How to delete individual saves

Discus and support How to delete individual saves in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; On my Xbox One, I just want to delete individual saves of a game, not the entire game data and the game itself. I am not seeing anywhere where I can do... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kelly Lowery1, Jul 15, 2023.

1. How to delete individual saves

On my Xbox One, I just want to delete individual saves of a game, not the entire game data and the game itself. I am not seeing anywhere where I can do that. When I go to storage it just gives me the option to delete the data and games themselves locally. When I go to manage games and add-ons and also does not give me the option to delete individual game saves. Can someone tell me how to do so if possible, because there are saves I am never going to play/open again and I do not want them up there anymore.

:)

Kelly Lowery1, Jul 15, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Kelly, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

Depending on the game, you should be able to see an option to delete individually the saved progress you don’t need, or overwrite it with a new game.
    May I know what game is the one you want to delete the progress individually?
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

How to recover palworld save on xbox series s?

Hello HennyHardawayDDU,

No, we can only delete the entire saves, not individually.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Is there a way to delete a single save file for a game instead of all of the save files?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

It is generally possible to delete a single save file for a game, rather than all of the save files at once. The specific method for doing this will depend on the platform on which the game is running and the specific game itself.

On a computer, you can often delete individual save files by navigating to the folder where the game stores its save files and deleting the specific file that you want to remove. The location of the save files will vary depending on the game and the operating system that you are using.

On a console, you can often delete individual save files by accessing the system's storage management menu and selecting the specific save file that you want to delete. The exact steps for doing this will depend on the specific console that you are using.

If you are unable to delete a specific save file using these methods, it is possible that the game does not allow individual save files to be deleted. In this case, you may need to delete all of the save files and start over if you want to reset your progress in the game.
  5. MightyQuinn75 Win User

How to delete game saves on xbox one

If I remember correctly you end up with multiple saves on Falout 4. You can actually delete individual saves. If you can get to the load game screen without crashing you can view them all and delete individual saves. Alternatively you would need to
    go to games, manage the game and delete from console and cloud. But you would lose all progress so that really should be a last port of call.
  6. DoggishApollo4 Win User

How to delete an individual game save off of my XBox One

Thanks for the reply.

I had to delete my entire Fallout 4 save from the cloud and local. Everything lost. Easily over 600 hours, and 5 different characters. Sigh...

I understand why they won't allow us backing up our saves to a USB drive... everyone's a cheater in their eyes, but I will NEVER understand why we can't delete one single save that is corrupting our ONE entire game save file like we could on the 360. Ridiculous...
Thema:

1. How to delete individual saves - Similar Threads - delete individual saves

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?: My ps4 Minecraft world got deleted but a corrupted file. I don’t know how to get it back. Please help 9f78e459-f1b1-4974-a401-af34fbe80df2
  4. Deleting captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting captures: You guys deleted my captures, this sucks!... df7d048c-5163-4092-bf9b-2711cd084e3a
  5. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  6. Blocking Xbox X (0x80a40020) For multiple account creation and deletion for how long is the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blocking Xbox X (0x80a40020) For multiple account creation and deletion for how long is the...: Console serial number 090189223117 cc7b311d-94ae-4693-8739-bf4e1a02fcd5
  7. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  8. deleted a game by mistake from xbox how can i restore it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    deleted a game by mistake from xbox how can i restore it.: by mistake deleted some games how can I restore them. some of these games are off the game pass like minecraft for xbox 1 e26a01a1-24ab-4a2e-b447-678bd36143ac
  9. I deleted Minecraft off my IPhone, how do I restore my old worlds?

in XBoX on Windows
    I deleted Minecraft off my IPhone, how do I restore my old worlds?: Hi! So I stupidly decided to delete Minecraft on my IPhone because I thought it would help out with a glitch, without realizing that it would delete my worlds (I am fairly new to the game). If...
  10. How do i delete my xbox games on a external drive that has been corrupted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i delete my xbox games on a external drive that has been corrupted?: My external drive on my series s will show that the games i try to uninstall are gone, but the storage taken is still the same as when the game was installed. 29027c81-2fe6-4c75-940f-8ffa841133ef