How to extend kinect 2.0 cable

Discus and support How to extend kinect 2.0 cable in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Still waiting on this cable. I thought monoprice and MS were working on a solution. I guess it wasn't a priority. I wish I had the means to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheKillArtist, Apr 15, 2014.

  1. SUBCRIM
    SUBCRIM Guest

    How to extend kinect 2.0 cable


    Still waiting on this cable. I thought monoprice and MS were working on a solution. I guess it wasn't a priority. I wish I had the means to manufacture these cables, could have made a killing by now.
     
    SUBCRIM, May 26, 2014
    #16
  2. StabFrenzie
    StabFrenzie Guest
    So buying the Kinetic wasn't an option for early adopters and with the lack of an extension cable it's just been sitting in my closet. Now Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, has announced there will be a Kinetic free version after forcing us too buy it
    and they still haven't released an extension cable.

    I'd like my $100 back please. I'd be happy to send you the Kinetic, it's still in it's plastic wrap.
     
    StabFrenzie, May 27, 2014
    #17
  3. DeltaBuc7
    DeltaBuc7 Guest
    Add me to that list. I like how they keep flipping their strategy. First family share now no kinect. I can't use my damn kinect so if I would have had the option in the first place I would have gone without it too.
     
    DeltaBuc7, May 27, 2014
    #18
  4. Merit_W
    Merit_W Guest

    How to extend kinect 2.0 cable

    Merit_W, May 28, 2014
    #19
  5. mocoworm
    mocoworm Guest
    mocoworm, Jun 4, 2014
    #20
  6. Well, there you go - problem solved and France has finally done something worth noting. How to extend kinect 2.0 cable :p
     
    Galactic Geek, Jun 4, 2014
    #21
  7. W4rgasm
    W4rgasm Guest
    I was forced to place my xbox at the front of the room by itself underneath my projector screen with a long HDMI Cable. It looks pretty bad and out of place. Well i'm getting married soon and im not so sure my future wife will want to keep the same awkward
    setup in the living room. Pretty disappointed this hasn't been fixed yet, how hard is it to make a freaking cable?

    Or perhaps making the kinect obsolete solved the problem too... ill miss the voice commands alot if i have to take it down.
     
    W4rgasm, Jun 5, 2014
    #22
  8. How to extend kinect 2.0 cable

    Chalk me up for needing an extension cable. Nothing like spending $$thousands$$ on a media room only to have my xbox one sitting on the floor, when everything else is neatly tucked away and plugged into the wall. We need a USB adapter, that would be sweet!
     
    Fraxture Point, Jun 11, 2014
    #23
  9. roldogg
    roldogg Guest
    I need the same cable if I'm going to use it with my projector. From the look at the cable connection, it looks like a DisplayPort cable, not a USB 2.0 or 3.0.
     
    roldogg, Jun 16, 2014
    #24
  10. Korizain
    Korizain Guest
    They have one on amazon in the uk but its preorder, not available till 25th sept apparently, i could do with one as ive just wall mounted my tv and cos i cant mount my xb1 behind it as you cant stand it vertically, iv had to put it on the nearest surface
    which is a few metres away so i have a long hdmi to reach the tv but i cant use my kinect any more until this is released, at leased i can use the xbox without havin to keep moving it.
     
    Korizain, Aug 29, 2014
    #25
  11. Palendrone
    Palendrone Guest
  12. Uh, can you run like 10 of these serially? 6 feet is salt on the wound....
     
    johnjend [MSFT], Sep 10, 2014
    #27
  13. How to extend kinect 2.0 cable

    If Kinect uses USB 3.0 technology (or similar) then no chaining would not work well, you'd probably need an active extension cable. 2m might be as much as it can be extended without a more expensive active cable.

    That being said, I am still waiting for this also! I need about 30ft.
     
    Ruined-F10DA1F3-5BC3-4A9B-BFCC-E45EA7FF6DC5, Sep 10, 2014
    #28
  14. UncookedHawk14, Sep 20, 2014
    #29
  15. DarkTherapy
    DarkTherapy Guest
    DarkTherapy, Sep 20, 2014
    #30
Thema:

How to extend kinect 2.0 cable

Loading...
  1. How to extend kinect 2.0 cable - Similar Threads - extend kinect cable

  2. Project EVILBANE Pre-Alpha Playtest is Extended!

    in XboX Insiders
    Project EVILBANE Pre-Alpha Playtest is Extended!: [IMG] Project EVILBANE Pre-Alpha Playtest is being extended and will continue to be open this week! Space is still available so come join in the preview! Check the Xbox Insider Hub to join....
  3. My account was banned after bring hacked and stolen.waited my time then it was extended how...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My account was banned after bring hacked and stolen.waited my time then it was extended how...: How can I get extended time for my ban when I couldn't play and my accounts get banned when had nothing to do with it and couldn't message. ebea248a-d948-4bdf-b830-ff517ecc0801
  4. Extended Warranty?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Extended Warranty?: I Have A Xbox One Series X And I Wanted To Know If I Could Get A Extended Warranty? 6a4c0502-854b-4835-a045-71b6e8b8ef12
  5. I need to file a claim for my Xbox I've bought the extended 3 year warranty with the game

    in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to file a claim for my Xbox I've bought the extended 3 year warranty with the game: The cord to the console will not stay plugged in u have to put tape on it for it to make the game come on I purchased the 3 year warranty when I bought the console it cover everything like neglect...
  6. Xbox Series X overheating during extended gameplay sessions

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X overheating during extended gameplay sessions: Hello everyone, I've been experiencing an issue with my Xbox Series X overheating during extended gameplay sessions. After playing for about two to three hours, the console becomes noticeably...
  7. Xbox Series X overheating during extended gameplay sessions

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X overheating during extended gameplay sessions: I've been experiencing overheating issues with my Xbox Series X during extended gameplay sessions, and it's becoming quite frustrating. After playing for a few hours, the console starts to heat up...
  8. My Xbox Series X keeps overheating during extended play sessions

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox Series X keeps overheating during extended play sessions: I've been having an issue with my Xbox Series X where it consistently overheats during extended gaming sessions, particularly when I'm playing graphics-intensive games. I've ensured that the...
  9. Kinect Help - Need to extend my Kinect

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect Help - Need to extend my Kinect: I just purchased an XBOX ONE with Kinect and the cord that goes from the Kinect to the gaming console is too short for the location of the console. HELP. Microsoft says that they only have an...
  10. Extend KINECT cable using CAT cable

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Extend KINECT cable using CAT cable: I just got the XBOX One with the Kinect. I have a finished basement and had run a number of spare CAT6 cables in the wall from the screen location to the electronics rack at the back of the room....