How to Fix a Microsoft Account Tied to Old Email?

Discus and support How to Fix a Microsoft Account Tied to Old Email? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I originally signed up for my Microsoft account to use XBox Live many years ago, using the only email account I had at the time, which was an... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Edmund Dixon, Dec 20, 2022.

1. Edmund Dixon
    Edmund Dixon Guest

I originally signed up for my Microsoft account to use XBox Live many years ago, using the only email account I had at the time, which was an @us.army.mil address. Those servers are shut down and while my Xbox Live account is now tied somehow to a civilian account as well, it also still registers the old address as my "primary" and I can't seem to figure out how to change it from my civilian email account login.

Meanwhile, I can't login using a .mil address any longer because of DoD's use of MSTeams, which triggers Microsoft to try to log me into my *actual* government account, which uses a .mil address, but not the old us.army.mil address any more.

The real reason I'm trying to figure this out is because apparently I have a bitlocker key I need to get into a hard drive I wanted to swap out of a dead laptop, even though I never told Microsoft to set up bitlocker on my computer.

Help!

:)

Edmund Dixon, Dec 20, 2022
  2. Sun Khou Win User

Hi Edmund Dixon,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Sun Khou Win User

Hello Jaeyoung Ko1,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description you posted, it seems that you have an issue with Xbox wherein you are unable to access the data on your hard drive because your hard drive is asking for a bitlocker recovery which is tied to your old email address.

Let’s work together in finding the best solution to this issue.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

• What is the make and model of your hard drive?

• Is your hard drive the one that has been encrypted with bitlokcer?

• Was your laptop provided by your government or is it just a personal device?

In the meantime, we would like you to provide us with some answers first to the questions above. In order for us to provide you with a more accurate solution.

We look forward to your reply,

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. VibroPlex Win User

wrong email address how do you change it

Unless you did the Change Microsoft Account option on the Xbox, his account is still tied to the old email.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Unable to play Minecraft after changing the email associated with my Microsoft account.

how did you change the email as the email address IS the microsoft account and everything purchased is tied to that microsoft account, you can only change a microsoft account email via alias creation.
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

Microsoft account is tied to an old email that no longer exists

Hi Beard. My name is Kyle and I'm a player like yourself who loves helping other consumers with their PlayStation questions. While I can assist with most questions, I cannot access your account details to provide information on billing/account queries.

To protect customer privacy, Microsoft can only help customers verify their account ownership through the online recovery form: https://account.live.com/acsr

If you remember any new details that might help with the recovery process, it's encouraged to keep trying to recover your account using the online account recovery form.

https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/lost-password-solution

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
Thema:

1. How to Fix a Microsoft Account Tied to Old Email? - Similar Threads - Fix Microsoft Account

2. How to fix my X Box warranty incorrectness in microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix my X Box warranty incorrectness in microsoft account: How to fix my X Box warranty incorrect details in microsoft account. I tried talk to agent but it always shows please try after some time. Please do the needful. Regards [mod removed - personal...
  3. I have been locked out of all Microsoft accounts and the only way it can be fixed acording...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have been locked out of all Microsoft accounts and the only way it can be fixed acording...: Microsoft for 'unusual activity" has locked me out of my acounts and cost me about $1000. I cant get into the 365 I used to run my business, I have lost all the emails from my business, lost all...
  4. account lock microsoft... lost progress on all my games. how do i fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    account lock microsoft... lost progress on all my games. how do i fix this: I have an account with tons and tons of progress on all my games, and one day I log into my account that has a screen saying "Your account has been locked" following with something to tell me to...
  5. I need microsoft/xbox to fix issue with gamepass quests not being accessible on my account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need microsoft/xbox to fix issue with gamepass quests not being accessible on my account...: For months I have been unable to view or complete gamepass quests, daily weekly monthly etc. For some unknown reason they just disappeared and I've tried many fixes to find a solution but still...
  6. How to fix Microsoft not recognizing my account error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix Microsoft not recognizing my account error: Im trying to log into my Microsoft account for various things eg minecraft and my account in general but hen i put my email that has worked all this time it says Microsoft doesn't recognize this...
  7. How can I fix Microsoft dev account sign up issues?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I fix Microsoft dev account sign up issues?: Hello So I’m trying to sign up to the Xbox Developer Program and this is my first time. I was filling out my account but then I noticed I entered the wrong country after continuing to next page....
  8. How to fix the exoprimal Microsoft sore account differing issue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix the exoprimal Microsoft sore account differing issue?: I have purchased the gamepass on my account so i can play exoprimal. I downloaded the game, im logged in on the same account on the store, my xbox account and everything else inbetweeen. However...
  9. fix minecraft multiplayer is disabled please check your microsoft account settings ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fix minecraft multiplayer is disabled please check your microsoft account settings ?: [img] Hello I'm Kareem. I bought Minecraft today, but I can't get into the multiplayer mode I tried many ways, such as getting out of the family group when I am over 18, and doing the players mod...
  10. Fix for "Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fix for "Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft": I just want to share this fix that I've found for not being able to login to PS4/PS5 Minecraft with a Microsoft Account. If you're having this issue, change your PlayStation account (PSN) email...