How to fix crashing on Sonic Forces on Xbox One played on Series X?

Discus and support How to fix crashing on Sonic Forces on Xbox One played on Series X? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was about to play Forces today until I constantly boot back to the menu when attempting to launch the game. Tried restarting, uninstalling and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SonicXHero, Oct 21, 2023.

1. SonicXHero
    SonicXHero Guest

I was about to play Forces today until I constantly boot back to the menu when attempting to launch the game. Tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling the game and hard reset. NOTHING WORKS!

:)

SonicXHero, Oct 21, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi SonicXHero! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I'm sorry you're going through this problem, I really know how frustrating this can be. I also understand that you have tried everything and nothing has worked, but I leave you these steps, so you can try them and tell me if the problem persists:

Step 1. Check for game updates: Make sure Sonic Forces is up to date. You can do this by going to the game's page on the Microsoft Store and checking for updates.

Step 2. Delete local saved games: Deleting your local saved games can help solve the problem. To do this, go to Settings > System > Storage and select Delete local saved games.

Step 3. Check for system updates: Make sure your console is up to date. You can do this by going to Settings > System > Updates and downloads.

Step 4. Uninstall and reinstall Sonic Forces: Try uninstalling and then reinstalling Sonic Forces.

Step 5. Reset your console: If none of the above steps work, try resetting your console to its factory settings. This will erase all data on your console, so be sure to back up all important data before continuing.

If this information is useful to you, let me know, otherwise I will be attentive to continue helping you!

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. TG GolemJephson Win User

Heya,

Do you have an external hard drive or alternata method of storage for your games thats not the internal storage on the console?
  4. TG GolemJephson Win User

Hey,

Im having the EXACT same issue and have been for a number of days/weeks. Ive tried several discs, ive tried several consoles, online and offline installations.

This is my main takeaways...

Ive tried multiple standard installations from several Sonic Forces discs, didnt work, so it wasnt an issue with my discs.

Ive tried installing to a different system. Admittedly ive not had a chance to try another Series X, but I installed it to an Xbox One Console and had no issues playing the game at all, so its defo seems contained to the Series X.

Something I considered was there was maybe in issue with the updates the game requires you install before playing. So I wiped the game, checked my Internal and External storage and removed any trace of Sonic Forces.

I set my console to offline only and reinstalled the game from the disc only with no patches or updates. Interestingly, this worked. I could get the game to boot and actually play it.

So then, I went back online, and was forced to install the updates; to which the issue came back. I could no longer boot the game. I thought that maybe the update had corrupted or something and that installing it independently of the game would fix it. But to no avail. Im currently messaging Xbox Support about the issue; but from where im standing it seems there is a bug with the latest update version on Xbox Series X specifically?

Ive tried all these steps on both my Internal and External storage but that yielded no results.

Hopefully Microsoft/Sega address this issue soon
  5. SonicXHero Win User

If you can see in the Xbox Store listing for Sonic Forces, others complain about this problem.
  6. SGTREB Win User

I’m just seeing that. I’ll give it a shot and hope it fixes my issue. Thanks.

Update: I uninstalled everything and disconnected my external drive and reinstalled to the system along with the DLC and it’s working fine now. Strange but, that seems to have fixed the issue.
Thema:

1. How to fix crashing on Sonic Forces on Xbox One played on Series X? - Similar Threads - fix crashing Sonic

2. Anyone know how to fix a single game crashing/restarting my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone know how to fix a single game crashing/restarting my PC?: I have been a long time player of Sea of Thieves and ever since it's last update a few days ago, everytime I load the game, either right on start-up or after a few mins, the game restarts my PC....
  3. Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?: Hi community, I’ve been having issues with games crashing for what I think is an overheating problem. Let me go into detail with this because I’ve done a lot of researching and testing and not...
  4. Xbox One X ( Alpha Skip-Ahead ) Edge crashing on the 4-5 last updates? Fix?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X ( Alpha Skip-Ahead ) Edge crashing on the 4-5 last updates? Fix?: So i was was a happy insider till like 2-3 weeks ago. Sure, the odd crash here n there, but that is to be expected w Alphas.... But 4 or 5 updates ago something happened to Microsoft Edge,...
  5. My FM23 Xbox game keeps crashing upon saving, how to fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My FM23 Xbox game keeps crashing upon saving, how to fix this?: FM23 Xbox game save keeps being deleted due to being unable to save. There is plenty cloud space available (over half the allowed). Any solutions? 2ea149a4-b3fd-49b6-8dea-4e52e8f03d0e
  6. Will an update finally fix the crashes that Xbox series X owners are experiencing ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will an update finally fix the crashes that Xbox series X owners are experiencing ?: Is Xbox aware that some (newer) games crash regularly? And it got worse with each update. For the past year I see every day new people (sometimes with brand new consoles) crashing on the same...
  7. Xbox series X games keep crashing after about 45 seconds of play time. Any fix for this?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X games keep crashing after about 45 seconds of play time. Any fix for this?...: I was playing House Flipper just fine, hopped on MW3 to play Shipmas and about 1/4 way through the game crashed and went to a fuzzy looking screen and froze my Series X. Is there any fix to this?...
  8. how to fix crash on startup splash screen for forza hotizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to fix crash on startup splash screen for forza hotizon 5: funinstalling and reinstalling fixes the game until the next update where it crashes on startup again until i uninstall and reinstall. i have tried every option to fix this issue through the...
  9. Baldurs Gate 3 crashing. Does anyone know a fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldurs Gate 3 crashing. Does anyone know a fix?: Everytime I start up Baldurs Gate 3, the game crashes before loading the menu. My Larian Account is not conected to my Xbox Account and it stil happens, after I delted all my game data an...
  10. Sonic Forces crashing on Series X. How to fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sonic Forces crashing on Series X. How to fix?: I was enjoying some Sonic games on my Series X and when I try to launch Forces, it just fades back the Dashboard. No error pop-up either. Just fades back. Tried to delete and reinstall the game,...