How to convert offline account to Live account

Discus and support How to convert offline account to Live account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there a way top convert a local xbox 360 account to an xbox live account. I have the local account, I have set up a xbox Live account from the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Eivinv2, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Eivinv2
    Eivinv2 Guest

Is there a way top convert a local xbox 360 account to an xbox live account. I have the local account, I have set up a xbox Live account from the computer. How do I merge the two?

On my xbox 360 I am not able to select ´Profile´from the settings menu (it is ´greyed´out) when I am logged in to the local account that I want to convert. I am only able to import the gamertag created online to the xbox, but this only creates a new account,
    and all my achievements are gone.

:)

Eivinv2, Jan 29, 2017
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Offline child account conversion to XBox Live account

It's no longer possible to convert offline child accounts to Live accounts. You would have to create new Live accounts for them.

Smwutches, Jan 29, 2017
  3. NothingLord
    NothingLord Guest
    Disconnecting from xbox live.

My cousin wants to disconnect from xbox live. By this I mean he wants to convert his xbox live free account to an offline account. Is there any way to do this? And, if so, how?

NothingLord, Jan 29, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

These are the steps to convert an offline account to a Live account - Turn Xbox Offline Profile into a Gamertag | Join Xbox Live
    If it is a child account, it will not work and you would have to use the new account that was created in order to use Live.

There is no way to merge the Live account you created with your offline account.

Smwutches, Jan 29, 2017
  5. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Account Merge?

Hi there,

Since you've already used this Microsoft Account you're posting on, you'll likely need to use a different one when you have your offline account converted to a Live account.

HERE is how you can convert an offline profile to a Live gamertag. You'll need to do this on your Xbox 360 where the offline account
    is.
  6. Smwutches Win User

7. Smwutches Win User

Offline child account conversion to XBox Live account

It's no longer possible to convert offline child accounts to Live accounts. You would have to create new Live accounts for them.
  8. Nytwyng Win User

Converting offline account to Live account

So, here we are, 11 days later. Still no contact as promised by the chat agent, still no transcript of the chat by email, still unable to even move the gamer tag to another account and try creating another one. And, most importantly, still no assistance
    in converting an offline child account to a Live child account.

Really, really dissatisfied with the level of service all around. Anyone have any ideas on the next level to contact? This really needs to be escalated, particularly in light of the apparent breakdowns in the support system.
  9. LrdOfTheFllnLnd Win User

Converting offline account to Live account

I'm having the same issue. My son has an xbox 360 with an offline profile. I'm trying to convert that to a live account. I tried signing up for the live account from the console and was unable to continue because of the age restriction. So I went online
    and eventually figured out how to create a child live account (an unnecessarily cumbersome process). I then logged back into the console with my son's profile and tried to sign in to the live account. That just takes me back to the profiles screen. So I
    logged into the profile again and tried to sign up for xbox live. I was able to complete the sign up process but received an error about the email address being associated with an existing account. So, does anyone know the exact steps I need to follow to
    convert my under-13 son's offline profile to an xbox live profile. This really shouldn't be so difficult.
Thema:

1. How to convert offline account to Live account - Similar Threads - convert offline account

2. Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...: Basically when ever I go to bring the world to bedrock after transferring it to the one addition it go up to 16 percent then crashes the game 698cce11-900d-49a0-8b20-f58ba80e9854
  3. Can't Login to Microsoft Store - Account Converted to Office365

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Login to Microsoft Store - Account Converted to Office365: In Aug-2020 I purchased a copy of MS Flight Simulator and have the email receipt and order number. I only have and have ever had one email address, which is from a business I own. In 2020 I...
  4. Split screen multiplayer converted to full screen using two different TV's

in XBoX on Windows
    Split screen multiplayer converted to full screen using two different TV's: I have a HDMI splitter for possibly connecting two TV's to one Xbox series X and I was wondering if there is a way to input new coding to make split screen on one TV to full screen using two...
  5. convert a 16 character epic vbucks card to 25 characters

in XBoX on Windows
    convert a 16 character epic vbucks card to 25 characters: How do I convert a 16 character Fortnight vbucks card to 25 charaters? dd004f24-34e5-4277-90b9-f971fab47602
  6. I can't convert my 200$ Microsoft balance into Robux. What can I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't convert my 200$ Microsoft balance into Robux. What can I do?: Service Unavailable (microsoft.com) Error message: HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable. 40182fce-ab9b-4574-b990-ad552c9f69bd
  7. Can I convert the coins in Microsoft solitaire game collection to real money?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I convert the coins in Microsoft solitaire game collection to real money?: I am playing "Klondike" in the Solitaire & Casual Games Collection. And have received coins in daily challenges. If there's no way to, still inform me. So I won't have a false hope....
  8. How do I convert core to gold so I can play crossplay online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I convert core to gold so I can play crossplay online: How do I convert core to gold so I can crossplay online? ba4f900c-349b-4349-8f63-b64c09296f4d
  9. Xbox Series X from USA, needs Converter en Argentina?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X from USA, needs Converter en Argentina?: Hi! I bought an Xbox Series X in the USA and i wanted to know if i could plug it directly to the 220v electric current of argentina, or if i have to buy a converter. The lable in the console says...
  10. Why others' installer files like .deb, .tar, .pkg,... can be converted to executable...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why others' installer files like .deb, .tar, .pkg,... can be converted to executable...: I don't know why it's not possible for APK but others' like Mac, Linux is possible 075a89c5-1e00-4026-9bc9-d0887049fb7d