How to fix can't connect rocks Xbox live because of IPv4 connection and need IPv6

Discus and support How to fix can't connect rocks Xbox live because of IPv4 connection and need IPv6 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; says I need to connect to a IPv6 network and I'm connected to a IPv4 and it isn't connecting to Xbox live f950cfe0-f08a-40e9-a74d-ec798cd472ee Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChefZar, Nov 20, 2016.

1. ChefZar
    ChefZar Guest

How to fix can't connect rocks Xbox live because of IPv4 connection and need IPv6

says I need to connect to a IPv6 network and I'm connected to a IPv4 and it isn't connecting to Xbox live

:)

ChefZar, Nov 20, 2016
  2. fruitepeblez
    fruitepeblez Guest
    how to turn comcast thing to IPv6?

i’m trying to connect an ethernet thing to my xbox but it says no connection. i think i need to change it to IPv6 bc it’s IPv4 but idk how to.

fruitepeblez, Nov 20, 2016
  3. Ipv6

I have a Net gear wireless router on IPv4 and it says I need IPv6. How can I get my Xbox one to connect to Internet?

BloodySwine011, Nov 20, 2016
  4. How to fix can't connect rocks Xbox live because of IPv4 connection and need IPv6

Xbox supports both IPv4 and IPv6, some issues are actually down to either your router not supporting this, or your ISP not supporting this.

IPv6 on Xbox One

Hope this helps.

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Nov 20, 2016
  5. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

6. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Forza Horizon 4 Teredo problem

Teredo isnt actually a program or file. It has to do with tunneling an IPv6 connection on a IPv4 internet connection. You might check with your ISP and see if they offer IPv6 in your area. If they dont xbox live seems to have an issue with tunneling. I
    would recommend going into your router and see if your router is tunneling IPv6 to IPv4 and just disable the IPv6 and just use IPv4. Xbox seems to run great off a true IPv6 connection but doesnt do well if you are tunneling it from the older IPv4.
  7. RyanChiasson1 Win User

Xbox One X dropping IPv6 Connection.

Do you know if you ISP supports IPv6? Your router could be tunneling your IPv4 connection to an IPv6 which basically means it is sending IPv6 packets through an IPv4 connection to communicate with IPv6 servers. I found out myself the xbox doesn't
    like this at all. My ISP doesnt support IPv6. When I would look at my connection on my xbox it would say IPv4 and IPv6. So O went into my router settings and sure enough my router was set to tunnel IPv4 to IPv6. I went through set to IPv4 only and it solved
    my problem. This causes a teredo error in your xbox.
    I'm not sure. How can I check if my router is tunneling it through Ipv4?
  8. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Xbox One X dropping IPv6 Connection.

Do you know if you ISP supports IPv6? Your router could be tunneling your IPv4 connection to an IPv6 which basically means it is sending IPv6 packets through an IPv4 connection to communicate with IPv6 servers. I found out myself the xbox doesn't like
    this at all. My ISP doesnt support IPv6. When I would look at my connection on my xbox it would say IPv4 and IPv6. So O went into my router settings and sure enough my router was set to tunnel IPv4 to IPv6. I went through set to IPv4 only and it solved my
    problem. This causes a teredo error in your xbox.
  9. Markawes Win User

I can't play online on Gta V but i have Gold

Perform a network test from your xbox console. If you get IPV4 that means strict NAT and you need to upgrade to IPV6.

For info on upgrading your connection contact your ISP
    Not all IPv4 connections are strict and even if the NAT type is strict it can be opened. - There is no need to upgrade to IPv6
Thema:

1. How to fix can't connect rocks Xbox live because of IPv4 connection and need IPv6 - Similar Threads - fix can't connect

2. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  3. Working fix for Xbox 360 Profile Download issue on Xbox One "Can't connect to Xbox Live"...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Working fix for Xbox 360 Profile Download issue on Xbox One "Can't connect to Xbox Live"...: This should work for almost every single case where you cannot download your Xbox 360 Profile. First of all I have more or less figured out that this is due to an IPv6 issue with the 360 File...
  4. Sorry this profile can't connect to Xbox Live on this console. To fix it, download it again

in XBoX on Windows
    Sorry this profile can't connect to Xbox Live on this console. To fix it, download it again: Whenever I sign in to Xbox live on my Xbox 360 It takes me to a screen that requires me to log in, once I log in with my email and password it brings up the error message above. So how do I...
  5. How do you fix "Can't connect to your DHCP server."?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix "Can't connect to your DHCP server."?: It started around a week ago where I've gotten off for the night to log on the next say to see my internet is turned off so I go to connect and it says it's connected but I'm not online usually it...
  6. Sorry, this profile can't connect to Xbox live on this console. To fix it, download it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sorry, this profile can't connect to Xbox live on this console. To fix it, download it...: I got this error when trying to play Black Ops 2 Zombies on my Xbox one. Does anyone know how to fix this error? Is anyone having the same problem? Please Help! 528e144d-1b37-4642-8c5f-a30e4d30062e
  7. I can't connect to my wireless network Xbox sees it but will not connect how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect to my wireless network Xbox sees it but will not connect how do I fix it: Just bought an Xbox 360 from a friend of mine sees my wireless network but will not connect please enlighten me on how to fix it 38b6a850-ba64-406d-a226-6947bde04829
  8. Can't connect to Cloud games online service (+ my weird fix)

in XboX Insiders
    Can't connect to Cloud games online service (+ my weird fix): So I'm having a weird issue with either the PC Xbox App, the Microsoft Store or xCloud in general and MLB The Show 21. I'm basically able to launch the game, however once in the game, it fails to...
  9. Can't seem to fix being unable to connect to Forza servers.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't seem to fix being unable to connect to Forza servers.: I've been having this problem for a bit now but I can remember a while back I was able to play online. I can't now and I've tried on Forza Horizon 4 and Motorsport 7 (which are the only Forza...
  10. Sorry, this profile can't connect to this console. To fix it, download it again(no error codes)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sorry, this profile can't connect to this console. To fix it, download it again(no error codes): Most of the times this issue is happening on xbox one consoles , but in my case it's happening on xbox 360. Any advise? d6a1e100-0c17-48af-aa7e-ae1439c06cb7