How to change email address?

Discus and support How to change email address? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I can't access my email account I originally used, and would like to change/update my account to my new email. But when I try to change it there is no... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Elijah Payne1, Dec 2, 2023.

1. How to change email address?

I can't access my email account I originally used, and would like to change/update my account to my new email. But when I try to change it there is no option. How do I update my email address or is it not possible? If someone could walk me through how to do it I'd appreciate it!

:)

Elijah Payne1, Dec 2, 2023
  2. D3ATH PRONE Win User

How to change email address

Hey there Butter, You must wait at least 30 days from the creation of a new account, or if you changed your Microsoft account within that 30 day timeframe.

I hope this helps!
  3. HyruleBalverine Win User

Um... I guess you are not big on details... Click "My Account" at the top of the screen or go to "Account Management" on your console. From either of these two locations it should be simple to update your email.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Elijah,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you would like to change email address.

We would like to ask, for few things:

• What is the email domain of your account? Sample email domains: @outlook.com, @hotmail.com, @yahoo.com.
    • What email address you would like to change? Is it the one that receives email or the one that you use to access Microsoft services?
    • Lastly, if you are trying to change email address, can you still sign into your account?

If you are looking for updating your Microsoft account alias, you may try to check the details from this support article: Add or remove an email alias in Outlook.com - Microsoft Support.

We look forward to your response.

If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. ButterInMyPants Win User

Hi, Hyrule. Yeah, I tried that, but it says the email address cannot be changed. So I'm screwed?
  6. alexwheeler Win User

You can go to account.microsoft.com in order to update your email address, log in with your current email address accociated with your xbox live, then click edit from there and enter a new e-mail address, also like a previous replay from D3ATH PRONE you
    can only update your email address 30 days after account creation
Thema:

1. How to change email address? - Similar Threads - change email address

2. Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email)

in XboX Insiders
    Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email): Basically the title. I have had the same Xbox account since I was a kid which has always been under my dad’s email address. As I’m older now, I want to be able to take control of the...
  3. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  4. Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?: Hey so I have a big problem. I had accidentally deleted my email account that is linked to my xbox account. I tried really hard to recover this account but I am truly unable to, and google is not...
  5. change email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    change email address: I no longer work at Audiology Systems and have no way of accessing emails sent to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. My xbox account is setup with this email...
  6. Change email address on profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change email address on profile?: My son has been using my email address for his Minecraft account now I want to transfer his profile over to his email.address so I can use my own email address for my new xbox account. Can anyone...
  7. Changing Email Address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Email Address: I am trying to change my "Account Alias" as it is an old college email that I no longer have access to. Under "add email" it does not give me the option to merge accounts: [img] I have my...
  8. Change email address on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change email address on xbox: My ex husband has his xbox linked to my email account. I've changed my password for security & privacy reasons but he now can't access his xbox without me giving him my new password which I don't...
  9. Need to change secondary email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to change secondary email address: I'm having an issue trying to update my Xbox account. I want to activate two step verification, but it wants to verify that it's actually me. The issue is the secondary email address it wants to...
  10. My (different) Microsoft account got hacked, hackers changed email address and removed my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My (different) Microsoft account got hacked, hackers changed email address and removed my...: My account, which is my personal account (not this one), got hacked through Minecraft, I was trying to redeem a code for a rank on Hypixel, when I received a notification on my email that a new...