How to change console on Xbox game pass app

Discus and support How to change console on Xbox game pass app in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I got a series S today, but I can't remote install because the app only shows my old Xbox one. I've gone into the settings in the app and to manage... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Defiance1659, Sep 14, 2023.

1. Defiance1659
    Defiance1659 Guest

I got a series S today, but I can't remote install because the app only shows my old Xbox one.

I've gone into the settings in the app and to manage console, but it's only showing my old Xbox and won't let me change it.

Another question had an answer to reset the Xbox, but that did nothing.

Seems like it should be a simple case of clicking the old console in the app and being able to switch from there

:)

Defiance1659, Sep 14, 2023
  2. AssertiveGrub90 Win User

Xbox Companion App Changed?

Xbox updated their PC apps recently with the introduction of the PC Game Pass. They changed the name of the Xbox app to the Xbox Console Companion and there is another app for PC Game Pass now. I'm not sure if they changed anything in the console app other
    than that.

Just to clarify, are you entering the console IP address and not you computer's IP address?
  3. ReeceLad Win User

Once you have gone through those steps, your new console will be set up and you can remote install, etc.
  4. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Have you tried deleting the app and starting over again??
  5. Joe Francis1 Win User

Thanks for the reply. The problem I'm having isn't with the Xbox app, it's with the game pass app.

The Xbox app is already during the series S, but doesn't seem to be a way to change the console on the gave pass app for some reason
  6. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Hello, Have you went through the Xbox app and connected the Xbox S console to the app? In the Xbox app from home screen select the console picture in upper right hand corner. It will be located next to a bell. Click it and select the option at the bottom where is says setup a console. This should take you through the process of setting the new console up. Make sure your home when doing so so console can really be connected.
Thema:

1. How to change console on Xbox game pass app - Similar Threads - change console game

2. Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...: [img] here is a photo of what it looks like bb1e3daf-04bc-4be3-9fd6-114ba54710be
  3. Xbox Series X settings keep changing every time I turn on my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X settings keep changing every time I turn on my console: Almost every time I turn on my Xbox all of my settings are changed. My password/pin will be deleted or it's changed to something else than what I set it too. Random games are downloaded that I've...
  4. Can I change my console region to access a game on gamepass ultimate subscription not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I change my console region to access a game on gamepass ultimate subscription not...: I have an Xbox Series X and I'm from India. There's a game called pillars of eternity 1. This game is not available in my current region India. My question is can I change my region to United...
  5. how do i change -personalize the background theme on a 360 console

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i change -personalize the background theme on a 360 console: i have an original 360 elite console from about 2012 maybe , googled how to do it but every anser it says to do the menues arent listed on my console. Like - Profile & system > Settings > General...
  6. Question about changing from console to PC

in XboX Insiders
    Question about changing from console to PC: I'm planning to buy a PC, since the price of the Series S here in Brazil increased a lot. If I change from console to PC using the same account, will my Insider level be the same it was on console...
  7. With Microsoft removing console companion, how do I change my pfp with custom picture on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    With Microsoft removing console companion, how do I change my pfp with custom picture on PC?: The website doesn't have an option for custom pfps and the xbox app has never had the option. I don't have a phone atm and I found a good picture to use instead. 52c76ec7-6776-4125-a869-8a2143429070
  8. Can you help me.Do you block account for changing DNS?. And I bought a console in Japan but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you help me.Do you block account for changing DNS?. And I bought a console in Japan but...: Hi, I would like to ask, I lived in Japan for a while and bought an xbox there and then returned home. And when I turned on my xbox, I got error 0x80a40401 and my region is set to Japan and I’m...
  9. Minecraft - console change from Xbox one to Xbox S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft - console change from Xbox one to Xbox S: Hi I changed my old Xbox one console for an Xbox series S. I was allowed to reinstall all of the games I had bought before but Minecraft. It is not showing up on the previously bought games list...
  10. How do I change my internet settings while my console is in offline mode due to an update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change my internet settings while my console is in offline mode due to an update?: So I had connected my xbox to my Hotspot since our internet wasn't working, & didn't change it back before I went to go do something, 8 hours later I come back to find my console is updating but...