How to connect xbox series s for the first time without a tv?

Discus and support How to connect xbox series s for the first time without a tv? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought a series s today and i don’t have a tv. my laptop has an hdmi port so i’ve plugged it in but i don’t know where to go from here.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mila Poznikoff, Sep 27, 2023.

1. How to connect xbox series s for the first time without a tv?

I just bought a series s today and i don’t have a tv. my laptop has an hdmi port so i’ve plugged it in but i don’t know where to go from here.

:)

Mila Poznikoff, Sep 27, 2023
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

The HDMI port on your laptop is likely only an HDMI out, so that you can hook it up to an external TV/monitor and output its display to that.

In order to display the Series S's output on your laptop's screen, it would have to have an HDMI in port.

What's the make/model of the laptop?
  3. SpAzZ H Win User

Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?

I have the Xbox series S/X. When I turn on my xbox it turns on as usual without any problems but when I switch to HDMI 1 or 2 on my TV it says "no signal" or "make sure connected device is turned on" when it is. And no nothing else is connected to the xbox.
  4. Shaggy2000 Win User

Xbox one S first time setup without TV

So that fact that your laptop only has a HDMI OUTPUT kind of pretty much ruins any easy way of getting your console to work directly with your laptop.

As others have said you could stream your console to your laptop, but I get the feeling that you would have to tell your console to stream every single time, which I would have thought would require a TV or monitor.

Easiest way would be to just buy a cheap TV/monitor.
  5. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Not sure if direct connection is needed - or if you can use network cable and stream video over to pc.

Or xbox app or similar.
  6. Zen Like Calm Win User

Ah yes, streaming is a possibility that I hadn't considered.

Do you have any kind of computer monitor at your home? One with HDMI would be perfect but HDMI to VGA/DVI can be bought pretty cheaply. Use the monitor to set up your console and then stream to the laptop (providing it is running Windows 10 that is).
Thema:

1. How to connect xbox series s for the first time without a tv? - Similar Threads - connect series without

2. Series S connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S connection issue: Every day after I get off work and come home and try to load up my Xbox it says that it is not connected to the Wi-Fi. I proceeded to type in the password for the Wi-Fi and get prompted with “...
  3. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  4. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  5. My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it: The Internet works fine on everything else. ead1a9fe-d0af-4431-9005-424964e655e8
  6. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  7. my xbox series x will not connect to home wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x will not connect to home wifi: my xbox series x is being a huge hassle right now. it connects to my phone hotspot just fine but it says my password for my home wifi is wrong when its not! my phone and laptop both easily...
  8. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  9. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  10. Can I connect my Xbox series s to my tv without using my consoles hdmi port its broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect my Xbox series s to my tv without using my consoles hdmi port its broken: Can I connect my Xbox series s to my tv without using my consoles hdmi port its broken ed1658e4-bbe4-45aa-9563-a719034e7496