How to change install folder in a drive for game pass but folder doesn't exist

Discus and support How to change install folder in a drive for game pass but folder doesn't exist in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to move game to from one drive to another but cannot as it says there is a drive issue. "N: - We didn't find N:\N:\Xbox. Make sure the folder... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AfroBacon, Sep 11, 2023.

1. AfroBacon
    AfroBacon Guest

Trying to move game to from one drive to another but cannot as it says there is a drive issue.

"N: - We didn't find N:\N:\Xbox. Make sure the folder exists and try again". This isn't a typo it says to find a drive in a drive. Not sure how to fix as even changing partition letter doesn't change it.

How to change install folder in a drive for game pass but folder doesn't exist [​IMG]

:)

AfroBacon, Sep 11, 2023
  2. AfroBacon Win User

Resetting the app doesn't fix and there is no errors with the drive. I can't make a folder for xbox to find as its looking for a drive inside a drive.
  3. RichieB_ Win User

Hello AfroBacon,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. RichieB_ Win User

Hi AfroBacon,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to change the install folder for Game Pass on your Windows computer, but the folder does not exist. I will be happy to assist you with this issue.

To change the install folder for Game Pass, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Xbox app on your Windows computer.

2. Click on the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner of the app to open the menu.

3. Click on "Settings" in the menu.

4. Click on "Storage" in the left-hand menu.

5. Under "New apps will save to," select the drive where you want to install Game Pass games.

6. If the folder does not exist, you can create a new folder by clicking on "Add a drive" and selecting the drive where you want to create the folder.

7. Once you have selected the drive and folder, click on "Apply" to save the changes.

If you are still unable to change the install folder for Game Pass, you can try resetting the Xbox app. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.

2. Click on "Apps" in the Settings app.

3. Scroll down and click on "Xbox" in the list of apps.

4. Click on "Advanced options."

5. Scroll down and click on "Reset."

6. Click on "Reset" again to confirm.

Now, to move a game from one drive to another, please follow these steps:

1. Open the Xbox app on your Windows 10 PC.
    2. Click on the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner of the app to open the menu.
    3. Click on "Downloads" from the menu.
    4. Find the game you want to move and click on it.
    5. Click on "Move" and select the drive and folder where you want to move the game to.

If you are still unable to move the game and are receiving the error message "We didn't find N:\N:\Xbox. Make sure the folder exists and try again", it is possible that there is an issue with the drive itself. I would recommend running a disk check on the drive to ensure that it is functioning properly.

To run a disk check, please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Right-click on the drive you want to check and select "Properties".
    3. Click on the "Tools" tab.
    4. Under "Error checking", click on "Check".
    5. Follow the prompts to complete the disk check.

I hope this information helps. We look forward for your response.

Thank you,

Microsofot Community Moderator
  5. RichieB_ Win User

Hi AfroBacon,

Thank you for the reply.

You may try this troubleshooting steps below and if the still the issue persist.

Go to PC Settings and select System.

1. Go to PC Settings and select System.
    2. At the left side, please select Storage and scroll down on the options on the right side.
    3. Look for Change where new content is saved. This will take you to a selection of drive and on the Change the New apps will save to - please select Drive E.
    4. Launch Xbox app and go to settings.
    5. Look for general and under Game Install Option, please select Drive E.
    6. Then, no need to change folder, as this will default to E:\XboxGames. Should you wish to rename XboxGames, you may select Change Folder.

We recommend that you need to speak with our Xbox Live support. It's best to work with them as they have the necessary tools to further check your concern and provide you with a timely resolution.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support

2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.

3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.

4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.

5. Select the "Contact Us" button

6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.

7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.

8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.

9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".

10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Windows error 0x80073d0b

Usually Game Pass games should be installed on the WindowsApp folder on your drive. I'm not sure if it lets you install the games on other folders.

You can change the drive, but changing folders may give you some issues. And never copy/paste games to another folder or drive. You need to uninstall them and install on the other drive.
Thema:

1. How to change install folder in a drive for game pass but folder doesn't exist - Similar Threads - change install folder

2. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1
  3. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  4. How to change the app permissions so I can install steam

in XBoX on Windows
    How to change the app permissions so I can install steam: How do I change the system setting so I can install steam I'm on an Acer Aspire 3 and can't do it since their is no feature in the settings 9db1798b-658a-40dd-9326-c75568de738a
  5. Installed language packs change the displayed language of certain apps away from the default

in XBoX on Windows
    Installed language packs change the displayed language of certain apps away from the default: I recently installed the Japanese language pack so that I could type Japanese characters when I wanted/needed, as it is a language I am currently studying. However, I noticed that all the Windows...
  6. how do I get a disc installed on series X, after resetting and changing DNS to 8888,8844?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do I get a disc installed on series X, after resetting and changing DNS to 8888,8844?: I've reset console and tried the well published DNS fix for installing games from a disc. I'm going to see if I can transfer from Xbox One, but would still have the problems for new games....
  7. can not change install location on pc for gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can not change install location on pc for gamepass: hello i am trying to install games from game pass onto my D drive. However when i go into settings > general and change the location to D, from C, it ignores this. It also asks me to choose a...
  8. Cannot change default installation directory for xbox gamepass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot change default installation directory for xbox gamepass: unable to change location as immeditly defaults back to C, support chat was less than useless stating it isnt possible despite this option being given on app (offered to screenshot but was told "I...
  9. Xbox App on PC won't allow me to change my installation location to my D: Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App on PC won't allow me to change my installation location to my D: Drive: Recently I have purchased Xbox Game Pass on my Windows 11 PC however I cannot change my installation to my D: Drive and get the drive issue "D: - This drive isn't formatted as NTFS. (it is NTFS)...
  10. Xbox App (Win11) stopped loading game list, can't change install folder, freezes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App (Win11) stopped loading game list, can't change install folder, freezes: Hello Suddenly the Xbox app is not working anymore. It can't load the game list and when I try to change folders it tells me "There was a problem loading installation locations. Try gain....