How to fix an Xbox one controller that won’t turn on?

Discus and support How to fix an Xbox one controller that won’t turn on? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my Xbox one controller will not turn on it flashes but will not turn on until I plug it in to a different power source. I can then unplug the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mikey41williams, Apr 29, 2024.

1. How to fix an Xbox one controller that won’t turn on?

So my Xbox one controller will not turn on it flashes but will not turn on until I plug it in to a different power source. I can then unplug the controller and it runs perfectly fine without being plugged in. However, the cycle starts over every time where I have to replug it in to start the controller and then unplug it actually be able to play.

How can I fix this so I don’t have to go all the way across the room to plug it in every time I want to use the controller?

:)

Mikey41williams, Apr 29, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Mikey41williams, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, reset your controller pairing.

To unpair it, press and hold the pair button on top of the controller for a few seconds until it vibrates twice.

Remove the batteries, wait for a few seconds, and reinsert them.

Once this is done, try to pair it again.

Turn on your controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button.

Press and release the Pair button on the Xbox Console.

Within 20 seconds, press and hold the controller’s Pair button (a circular button on top of the controller as you hold it in your hands) until the controller's Xbox button flashes a few times.

That means it's searching for a console.

The Xbox button stays lit once it's connected.

You can also check if there is an update for the controller.

To open the Xbox Accessories app on your console, press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select My games & apps > See all > Apps

Select Xbox Accessories.

If you prefer, you can do it on a PC: https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9NBLGGH30XJ3

Let me know if it works!
  3. Kevin Chan2 Win User

Bug with Xbox home page

I have done further investigation into why this is happening, and it turns out it really was the controller. The LT button seems to be jammed but I have no way of fixing it, as when I test out every single button, they all work aside from LT. seems to be the reason why it keeps going back to the first game in my home page. Thanks for the help anyways, I might just have to get a new controller now, as rapidly trying to press the LT button as hard as I can won’t fix it. I do have another controller but that one is also broken as it won’t turn on. I will create another post on that one. Thanks for trying to help.
  4. denis97g Win User

My Xbox One won’t activate

Hi! can you still turn the console on? if yes, try this https://www.****/knowledge/how-to-fix-xbox-one-controller-not-syncing/
  5. XBF Steven R Win User

Xbox adaptive controller no longer drawing power from PC

Hey there
    JesseNieboer

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for help with this. I can totally understand how confusing this could be. IF the troubleshooting steps that you have tried and that is outlined in The
    buttons on my Xbox Adaptive Controller aren’t responding
    or My Xbox Adaptive Controller won’t turn on don't resolve the issue,
    then I would indeed say that your controller might be experiencing a hardware problem. I suggest following the steps outlined here on

How do I replace my Xbox Adaptive Controller?
    to have your product replaced.

Hope this information was helpful.

Thanks!
  6. Schuylersullivan Win User

2k22 mycareer wont load in

I’m on Xbox one s and I’m having problems running mycareer on nba 2k22 it won’t load in just send me back to Home Screen how can I fix this
    Has anyone found a way to fix this I’m on Xbox one at the NBA draft but won’t let me play it just goes back to Xbox homepage
Thema:

1. How to fix an Xbox one controller that won’t turn on? - Similar Threads - fix controller won’t

2. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  3. I NEED HELP FIXING MY CONTROLLER!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I NEED HELP FIXING MY CONTROLLER!!: Hey yall i need help fixing my controller. I dont know why its doing what it is doing. All of a sudden, withing 10 minutes of me steppi g away and coming back my controllef is broken. Anytime i...
  4. My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it: Xbox elite controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in 97adfc5f-e45b-4f81-a5ab-d7826d75c20d
  5. How to fix ps5 controllers and ps4 controller from not connecting to ps5

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix ps5 controllers and ps4 controller from not connecting to ps5: Hello, I’m having an issue with my controllers connecting to the ps5. I have 2 ps5 controllers and 1 ps4 controller. All controllers work fine, nothing is wrong with it. However, after a certain...
  6. Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?: I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently get stick drift exactly 1 month after the...
  7. When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?: Hello, this issue is beyond of, - just veryfing your network with your ISP and confirming no packet losses (not the issue), - changing your monitor to game mode, low input latency, adaptive...
  8. How to fix controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix controller?: My Xbox series X controller seems to have developed an issue where both triggers are registering as pressed on the test lab in settings and my console light flashes. Any ideas? I think I ruined...
  9. Lots of problems with xbox and controller any fixes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lots of problems with xbox and controller any fixes?: [img] My xbox wont let me get ti the homescreen, everytime i tried turning it on it took about 5 minutes to say xbox then it said the message above, before this happened there was another message...
  10. How do I fix my controllers joystick that won’t work when I click it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my controllers joystick that won’t work when I click it?: Sometimes it works if I press it down hard. dd5fc550-569c-4032-b4fc-9dc690114f1a