how to connect xbox one controller to pc (wired)

Discus and support how to connect xbox one controller to pc (wired) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ive connected my xbox one controller via usb to my pc, but it doesnt connect, however when i hold down the home button the controller it flashes white... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Horsham Dragonhunter, Dec 6, 2023.

1. how to connect xbox one controller to pc (wired)

Ive connected my xbox one controller via usb to my pc, but it doesnt connect, however when i hold down the home button the controller it flashes white despite not having any batteries in it. does anyone know what to do?

:)

Horsham Dragonhunter, Dec 6, 2023
  2. christophe75018 Win User

force disconnecting and reconnecting the controller each time the pc is started

Microsoft Xbox One Controller + Cable for PC and Xbox

Bluetooth 4.0 technology

Wired connection for PC - 2.74m cable included

Wired / wireless connection for Xbox One

buy on Sep 15, 2019
  3. Shadowskill08 Win User

Connecting xbox one controller to PC without Bluetooth

You are able to use Xbox One controller through a wired connection on a PC. Here is the support

page
    for controller connections to PC.

Hope this helps!
  4. ChiefJoboo Win User

Connecting a xbox360 controller to a pc thru xbox360

No that is not possible to connect a controller to your PC through your console. You will need the Xbox 360 wireless USB receiver for windows or buy a pure wired USB xbox 360 controller (microsoft and 3rd party ones available and all will work).

The play and charge USB cable for xbox 360 controllers does not make a wireless controller wired as it only transfers power and not data.

You could buy an xbox one wireless controller that is newer and has bluetooth and connect it to your PC directly as seen on this page: :

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

You can also use an xbox one wireless controller of any type (with or without bluetooth) with a Micro USB cable on a PC as well. THAT wire does make the xbox one wireless controller act as a wired controller while connected via Micro USB.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

xbox 360 controller not working on PC

Is the controller a wireless controller or wired? If it is wireless, how are you connecting it? If by using the play & charge kit, then the Xbox 360 controller will not work, as the cable is only recognized on PC for charging only. You need to use a Xbox
    360 Wireless adapter for PC to connect a wireless Xbox 360 controller to your PC.
  6. BuckoA51 Win User

Xbox One Controller Wireless Adapter Z axis and rotation at 0%

Same issue here on my PC with Xbox One controller and wired connection, a real shame as I like the controller otherwise.
Thema:

how to connect xbox one controller to pc (wired)

1. how to connect xbox one controller to pc (wired) - Similar Threads - connect controller wired

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  4. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  5. My xbox one elite controller will not connect to my pc using a wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one elite controller will not connect to my pc using a wire.: My xbox one elite controller will not connect to my pc using a wire. Its connects via Bluetooth but drops in and out. With wire it does not work and does not appear in my device manager, i have...
  6. Xbox Series X/S controller not connecting to PC wired

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X/S controller not connecting to PC wired: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc however when plugged in by USB wire, the light just blinks and does not connect. My pc does not have Bluetooth support, but I know that the...
  7. how do I connect my gaming controller to my laptop through a wired connection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do I connect my gaming controller to my laptop through a wired connection: I am trying to connect my gaming controller to my asus vivobook and it won't allow me to. whenever I connect it though Bluetooth it causes my pc to overheat and crash my game, which is a similar...
  8. Why does my Xbox one controller not stay connected to PC? Doesn't matter if it is wired or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one controller not stay connected to PC? Doesn't matter if it is wired or...: Why does my Xbox one controller not stay connected to PC? Doesn't matter if it is wired or Bluetooth. Controller firmware is up to date. 6bb322ee-8701-447d-a91d-2423faed3db8
  9. Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Xbox 360: My brother got an xbox 360 from his grandad. It worked but the controller has a circular cable and couldn't plug into the console so we had to order an adapter, once we got the adapter it worked...
  10. Trouble connecting a DS4 wired controller to PC for xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting a DS4 wired controller to PC for xbox app: Hello! I am using an HP desktop PC with 3 monitors. I would like to connect my DS4 wired controller to the Xbox app and play some decent games. I installed DS4Windows_3.2.11_x64 and...