How to exclude a (previously included manually) game from being recognized by Game Bar?

Discus and support How to exclude a (previously included manually) game from being recognized by Game Bar? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi there. When i run a game for the firs time and it wasn't recognized by MS game bar as a game, i can press [Win+g] to bring a popup message which... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by VAinc, Aug 30, 2018.

1. VAinc
    VAinc Guest

How to exclude a (previously included manually) game from being recognized by Game Bar?

Hi there.

When i run a game for the firs time and it wasn't recognized by MS game bar as a game, i can press [Win+g] to bring a popup message which ask me if this is a game.

If i understand the process right, when i confirm that this is a game, this game is registered in some sort of database (maybe registry) and next time i run the game, the game bar will recognize it and offer services automatically.

Now to the point.

Recent game i started to play wasn't initially recognized by game bar, so i brought it manually and confirmed what needed. Therefore the game bar shows up every time i run this game.

Unfortunately at some point this game inevitably crushes, and i figured out on support forums, that most probable cause for this crush is in its incompatibility with game bar service.

Reinstalling the game did not help.

Giving the ability to register games in game bar's database, i want to know how to exclude these games causing them to be completely unrecognizable by the game bar.

I want to emphasize that I am not asking how to turn off the Game bar or XBox app and MS gaming service.

Thanks.

:)

VAinc, Aug 30, 2018
  2. Cole2999
    Cole2999 Guest
    Mistake when creating GamerTag

Well, thanks for that... They should at least make the system able to recognize which GamerTag is being changed so that it excludes that, allowing you to modify your current GamerTag :/

Cole2999, Aug 30, 2018
  3. Why no girl soldiers?

Dude just put China from WWF in the game and NO BODY would say *** about women being in the game or that they are excluded...problem solved

das grenadeah, Aug 30, 2018
  4. How to exclude a (previously included manually) game from being recognized by Game Bar?

When you start up the game bar when the game is running press the settings/gear symbol in the bottom left this will open an additional text window with some check boxes. Uncheck the this is a game box

The Viral Cyrix, Aug 30, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: