how to develop an app like xbox game bar

Discus and support how to develop an app like xbox game bar in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to develop an app that can display on the current full screen games or any window. The functions and behavors are just like xbox game bar.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Vincentli5, May 24, 2021.

1. Vincentli5
    Vincentli5 Guest

I want to develop an app that can display on the current full screen games or any window. The functions and behavors are just like xbox game bar. Anyone knows how xbox game bar is designed? game overlay? But It seems it doesn't care the game is developed by dx or opengl.

:)

Vincentli5, May 24, 2021
  2. Vincentli5 Win User

Xbox Game bar is part of the operating system
    many thanks for your reply. Xbox game bar integrates many plugins and user can run xbox game bar first and then load the plugins by clicking buttons on xbox game bar. Now If I want to develop a Xbox game bar plugin, is it possibe to run the plugin with some hotkey or something else without loading xbox game bar first?Or xbox game bar runs without gui displaying on the top.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox Game bar is part of the operating system
  4. SammyVS Win User

Halo MC collection for PC

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

1. Logout from Xbox app and Microsoft Store app

2. Look for the Xbox app and Microsoft Store in the Windows bar, right-click, click app settings and then click terminate, restore and reset. Do this with the game too.

3. Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.

4. Login with your account again in both apps

5. Open the Microsoft Store, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner ''download and updates'' and click on ''get updates'' and update everything. After these steps try again.

If the problem persists it is necessary to contact the game developer. Wait 24 hours after installing the content again before contacting the developer.
  5. SammyVS Win User

Xbox Gaming App *for PC* is Missing game DLC/content (World War Z game)

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

1. Logout from Xbox app and Microsoft Store app
    2. Look for the Xbox app and Microsoft Store in the Windows bar, right-click, click app settings and then click terminate, restore and reset. Do this with the game too.
    3. Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.
    4. Login with your account again in both apps
    5. Open the Microsoft Store, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner ''download and updates'' and click on ''get updates'' and update everything. After these steps try again.

If the problem persists it is necessary to contact the game developer. Wait 24 hours after installing the content again before contacting the developer.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

[PC] Xbox Game bar push to talk not working in background

Hi Alk,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with PTT on the Xbox Game Bar while in an Xbox Live party. I know it can be frustrating to have to open the overlay anytime you want to talk with friends using PTT. When did this issue start occurring?
    Did PTT on the Xbox Game Bar work as intended before a recent update to the Game Bar?

There may not be a solution if this feature has encountered a bug and the only way to fix it would be to report the issue to the program developers to look into the issue and introduce a fix in a patch. The best way to report this issue to the developers
    is to use the
    Feedback Hub app on Windows 10
    . Just search for the app in the search bar or install it from the Microsoft Store.

Any issues with the Xbox Game Bar or any gaming issues with the Xbox platform on Windows 10 should go through the Feedback Hub app if a know solution or workaround cannot be found.
Thema:

1. how to develop an app like xbox game bar - Similar Threads - develop app game

2. Can't create a developer account (Microsoft runs on trust error)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't create a developer account (Microsoft runs on trust error): Hello. Yesterday, I was going to sign up for developer access, but I backed out. Today I decided to go ahead and sign up. I used the same account, but this time it gave me a "Microsoft runs on...
  3. Great development and performance made by XBOX

in XboX Insiders
    Great development and performance made by XBOX: Microsoft / XBOX is doing great to our community. In our digital and gaming environment, the company is performing admirably. Positive growth is being seen in the number of GamePass subscribers,...
  4. Is there a way to get a free Xbox developer account for students.

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to get a free Xbox developer account for students.: I heard about a way to claim a Microsoft partner center promo code for free on azure if you're a verified student, but it's long gone now. My question is, how to claim a promo code if you are a...
  5. MS Developer Account Registration payment via PAYPAL ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    MS Developer Account Registration payment via PAYPAL ?: Hello, I'm from Germany and would like to register for an app developer account in Partner Center. I don't have a credit card and would like to pay the fee with PayPal or Xbox credit/voucher. I...
  6. Developer Portal Link not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Developer Portal Link not working: Hello, I activated developer mode more than an hour and have not been able to access the Device Portal in order to deploy applications/games Getting this out of the way now so I don’t get the...
  7. How do you feel about the latest development with Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    How do you feel about the latest development with Xbox?: Hey everyone my name is Jack and I own a Xbox series x. I have been playing games in Xbox for 13 years now after the latest news from Xbox I’m wondering if now is the time to sell it and my...
  8. I’m having issues creating a Developer Account, would anyone be able to help me?

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m having issues creating a Developer Account, would anyone be able to help me?: Ive been trying to sign up for a developer account for my xbox, however I keep getting this error message: Microsoft runs on trust. We engage in a rigorous set of evaluation and certification...
  9. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  10. About develop apps through develop I can change system? And second if I go on Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    About develop apps through develop I can change system? And second if I go on Microsoft...: Just I need more information about developing apps 3ce5fd0f-e68f-4261-8c16-db455af343a4