how to connect my xbox one to my laptop so I can stream my games?

Discus and support how to connect my xbox one to my laptop so I can stream my games? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm trying to enter the IP address but my laptop says "we couldn't find your Xbox one" 84fccec5-7dff-41c4-9bd0-abe966a3f550 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by carlosjoachin10, Sep 27, 2017.

1. how to connect my xbox one to my laptop so I can stream my games?

I'm trying to enter the IP address but my laptop says "we couldn't find your Xbox one"

:)

carlosjoachin10, Sep 27, 2017
  2. Streaming from Media Center: Entire House Goes Offline

My issue is that if I stream content from my laptop to my xbox via media center no one in the house can connect to the internet. I have to reset the modem. In other words, I simply can't stream from one computer to my xbox without the entire house going
    offline. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

BADassStBullies, Sep 27, 2017
  3. roseybjb
    roseybjb Guest
    about laptop to xbox one

how far range will the laptop connect to the xbox one, my internet dont wont well upstairs, if I have the xbox one upstairs and the laptop down stair will I be able to stream? or is it to far?

roseybjb, Sep 27, 2017
  4. JacobTharp Win User

Using my laptop screen as a monitor for my xbox one

I am trying to play my xbox one on my laptop, as I have no TV, And I am trying to use an HDMI cable to be able to use my laptop screen as a monitor for my xbox one. I have searched everywhere on how to do it, but my xbox isnt connected to the internet
    to sue the xbox app for streaming, as I have no screen to use to connect it to the internet.
    hello so this did not help me do you know how I can do this because I have a xbox but no tv so can u help
  5. SunOfANutcrackr Win User

Help connecting my Xbox One to my Surface Book2

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out to us.

I don't think it's possible to display the picture from the Xbox onto your laptop simply by just plugging in the HDMI into the laptop. It should be a compatible TV or computer monitor.

However, it is possible to stream your games to the laptop through the Xbox App as long as both are connected to the same home network.

Follow our
    How to use game streaming in the Xbox app on Windows 10
    to make sure you have the correct system requirements and settings. Settings for your Xbox One can also be configured through the Xbox App.

Let us know if this helps!
    no, the problem is I can't connect them to the same network, I moved to my college dorm and my laptop is on the wifi, but my Xbox isn't and I can't change the settings because I don't have any display. Is there a way I can change my Xbox settings through the
    app if they're not on the same wifi? Or possibly if I buy the surface dock could I display my Xbox to my laptop in a wired connection through that?
  6. Spazpol Win User

Using my laptop screen as a monitor for my xbox one

I am trying to play my xbox one on my laptop, as I have no TV, And I am trying to use an HDMI cable to be able to use my laptop screen as a monitor for my xbox one. I have searched everywhere on how to do it, but my xbox isnt connected to the internet
    to sue the xbox app for streaming, as I have no screen to use to connect it to the internet.
    Unless the HDMI is an input (usually it is output on a laptop) it will not work. You could use the xbox app if it is a WIndows 10 machine and stream to the console. It would help if both console and laptop have a hardwired Ethernet to prevent excessive
    lag.
  7. Lance Daigre Win User

How do I connet my xbox one to my Windows 11 laptop.

So can I stream the game through my Xbox or does it have to go through my laptop?
  8. OscarOrtiz Faull Win User

xbox console connection

I have the exact same problem. I updated my Xbox to the latest update and connected it to the internet again so I could stream games to my laptop outside of my room. I loaded into the app and attempted to stream my
    console. I could turn on the Xbox remotely however it cannot connect.
Thema:

how to connect my xbox one to my laptop so I can stream my games?

1. how to connect my xbox one to my laptop so I can stream my games? - Similar Threads - connect laptop stream

2. How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop?: Hi everyone, I'm trying to use my laptop as a monitor for my Xbox, but I'm running into some difficulties and could use some advice. Here's what I've tried so far: HDMI Connection: My laptop...
  3. Where is the connection tab on the laptop xbox app(latest update)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where is the connection tab on the laptop xbox app(latest update)?: How do I connect my xbox series s to my windows laptop? I want to use my laptop as a monitor. I searched it up and the results are showing the connection tab on the xbox app but the xbox app has a...
  4. My new laptop keeps getting the error we found your console but can’t connect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My new laptop keeps getting the error we found your console but can’t connect: I just got a Lenovo laptop and gaming on it works with my hot spot but it keeps saying it won’t connect with Internet. I keep getting the error “we found your console but can’t connect....
  5. Pressed network reset on my msi laptop can’t use keyboard anymore or connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pressed network reset on my msi laptop can’t use keyboard anymore or connect to internet: My msi laptop those not work anymore because network reset messed it up I can’t even use my keyboard or connect to anything I have to type with the touch screen keyboard...
  6. Is there a way to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI: does anybody know of any ways to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI . I heard there used to be an Xbox companion app to which I found out it was discontinued . does anyone know of any...
  7. Stream xbox one to laptop through wifi without internet connection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stream xbox one to laptop through wifi without internet connection: Hi I want to stream xbox to laptop through wifi modem. This wifi modem doesn't have access to internet, I want to play offline games. Is there a way I can get it to work? Many thanks...
  8. how to stream/connect to laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    how to stream/connect to laptop: on the xbox app it says to put in the consoles ip address put it in and said it was wrong. don't know if am doing it wrong don't think so. 420c8d82-1212-4dd5-b352-262e42293477
  9. how to connect xbox one to hp stream laptop window 8?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to connect xbox one to hp stream laptop window 8?: help me figure how to connect xbox one to laptop pc? 0302c13e-70b3-455f-bc9f-2fc81b792835
  10. No more windows media center, how can I connect the 360 to my laptop to stream my movies?

in XBoX on Consoles
    No more windows media center, how can I connect the 360 to my laptop to stream my movies?: Hi everyone! So I am getting sick and tired connecting my laptop via HDMI to my tv. I've been trying to connect my laptop to the 360 via media servers and it's not working, nor can I download...