How to connect older xbox 360 to online via laptop (windows 8)

Discus and support How to connect older xbox 360 to online via laptop (windows 8) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a how to video on how i fixed my problem last night. I bought an older used Elite 360 and didnt think it doesnt have a wireless adapter built... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XxThatLifexX, Jul 17, 2015.

1. XxThatLifexX
    XxThatLifexX Guest

I have a how to video on how i fixed my problem last night. I bought an older used Elite 360 and didnt think it doesnt have a wireless adapter built in. So after hours searching thru forums and google looking for fixes, i played with a few settings and came
    up with this. It worked for me. Hope it helps some people out! If you do take the time to check the video out, its a little over a minute long. Thanks!!

[Mod Removed: Please do not promote your YouTube site on the forums. Thanks!]

:)

XxThatLifexX, Jul 17, 2015
  2. bloosuga
    bloosuga Guest
    Xbox Live and hotel Wi-Fi via Ethernet?

If you have a laptop that's window 7 older you can share internet from the laptop to the 360. Windows 8 removed this feature so you'd have to get a third party software for that.

bloosuga, Jul 17, 2015
  3. Sm0lzz
    Sm0lzz Guest
    Windows 8 network bridge not connecting to Xbox Live

Hi, I am having a problem when I try to connect to Xbox Live via my laptop running Windows 8. Whenever I try to connect to Xbox Live on my Xbox 360 it doesn't want to connect to Xbox Live. The Xbox 360 says that it is an ip address problem and I tried everything
    on the support site. Could you please help?

Sm0lzz, Jul 17, 2015
  4. ZyNLeX
    ZyNLeX Guest

Hello,

Good video, but there is a support page for utilizing Windows Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) that describes a similar procedure.

support.xbox.com/.../win-computer

Good instructional video nonetheless.

ZyNLeX, Jul 17, 2015
  5. Hey there, XxThatLifexX! Thanks so much for the information, however the moderator that edited your post is accurate. We don't allow promoting of Youtube videos here. If they are posted after a Support agent requests it, that's for troubleshooting purposes.
    ZyNLeX posted up our correct support article for this page.

Since this isn't a support thread, I'm going to lock this one down. However, if there are any users that come across this, give the steps out in the support article a try first. If they don't work, please be encouraged to post up a new thread detailing what
    you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. Thanks for understanding! How to connect older xbox 360 to online via laptop (windows 8) :)

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, XxThatLifexX! Thanks so much for the information, however the moderator that edited your post is accurate. We don't allow promoting of Youtube videos here. If they are posted after a Support agent requests it, that's for troubleshooting purposes.
    ZyNLeX posted up our correct support article for this page.

Since this isn't a support thread, I'm going to lock this one down. However, if there are any users that come across this, give the steps out in the support article a try first. If they don't work, please be encouraged to post up a new thread detailing what
    you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. Thanks for understanding! :)
  7. ZyNLeX Win User

Hello,

Good video, but there is a support page for utilizing Windows Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) that describes a similar procedure.

support.xbox.com/.../win-computer

Good instructional video nonetheless.
  8. Lmnopotts Win User

xbox 360smart glass not working with my 8.1 machines HELP

I have the same issue.

Xbox 360 connected to router via cable.

Lenovo laptop running 8.1 connected to router via wireless.

Lumia Icon (Windows phone) connected to router via wireless.

All correctly using the same Microsoft account.

The phone can connect to the 360 just fine, the laptop's smartglass app cannot locate the 360. I have no idea why. The 360 network configuration is set to automatic. How am I supposed to get my PC app version of smart glass to connect to the 360?
  9. ArminatorX Win User

My earbuds are not working well

So if I understand you correctly, you are streaming from your console to your laptop, and you have your controller connected to the laptop with your earbuds connected to the controller?

How is your controller connected to the laptop? Via MicroUSB cable or via the Xbox wireless adapter for Windows 10?
  10. jacevedom Win User

Xbox 360 SmartGlass not working

Same issue as the rest of you. I am trying to connect using Windows 10 laptop (version 1709 and connected ehternet) and Windows 10 Surface (versión 1709 and connected wifi). My Xbox 360 is connected to the internet via Ethernet. The 360 Smartglass
    app will bring up my profile but will not connect to my Xbox 360 (console settings allows for Smartglass connectivity)
Thema:

1. How to connect older xbox 360 to online via laptop (windows 8) - Similar Threads - connect older 360

2. My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are: Im visiting family and brought my xbox with me and when i set it up to use it worked just fine. I turned it off when i was done and came back a few hours later to find that it disconnected from...
  3. unsupported when i connect mi xbox to mi Inves tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    unsupported when i connect mi xbox to mi Inves tv: hi everyone i have a question that you all heard at least one time here, i dont know why when i connected mi xbox one to mi tv it appears "unsupported" i already tried it all,fabric reset, normal...
  4. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  5. How do i get better connection with my games so I don't lag out

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i get better connection with my games so I don't lag out: How do I get better connection for my Game 4688434d-a986-4c3f-91cb-f7edbde9c348
  6. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?: My Xbox one is not connecting to my WiFi even though my password is correct. My Xbox one has been doing this sense June 21, 2024. It’s not the router or the model. I use AT&T WiFi and this problem...
  8. Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...: Updates are downloading, and the "check network connection" says all services are available and I am connected. However, the store won't load and multiplayer doesn't seem to work....
  9. Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?: About 4 days ago out of the blue my Xbox One S wouldn’t connect to the internet (I have an Ethernet cable and no wireless internet in range to be able to connect to.) when I would try and test the...
  10. Any way to connect an older 360 to an Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any way to connect an older 360 to an Xbox One?: I literally have a 360 that I bought 3 months after it came out and that sucker is still running great. But it didn't come with the HDMI input, which I know I could use that to connect it to my...