How to change your classic gamertag but keep your regular gamertag

Discus and support How to change your classic gamertag but keep your regular gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey I accidentally chose the wrong classic gamertag and I want to change it how do I do that c69fdf74-127e-4070-9f44-5106ca09e6bd Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Blizz IC3, Sep 5, 2023.

1. Blizz IC3
    Blizz IC3 Guest

Hey I accidentally chose the wrong classic gamertag and I want to change it how do I do that

:)

Blizz IC3, Sep 5, 2023
  2. EzequielNeves19 Win User

3. Smwutches Win User

PC Gamertag

Since it's over 12 characters, you've changed your classic gamertag, but not you regular gamertag. You'd have to change that one, but it is limited to 12 characters.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Two Gamertags???

So since they updated the gamertag policy a few years ago, accounts can now have what's called a "classic gamertag" in addition to their regular tag. It's kind of meant for when people choose special characters in their tag, but it can show up for other reasons to. Changing your tag on the 360 would change the classic tag, but not the regular tag. The regular gamertag can be changed at https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag or on an Xbox One or Series S/X.
  5. Big Boy Blobfish Win User

Unable to change gamertag

I'm trying to change my classic gamertag which is the one you see in games. My classic gamertag got changed and my Xbox One and Xbox App gamertag stayed the same (the Xbox One gamertag is the ones they added with the new gamertag system).

My Xbox One gamertag is different to my in-game gamertag and I want my classic gamertag to be changed. You can only change your classic gamertag on the Xbox One console, I have tried using the other ways and you can only change your Xbox Gamertag, not your
    classic gamertag.

The reason I want to change my classic gamertag is that the classic gamertag can be fifteen characters and the Xbox One gamertag can only be 12 characters. If I use the other ways to change my gamertag it limits me to 12 characters and sets both my gamertags
    to that.
  6. Kimberly AnneTecson Win User

New Gamertag System Suffix Issues

Hi,

You cannot change the suffix that was added to your gamertag. If you'd like to change how the classic gametag appears for locations that don't support modern gamertags, you can se the "Customize classic gamertag" option when reserving your gamertag.
    NOTE: A suffix is added when that exact gamertag is already registered. If you enter a unique gamertag, no suffix will be added.

Thanks
Thema:

1. How to change your classic gamertag but keep your regular gamertag - Similar Threads - change classic gamertag

2. how to change. a refresh rate with no picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change. a refresh rate with no picture: i accidentally changed from 60Hz to 120Hz and i cannot go back to 60Hz due to no hdmi so i cannot see a menu what can i do 399100dd-554f-4769-a630-a3b8d12e327f
  3. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  4. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  5. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  6. Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.: I'm trying to play some OG Xbox games that have inverted controls by default, with no in-game option to reverse it, specifically Otogi. The Xbox controller app only allows for inversion of the Y...
  7. How do i change my classic gamertag into my new gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change my classic gamertag into my new gamertag: I changed my username on the xbox 360 and i thought it would change on the xbox one. I go on the xbox one and it only changed my classic gamertag. why is this and how do i fix it? [img]...
  8. I just payed $9.99 to change my classic gamertag, but it remains the same?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just payed $9.99 to change my classic gamertag, but it remains the same?: as the title suggests, I have an issue with my classic gamertag I just purchased it to change, but its still showing up as my old one. I really don’t want it to be a waste of money...
  9. How can I change my Xbox classic gamer tag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I change my Xbox classic gamer tag?: Hello, I've been trying to customise my classic gamertag for a few months now.. But for some reason, it keeps saying "Sorry, something went wrong, try your gamer tag again" I wanted to change...
  10. Is there a time frame for a classic gamertag to change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a time frame for a classic gamertag to change?: Today i hsve changed my username on xbox but only the Classic Gamertag and the transaction has went through but i do not see the classic name change even after restarting my console. Thank you to...