How to extend kinect 2.0 cable

Discus and support How to extend kinect 2.0 cable in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; 10 months after launch and still no word. C'mon guys. You are now second to Sony and need to be better to regain your lead. We NEED that cable. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheKillArtist, Apr 15, 2014.

  1. BobMurdoch
    BobMurdoch Guest

    How to extend kinect 2.0 cable


    10 months after launch and still no word. C'mon guys. You are now second to Sony and need to be better to regain your lead. We NEED that cable.
     
    BobMurdoch, Sep 28, 2014
    #31
  2. Please don't try to turn this into a comparison thread. Whether MS has the cable or not won't make a difference in sales and even if it does, it will be virtually negligible. Besides, didn't we already offer a solution in one of the posts above already?
     
    Galactic Geek, Sep 28, 2014
    #32
  3. Boxcar Alex
    Boxcar Alex Guest
    Anyone hear anything??? this is a bit obscene at this point. I also need a run of around 50 ft.
     
    Boxcar Alex, Dec 4, 2014
    #33
  4. JPep715
    JPep715 Guest

    How to extend kinect 2.0 cable

    I know most of you probably have all your electronics in one spot. Especially with projecters. I'm not trying to be a tool but wouldn't it be easier to have the system in front of you with the kinect and just run a longer HDMI? Probly be less expensive too
    maybe?
     
    JPep715, Dec 4, 2014
    #34
  5. So it seems Microsoft have released a USB3.0 hardware adaptor so you can use your Kinect sensor with your Windows PC.

    Yes it is USB3.0, but it has been tested and is working when used with the USB3.0 connections on the rear of the XBone.

    £29.99 from the Microsoft Store ($49.99 for you Yanks).

    It would be interesting to know how many active USB extensions can be daisy chained before it stops working, or whether USB over cat5/cat6 baluns would have a fast enough data-transfer rate...

    www.microsoftstore.com/.../productID.307714800
     
    GiltCloud158201, Dec 15, 2014
    #35
  6. felickz
    felickz Guest
    felickz, Dec 15, 2014
    #36
  7. I believe there are two different types of Kinect, one built for Windows, and one built for XBone.

    The Kinect for Windows version (via this hub) doesn't work too well on the XBone, but an Xbone Kinect should work fine. Why there are two versions I have no idea.

    I will be purchasing one anyway (£30) and if it doesn't work then it's going back to the shop. I've got nothing to lose How to extend kinect 2.0 cable :)
     
    GiltCloud158201, Dec 16, 2014
    #37
  8. How to extend kinect 2.0 cable

    GiltCloud158201, Dec 16, 2014
    #38
  9. ShurukoHS
    ShurukoHS Guest
    I have a similar setup with a media room. Why would I want to put all of my boxes right next to a 120" screen that glows with green and red lights? Some company has to be able to come up with an extension cable
     
    ShurukoHS, Jan 16, 2015
    #39
  10. ITcrack
    ITcrack Guest
    ITcrack, Jun 25, 2015
    #40
  11. I cant find a controller usb cable to buy seperately, so i think there is very little chance of getting a kinect v2 extension cable...

    I had an Excalibur extension cable for my ps4 camera, but belive it or not it caused echo and pickup to happen a lot more whilst in a party talking, so i had to remove that one.

    If any body finds anything, please let me know.

    Richard
     
    Richard Sebire, Oct 31, 2018
    #41
  12. Richard Sebire Win User

    How to extend kinect 2.0 cable

    I cant find a controller usb cable to buy seperately, so i think there is very little chance of getting a kinect v2 extension cable...

    I had an Excalibur extension cable for my ps4 camera, but belive it or not it caused echo and pickup to happen a lot more whilst in a party talking, so i had to remove that one.

    If any body finds anything, please let me know.

    Richard
  13. johnjend [MSFT] Win User

    How to extend kinect 2.0 cable

    Uh, can you run like 10 of these serially? 6 feet is salt on the wound....
  14. Galactic Geek Win User

    How to extend kinect 2.0 cable

    Well, there you go - problem solved and France has finally done something worth noting. :p
  15. mocoworm Win User

    How to extend kinect 2.0 cable

  16. StabFrenzie Win User

    How to extend kinect 2.0 cable

    So buying the Kinetic wasn't an option for early adopters and with the lack of an extension cable it's just been sitting in my closet. Now Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, has announced there will be a Kinetic free version after forcing us too buy it
    and they still haven't released an extension cable.

    I'd like my $100 back please. I'd be happy to send you the Kinetic, it's still in it's plastic wrap.
Thema:

How to extend kinect 2.0 cable

Loading...
  1. How to extend kinect 2.0 cable - Similar Threads - extend kinect cable

  2. Project EVILBANE Pre-Alpha Playtest is Extended!

    in XboX Insiders
    Project EVILBANE Pre-Alpha Playtest is Extended!: [IMG] Project EVILBANE Pre-Alpha Playtest is being extended and will continue to be open this week! Space is still available so come join in the preview! Check the Xbox Insider Hub to join....
  3. My account was banned after bring hacked and stolen.waited my time then it was extended how...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My account was banned after bring hacked and stolen.waited my time then it was extended how...: How can I get extended time for my ban when I couldn't play and my accounts get banned when had nothing to do with it and couldn't message. ebea248a-d948-4bdf-b830-ff517ecc0801
  4. Extended Warranty?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Extended Warranty?: I Have A Xbox One Series X And I Wanted To Know If I Could Get A Extended Warranty? 6a4c0502-854b-4835-a045-71b6e8b8ef12
  5. I need to file a claim for my Xbox I've bought the extended 3 year warranty with the game

    in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to file a claim for my Xbox I've bought the extended 3 year warranty with the game: The cord to the console will not stay plugged in u have to put tape on it for it to make the game come on I purchased the 3 year warranty when I bought the console it cover everything like neglect...
  6. Xbox Series X overheating during extended gameplay sessions

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X overheating during extended gameplay sessions: Hello everyone, I've been experiencing an issue with my Xbox Series X overheating during extended gameplay sessions. After playing for about two to three hours, the console becomes noticeably...
  7. Xbox Series X overheating during extended gameplay sessions

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X overheating during extended gameplay sessions: I've been experiencing overheating issues with my Xbox Series X during extended gameplay sessions, and it's becoming quite frustrating. After playing for a few hours, the console starts to heat up...
  8. My Xbox Series X keeps overheating during extended play sessions

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox Series X keeps overheating during extended play sessions: I've been having an issue with my Xbox Series X where it consistently overheats during extended gaming sessions, particularly when I'm playing graphics-intensive games. I've ensured that the...
  9. Kinect Help - Need to extend my Kinect

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect Help - Need to extend my Kinect: I just purchased an XBOX ONE with Kinect and the cord that goes from the Kinect to the gaming console is too short for the location of the console. HELP. Microsoft says that they only have an...
  10. Extend KINECT cable using CAT cable

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Extend KINECT cable using CAT cable: I just got the XBOX One with the Kinect. I have a finished basement and had run a number of spare CAT6 cables in the wall from the screen location to the electronics rack at the back of the room....