How to copy game file to another PC? (GAMEPASS)

Discus and support How to copy game file to another PC? (GAMEPASS) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Me and my brothers live in the same house and using different PC. We are trying to save bandwidth by only downloading on 1 PC, then copying the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by John Apostol, Jan 1, 2024.

1. John Apostol
    John Apostol Guest

Me and my brothers live in the same house and using different PC. We are trying to save bandwidth by only downloading on 1 PC, then copying the game file to another 2 PCs. Downloading 1 game (around 80GB) takes a whole day. There is no way for us to download the same game to all 3 PCs.

Game: Remnant 2

We have tried:
    1. Copying the game normally. But we were prevented by No Permission. Same result after trying to take ownership of Everything.
    2. 3rd party backup software (Easeus) to copy and paste. But we were hit with Unsupported 16-bit application error message.

:)

John Apostol, Jan 1, 2024
  2. ngocphi Win User

Becausr the files you need can't be copied

They are encrypted folders

And would have to be reinstalled installs are encrypted and registered
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi John, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Some installation files can't be copied, but you do have the option to move it, but it won't achieve the result you want.

Please, take a look a this thread by JananiDhana : https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/1554a01e-8e0c-483f-888e-b1fceea40faa
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Palworld unsupported 16 bit

I had downloaded files on external harddisk from another computer and then copied files to xbox games in C drive....
    This is likely the reason why. PC games on the Xbox App have additional protections that prevents files being used from a different install of the game on another computer. If you want to play this on your PC, you need to download the game from the Xbox App directly to your PC.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Xbox Games compatible with the Xbox Pc App

Play anywhere is a separate copy of the game and are only covers digital copies

You are better off using gamepass at that point

Computers use exes or coms files and with xbox games are also encrypted

Vs consoles they use encrypted xvd files
  6. Greymagic27 Win User

Xbox minecraft related

You can use gamepass to access the game, or you can purchase it again.

The xbox console copy of the game is not the same as the PC copy, as it's a different platform
Thema:

1. How to copy game file to another PC? (GAMEPASS) - Similar Threads - copy game file

2. Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?: Hi, For the past month or so I have been having capturing clips using the Xbox Game Bar and I would usually send to the Xbox App by pressing copy link. This option isn't available anymore. I...
  3. I was hoping to purchase a digital copy of a game that’s on the Xbox store but says not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was hoping to purchase a digital copy of a game that’s on the Xbox store but says not...: Overlord 1 and 2 is on the Xbox store and I was hoping to buy it but it says it’s not currently available and I was hoping I could get my hands on it I use to play it when I was younger and was...
  4. Why can't I copy a game to my external drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I copy a game to my external drive: Why can't I copy a game to my external bf1c0fe2-a641-465f-b56f-5c20812f364a
  5. How to Copy Xbox App Game to Another PC Without Redownloading ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Copy Xbox App Game to Another PC Without Redownloading ?: It's a tough thing to download games in Egypt due to the limited internet quota that the internet companies provide so I need a way to share the game files with my friends to be able to enjoy my...
  6. Physical copy of a digital game unable to work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Physical copy of a digital game unable to work: Hi there, My question is about the physical version of a game not working as intended. But context so a few months ago I brought the digital versions of the batman arkham trilogy. Until I could...
  7. Mortal kombat 11 physical copy story mode not showing up in manage games and add on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mortal kombat 11 physical copy story mode not showing up in manage games and add on: Mortal kombat 11 story mode not showing up in manage games and add on 3ab55318-c4a0-4fb7-874e-538b6a4b91f8
  8. I downloaded a game on an Xbox One, then copied/transferred it to my Xbox XS, if i delete...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded a game on an Xbox One, then copied/transferred it to my Xbox XS, if i delete...: Sorry I am not familiar with Xbox or gaming, I just want to know if i delete this game from my Xbox XS, will it still be on my Xbox one? The game was originally bought on the Xbox one, i just...
  9. Xbox game bars option to copy link has disappeared, how to do I get it back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bars option to copy link has disappeared, how to do I get it back?: To upload my clips from windows to my mobile xbox app it was simply just copy link and it would apear on my app in the captures option. Now the copy link option has disappeared and only and upload...
  10. I bought a physical copy of call of duty black ops 2 for xbox 360 and the game is in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a physical copy of call of duty black ops 2 for xbox 360 and the game is in...: I bought a physical copy of call of duty black ops 2 for xbox 360 and the game is in German, can I somehow change it to English or Polish? 7726f092-0487-4cb1-98db-1f6e57105010