” “turn off controller” “restart system” and you can hear the start up screen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Courtacopia, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Courtacopia
    Courtacopia Guest

When turning on the xbox it loads up with the box saying “turn off console” “turn off controller” “restart system” and you can hear the start up screen in the back but you can not see it. How to fix this?

:)

Courtacopia, Dec 29, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

In this case, we just need to reset your console keeping your games and apps through the Xbox Troubleshooter page. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Make sure to follow the steps accordingly to access it:

"1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

5. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone."

When the console powers up, you will see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Please click on "Reset this Xbox" then "Reset and keep my games and apps".
  3. Courtacopia Win User

[​IMG]
    This is the screen is shows and wont let us do anything
  4. DAVIDB67-62DE8553-CB Win User

Xbox frozen on start up screen

have you tried console without HD? i'd check your HD for corrupt files,and clear cache,see if that helps
  5. Arminator Win User

Frozen start screen

Can you connect a different device onto the HDMI cord your Xbox is connected to, just to check it's not a cable issue?

If the other device works on the cable, try hard resetting your Xbox One by holding the power button on the right of the console for about 15 seconds. Then unplug the power cord for about 30 seconds, and plug it back in.

Then start up your console. Does it now show a proper picture?

If you still see that white screen, go to
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com
    to request a free warranty repair.
  6. CoyotesAngel Win User

Unbelievable

My game has frozen twice, had to start the game up again to fix it.
Thema:

1. How to fix frozen screen on start up? - Similar Threads - fix frozen screen

2. how do i fix this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix this problem: Alright so at first my Xbox one s was overheating a lot but now when I turn it on its just a gray/black screen after a while I'll get an error screen asking me to reset it, factory reset it or...
  3. Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???: A while ago my Xbox one would keep giving me error screens and the error said it was due to update. I've tried downloading the update offline but before the download can finish the console shuts...
  4. How to fix my power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my power brick: I unplugged my outlet that everything was into and when i tried to plug it back up. The xbox wouldn’t turn on turns out the power brick light is red. Everything has been fine up to this point and...
  5. how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????

in XBoX on Consoles
    how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????: hi, i have an xbox series S and the on screen keyboard keeps on sticking to the first word in word suggestions, i can search nor log in to my accounts in those games, i tried to search online for...
  6. How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix this?: My Xbox controller only connects to the xbox when the controller is about 10cm away from the xbox when i move it away it disconnects and doesnt connect again until i bring it closer again. The...
  7. Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?: About 4 days ago out of the blue my Xbox One S wouldn’t connect to the internet (I have an Ethernet cable and no wireless internet in range to be able to connect to.) when I would try and test the...
  8. How to fix gamebar frozen video issue?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix gamebar frozen video issue?: After I clipped something and played the clip, it just shows a frozen part of the clip and plays the sound in the clip. If it helps, I was playing Fortnite. edb8791e-f0bd-488c-9350-95d299e0f3a4
  9. how do i fix my frozen install queue on xbox app for pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i fix my frozen install queue on xbox app for pc?: my installl queue is frozen and dont know what to do as reseting gaming services didnt help 2107a934-f876-481a-b1d6-d9652b2c48f3
  10. xbox frozen on updates, on preparation, freeze up fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox frozen on updates, on preparation, freeze up fix?: So i see a lot of people posting and asking about their xbox freezing either on updates or on preparing mode with assorted errors. Mine had this problem where it was freezing at various points. I...