How to change my adult account to a child account and set up XBOX ONE timer controls?

Discus and support How to change my adult account to a child account and set up XBOX ONE timer controls? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am adult with an XBOX account that is a number of years old with XBOX live and an user (Dingies). My user (Dingies) is mostly used by my child. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DingiestVeil814, Jun 16, 2017.

1. How to change my adult account to a child account and set up XBOX ONE timer controls?

I am adult with an XBOX account that is a number of years old with XBOX live and an user (Dingies). My user (Dingies) is mostly used by my child. I want to set the account as a family account and add parental time controls. Can someone walk me through how
    to make my main user (Dingies) a child? Or set up parental controls on the main account (Dingies)? I don't want to create a new user for my child because he has been playing as Dingies. I just want to limit the hours. Thanks!

:)

DingiestVeil814, Jun 16, 2017
  2. robbs128
    robbs128 Guest
    change adult account to child account

Can i change an adult account to a child account. My son has been playing the xbox one under an account that i set up. i want to set up a child account for him but he doesn,t want all his game progress to be lost. Can I set up another adult account for myself
    and change his to a child account.

robbs128, Jun 16, 2017
  3. Parental control settings

I can't remember 100% but I am sure whoever set up the child account can change it. Like if you made an adult account on the xbox before making the child account that adult account can change wether the child account is a child account or and adult one.
    I will just test this out myself now and post how it went

ChaosReigNZ84, Jun 16, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

How to change my adult account to a child account and set up XBOX ONE timer controls?

You can't change an adult account to a child account.

Smwutches, Jun 16, 2017
  5. Maybe a better question is, how do I set up time controls on my (adult) account? Thanks!

DingiestVeil814, Jun 16, 2017
  6. Did you ever figure out what or how to go About doing this?

LouAnneStanford, Nov 1, 2018
  7. ChaosReigNZ84 Win User

Parental control settings

I can't remember 100% but I am sure whoever set up the child account can change it. Like if you made an adult account on the xbox before making the child account that adult account can change wether the child account is a child account or and adult one.
    I will just test this out myself now and post how it went
  8. Smwutches Win User

You can't change an adult account to a child account.
  9. LouAnneStanford Win User

Did you ever figure out what or how to go About doing this?
  10. DingiestVeil814 Win User

Maybe a better question is, how do I set up time controls on my (adult) account? Thanks!
  11. MorkyMork1991 Win User

adult vs child account

Well, a way around this is to set up a second adult account and use your main account as a child account. This would allow you to set a timer for your main account while also being able to control what access you have via your alt, adult account. And,
    as mentioned above, 18 is considered an adult account. But you can still have a child account if you wish to limit your playing time per day.
Thema:

1. How to change my adult account to a child account and set up XBOX ONE timer controls? - Similar Threads - change adult account

2. I have my account set as an adult account, but I still can’t change my profile picture to a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have my account set as an adult account, but I still can’t change my profile picture to a...: All of my stuff says I am a adult account and it still doesn’t work. be22e80e-a1e9-43cc-ad87-73a68f02c76f
  3. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  4. How do I change to an Adult account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change to an Adult account?: I created this account back around 2016, when I was not legally recognized as an adult. Now, 2 years have passed since I legally became an adult, but I still have child restrictions on my account...
  5. Can’t change gamer pic even thought account was always an adult.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t change gamer pic even thought account was always an adult.: My account always an adult age, but I still cannot change my gamer pic on my Xbox profile. Is there anyway to fix this? ebb193d6-2f7f-4e47-a550-04b08a8199de
  6. Change Adult Account into Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Adult Account into Child Account: I accidentally made what was supposed to be a child account an adult account and I need to change it but it's not letting me. I don't want to delete all of the progress on the account tho....
  7. Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?: Hello, When my son started using his Xbox, he created his profil using my Microsoft account. However, I cannot use the parental control on the Xbox because the only account is an adult account....
  8. It says I have an adult account but when I try to change my profile picture on the app it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    It says I have an adult account but when I try to change my profile picture on the app it...: It says I have an adult account but when I try to change my profile picture on the app it says that I need a adult account to do so what should I do? 67b049a0-f1d0-4b5c-a9eb-bdea1977071c
  9. changing kid account to adult

in XBoX Accessibility
    changing kid account to adult: hi, i wanted to know how i could change my kid’s account to an adult account so they can change their profile picture. i have tried managing consent but it brought me to a page which it said to...
  10. I can't change Xbox privacy settings from an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't change Xbox privacy settings from an adult account: I have this old account that I played on when I was a kid and the Xbox privacy settings are locked I tried to change them from an adult account but I still can't access changing the other...