How to buy Minecraft bedrock as a gift from Philippines to EU? Is it Region Locked?

Discus and support How to buy Minecraft bedrock as a gift from Philippines to EU? Is it Region Locked? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently bought Minecraft bedrock for PC for myself and want to gift my boyfriend a copy as well but he lives in Serbia. I tried buying it as a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CrimsonCosmos, Oct 8, 2022.

1. How to buy Minecraft bedrock as a gift from Philippines to EU? Is it Region Locked?

I have recently bought Minecraft bedrock for PC for myself and want to gift my boyfriend a copy as well but he lives in Serbia. I tried buying it as a gift through Xbox store but when I added my card info and everything, I got a message to contact Microsoft support. I don't know why it didn't go through, it didn't state if my card was blocked, plus my card has enough credits in it too. Is Minecraft region locked?

:)

CrimsonCosmos, Oct 8, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

How to buy Minecraft bedrock as a gift from Philippines to EU? Is it Region Locked?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that it’s region locked. You can only gift an item for a player/account that is on the same region as yours.
  3. CrimsonCosmos Win User

Hi, thank you for reaching out and I also hope you're doing great on your side too. Now that I confirmed my hunch that it's region locked, is there any alternative to somehow allow my bf to buy the game himself? I mean, is there a similar way, like in steam, where I can gift credits for him to use and make purchase? I hope that it isn't region locked as well.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Or you can buy a code from a local etailer in his region

Btw Serbia isn't a Xbox live region so it will have to be steam

You can look up third party websites but as francia mentioned we can't help with 3rd party sites.

Dont forget though if it is too good to be true don't do it when it comes to third party site and read the description of the key some sites sell account access not codes for cheap

Don't do it As it can be reclaimed by the owner at anytime and it's unlikely it would've been the original owner that sold it

They tend to be stolen accounts

This includes eBay or g2 games etc
  5. Francia J. Win User

You're welcome and thank you so much for your kind understanding.

In regards to that, I have checked Steam support and according to them: "Gifts purchased in certain regions can be redeemed only in those regions. When you purchase a gift you will be notified at checkout of any restrictions that will be placed on the gift."

However, this is in regards to the game itself, with the Steam wallet gift card I can't seem to locate any information because it will depend on them. For your reference, you can check this link: https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/58D3...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  6. SylpiAndSohee Win User

Philippines MS Live account unable to Import Dance Central 1 to Dance Central 3, solution requested.

If I understand region lock correctly, the CD will not work if its not for my region. The game is playable, both DC1 and DC3, the problem only comes when trying to import DC1 into DC3. Doesn't sound like a region lock problem to me. The problem is that
    if I'm using Philippines MS Live account, I can't access Buy More songs feature in order to import the CD. I need a solution on how I can access the Buy More Songs feature while using my Philippines MS Live account. No bs about region lock thing because
    both CD works and both CD was bought on a reputable legal store in the Philippines (Toys 'R Us).
Thema:

1. How to buy Minecraft bedrock as a gift from Philippines to EU? Is it Region Locked? - Similar Threads - buy Minecraft bedrock

2. Hi I brought Minecraft java and bedrock long time ago but today i check and it said "Buy Now"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I brought Minecraft java and bedrock long time ago but today i check and it said "Buy Now": So i brought the Minecraft java and bedrock on November 7, 2023 at minecraft.net i play it until today so idk what going on i need help 986f3508-0a08-4ef5-b08f-bd72668b84ce
  3. Minecraft Launcher asking me to buy Minecraft Bedrock even though I already own it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Launcher asking me to buy Minecraft Bedrock even though I already own it.: I have the official Minecraft launcher on my windows 10 PC. I am logged into my microsoft account. However it says: "Buy Now" when trying to open the Bedrock Edition of minecraft. I can verify...
  4. If I buy the Minecraft Java & Bedrock Edition, will I need to buy Minecraft for Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy the Minecraft Java & Bedrock Edition, will I need to buy Minecraft for Xbox...: I currently have a PC Game Pass. I'd like to give it up and buy Minecraft Java & Bedrock Edition. Would I have to buy Minecraft on Xbox Series X|S separately then?...
  5. i buy Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Deluxe Collection for my son as a gift but my son...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i buy Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Deluxe Collection for my son as a gift but my son...: When redeem show message (Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred. The error has been recorded and we will investigate. Please try to redeem your code later.) (TokenDescriptionGet-Unreachable...
  6. Minecraft tells me to buy it again when I bought Java and Bedrock edition a few months ago

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft tells me to buy it again when I bought Java and Bedrock edition a few months ago: Hello, I am logged on my Xbox account on Minecraft launcher all the time, where I had bought the Java and Bedrock edition but after the latest update I am unable to access the game. No, I didn't...
  7. minecraft bedrock asks me to buy it when I already had it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft bedrock asks me to buy it when I already had it: It is assumed that when you gave the Minecraft Bedrock for having Java, I had Java, you gave me Bedrock, well months later I am on another PC, and I log in to my Microsoft account in the Minecraft...
  8. I bought Minecraft Bedrock in 2019, and now it says "buy now" when I open the launcher.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft Bedrock in 2019, and now it says "buy now" when I open the launcher.: I bought minecraft in 2019, from the Microsoft store and I have played it until recently when they started their migration and "If you have one, you get the other". I never received Java, and it...
  9. i purchased minecraft java bedrock edition on an old pc. Do i have to buy it again on my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i purchased minecraft java bedrock edition on an old pc. Do i have to buy it again on my...: I have a microsoft login in that i have logged into my new pc but, i haven't got my old games. How do i login into minecraft that i have already purchased? 2e74ef42-1aa0-499f-9c69-a78fca06982f
  10. Are you able to use an Xbox Gift Card to buy Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Deluxe...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are you able to use an Xbox Gift Card to buy Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Deluxe...: Like the title says, I'd like to buy Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Deluxe Collection... am I able to purchase it using an Xbox gift card ? 29768152-510c-4529-b0a6-2c1e2e8c8949