How to appeal a console ban if you have zero strikes ?

Discus and support How to appeal a console ban if you have zero strikes ? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi everyone, My question is simple and ... Somewhat complicated I guess ? At the same time. I recently bought a used xbox series X console on facebook... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by guillaume hebert1, Nov 1, 2023.

1. How to appeal a console ban if you have zero strikes ?

Hi everyone,

My question is simple and ... Somewhat complicated I guess ? At the same time. I recently bought a used xbox series X console on facebook marketplace only to discover (after almost a day of updates for Forza Motorsport and system update) that the console was banned. Now, since I got the console on facebook marketplace the seller disappeared. From my online finding, I understand that I have to lodge a case review / appeal within the Enforcment team via the online form on xbox support forum. However and here the caveat, since my xbox live profile have zero strikes (and of course zero ban / suspension) the option "submit a appeal" is greyed out. I have checked with support but to no avail, they have limited to non-existent contact with the enforcement team. Therefore and since, because of my good conduct, I can't lodge a case review via the form for my console. Is there a way around this problem or I am stuck with a perfectly good (albeit banned) doorstopper / e-waste / brick ?

Thanks

:)

guillaume hebert1, Nov 1, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

You should contact facebook marketplace abiut any guarantees they have on purchases

I'm not familiar with their rules but Ebay or Amazon would likely have covered it
  3. guillaume hebert1 Win User

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply to my question. I don't know what did the previous owner but I guess the "time fit the crime". Altought I understand the need to police and protect xbox live from illicit / malicious activities, a non reversible ban, specially when the new owner have a perfect record and newer games need to be connected at all time (like Forza Motorsport and Starfield) versus older games when live was a extra seems harsh. Still, thanks for you time and your quick reply.
  4. Smwutches Win User

It's not possible to appeal a console ban. Console bans cannot be reversed.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

How can someone get totally banned with only 3 strikes and I never received an email. My console now has an error, cant get on at all

you can be permanently banned with zero previous strikes depending on the severity of the offense

No one who is here or at support works for enforcement or can answer these questions, the only way to contact enforcement is through the appeal process, and you will usually just get a yes or a no
  6. ngocphi Win User

I believe the Enforcement team should browse the Xbox forums or have their own forums.

You may not bug them multiple times for the same thing

And no they never get into the specifics on how they caught you or who reported you

One appeal that sit

And that is the most you get from gaming consoles and services

I dunno what dream world you live in

Sony and Nintendo have a one strike you are out policy with NO APPEAL

Multiple strikes you get a perm vacation or in the case of Nintendo if they don't like your storage card one instant ban permanent toi
Thema:

1. How to appeal a console ban if you have zero strikes ? - Similar Threads - appeal console ban

2. No appeal button, XBOX ban.. how does this make sense?

in XBoX on Windows
    No appeal button, XBOX ban.. how does this make sense?: please help someone, there is no appeal button, no option anywhere. no contact email or phone number. I have been suspended for 48 hours for posting this in LFG "FLASH SALE, Maps 25©aps each,...
  3. How do I get a case review and appeal a suspension for doing nothing wrong?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get a case review and appeal a suspension for doing nothing wrong?: I posted a group post for the game warframe stating "Wts wisp prime for 120" and others was doing the same yet i was reported for it and suspended. I'm not even sure why i was reported or anything...
  4. Console blocking xbox appeal 0x80a40020

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console blocking xbox appeal 0x80a40020: ERROR 0x80a40020 Why is the Xbox console banned? There are rules that contradict themselves. What does it mean not to buy in other regions? where can I buy if my region is not available on Xbox?...
  5. How to appeal my console is banned for no reason?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to appeal my console is banned for no reason?: How to appeal my console is banned for no reason, i don't know what I've done why my console is banned? I checked my account there's no active suspensions. 029d44c6-f23e-4ba7-a15d-c03a66f29f17
  6. I appealed my communications suspension but I'm still suspended

in XBoX on Windows
    I appealed my communications suspension but I'm still suspended: I appealed my communications suspension but 3 days after it got approved it still says my communications are suspended a67c11c6-37c9-47e8-9237-52bc673b18b9
  7. Why can I not appeal on a false report?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can I not appeal on a false report?: So my Xbox account was suspended for violating community standards however I have reviewed the community standards and have in fact not violated the standards at all but, Microsoft does not give...
  8. How can I appeal a wrongful suspension?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I appeal a wrongful suspension?: This was obviously reported by a troll. C= caps scrip= in game item. This was for fallout 76 where I sell weapons and armor in my vendor for caps that people use for selling to the legendary...
  9. How to get unbanned while being ineligible for an appeal?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to get unbanned while being ineligible for an appeal?: I’m really annoyed at the fact that I was banned for a post in which it literally said “subaru wrx 2,000,000 bid” ON FORZA 4 in which I was selling the car for a 2 million bid it’s ridiculous I...
  10. You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....: I have proof in screenshots. But you refuse to be contacted. Unban me and make this up to me now please. 33b8b51c-a2ad-45da-84ce-3ec8b8555ed7