How to fix a game that shows black screens when loading??

Discus and support How to fix a game that shows black screens when loading?? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had my Xbox one ever since 2019 on Christmas day and now I see that the game I just bought was working at first now it’s not it was resident evil... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Z4822, Dec 22, 2023.

1. Z4822
    Z4822 Guest

I had my Xbox one ever since 2019 on Christmas day and now I see that the game I just bought was working at first now it’s not it was resident evil village it would turn to a black screen and stay there when I starting the game and when I press a to continue to play and freezes in some cutscenes I was wondering how to fix it

:)

Z4822, Dec 22, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Z4822,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue usually happens when an update is not yet installed or

We understand that you're experiencing issues with Resident Evil Village on your Xbox One. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to fix the black screen issue:

1. Restart your Xbox One console and try launching the game again.

2. Check for any available updates for the game and install them.

3. Power cycle your console:

• Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    • Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
      Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
    • Plug the console power cable back in.
    • Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.
    4. Test other games to see if the issue happens.

If issue still persists with this specific game, you may need to consider uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. B1gBarBas Win User

Cant play call of duty ghost??

I have the exact same problem. All off my other games work, but COD just shows the first two load-up screens, then the screen goes black... NOTHING. I'm sure there are others who are having the same problems. Any advice on how to fix this?
  5. CeoOfShrek Win User

fallout 76 and other newer titles wont launch with the xbox app on pc

No errors were found when troubleshooting and the error message is gone but upon launching it will start the game but freeze as soon as the menus loads, and other times upon launch it will show as a black screen with my cursor showing as the blue loading circle then the crash menu pops up saying the basic "Close app" and "Wait for response". I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and possibly that will fix it.
  6. XxPWNAGExX3 Win User

Help!!!!!

When you start up dark souls does go a black screen and not even show the loading bonfire?
Thema:

1. How to fix a game that shows black screens when loading?? - Similar Threads - fix game shows

2. XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times: Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it hasnt been doing it as consistently. The most i...
  3. (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...

in XBoX on Windows
    (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...: Hello, so I am having a particularly strange issue with my XBox cloud gaming service. I have already chatted with the helpdesk about this and did the troubleshoooting they suggested but it hasn't...
  4. How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming: Someone please help, my xboxs have a doible nat detected which is preventing any games or streaming from working 77a95849-09cd-4ff2-8746-a8be219db461
  5. How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games: Earlier I was trying to play rdr2 then the game said it needed an update so I clicked update then it said installation cancelled tired to do it agian same thing. So I then restart the xbox which...
  6. My game is not fully installed even though I uninstalled it how do I fix it?

in XBoX on Windows
    My game is not fully installed even though I uninstalled it how do I fix it?: Recently I Had installed ARK: Survival evolved but had an issue and decided to uninstall it and then reinstall it however when I "Uninstalled it" it did not uninstall, It was through the xbox app...
  7. My profile on XSX only shows what Xbox 360 games I am playing. Does anyone have a fix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My profile on XSX only shows what Xbox 360 games I am playing. Does anyone have a fix?: Earlier today, my friend and I decided to load into an Xbox 360 game, Splinter cell blacklist. When we were done playing, we both quit out. However, it still showed on both of our profiles that we...
  8. Gamebar and Xbox app both fails to show game invites, how can I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamebar and Xbox app both fails to show game invites, how can I fix this?: Gamebar and Xbox app both fails to show game invites: Xbox Console Companion does not work for this purpose and asks me to use Xbox app, Xbox app and Gamebar (Win+G) does not work either.. It...
  9. Why doesn't my xbox game bar show any audio inputs or outputs and how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesn't my xbox game bar show any audio inputs or outputs and how do I fix this?: [img] Personally I like to adjust the volumes here but suddenly I can't see it so please help me. e880ead2-b82b-4e22-903e-75a9a36ff273
  10. Xbox (Beta) Doesn't show some game icons, any fix?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox (Beta) Doesn't show some game icons, any fix?: [IMG] submitted by /u/KrazyCrayon [link] [comments]