How to allow my son to have a friend invite him to play Minecraft with him as a "friend"...

Discus and support How to allow my son to have a friend invite him to play Minecraft with him as a "friend"... in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hi, my son plays Minecraft pocket edition by himself on his phone, but a friend of him (in real life) invited him to join his world as a "friend." I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Mary_Anne T, May 18, 2020.

1. Mary_Anne T
    Mary_Anne T Guest

How to allow my son to have a friend invite him to play Minecraft with him as a "friend"...

Hi, my son plays Minecraft pocket edition by himself on his phone, but a friend of him (in real life) invited him to join his world as a "friend." I went through the Xbox controls and now he can have a friend. But this also allowed him to access what it
    seem to be public servers, which I don't want him to have access to. What is the best safety and privacy settings to have if we want him to be able to be able to be invited by and connect with his friends, but not have access to other servers?

Please let me know.

Thank you!

:)

Mary_Anne T, May 18, 2020
  2. Mary_Anne T Win User

How to allow my son to have a friend invite him to play Minecraft with him as a "friend" but not allow him to access servers?

Hi, thank you for your response. I had set some items to "Allow" in Xbox settings for my son based on other Q&As that explained how to allow multiple player. It seems like when I set about 4 of those that these articles told me to "Allow" it showed the
    public servers. When I set it to allow just friends, it allowed friends but said that he could not access servers due to account settings. When I set to allow just friends and multiplayer, it seemed to allow servers but did not show any of these pre-made
    public servers but he had to enter information on the server that he wants to access. So this may be a good place. Thank you.
  3. FlashSpirit3 Win User

How to allow my son to have a friend invite him to play Minecraft with him as a "friend" but not allow him to access servers?

4. Mary_Anne T Win User

Oops, I thought above solved the problem. However, when I went back to my son's Minecraft later, I was still able to see a list of public servers for him to access. So having friends and multiplayer allowed does give access to public servers. Please
    show me a solution to this. Thank you!
  5. Airyrose666 Win User

Joining Xbox Minecraft realm from PC

you should be able to see it thru the xbox companion app. that's how my friend does it when I invite him to play minecraft with me
  6. SlantingSnow911 Win User

looking for my son some minecraft friends

My son is also 7. And is looking for friends to play this wonderful game minecraft with! He doesn't have a headset. Tell your son to add him.
Thema:

1. How to allow my son to have a friend invite him to play Minecraft with him as a "friend"... - Similar Threads - allow son friend

2. how can I allow my son to sign in to his Xbox without using my Gmail account password. Is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    how can I allow my son to sign in to his Xbox without using my Gmail account password. Is...: is there a temporary code or passcode that can be used on my son's Xbox for him to sign into it versus using my Gmail and my password I prefer not to give my son my password to my Gmail account...
  3. MS is asking for my permission to allow my son access to XBOX.

in XBoX Accessibility
    MS is asking for my permission to allow my son access to XBOX.: MS is asking for my permission to allow my son access to XBOX. I receive an email and click allow which directs me to family settings. He still doesn't have permission so I then click on Family...
  4. I am trting to load fortnite on my sons x box 1x. It keeps.asking for an email to allow...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am trting to load fortnite on my sons x box 1x. It keeps.asking for an email to allow...: Never had this issue before. Trying to load fortnite. Asks for a parental email to allow certain features. Wont recpgnose.any email account including the 1 linked to my sons x box. Tried 2...
  5. How can I get minecraft on Xbox one to allow my son to interact with his friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I get minecraft on Xbox one to allow my son to interact with his friends: ,My son can play with friends on fortnite. On Xbox one. I got him minecraft and we cannot figure out how to allow him to play it with one of his fortnite friends. I tried to get him the ultimate...
  6. I purchased a Forza horizon add on for my son by clicking "Allow" in the MS Family safety...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I purchased a Forza horizon add on for my son by clicking "Allow" in the MS Family safety...: Hi, when my son wants to buy a game he needs to send me a request and I get an email from MS Family safety if I allow him. He wanted to buy a Forza Horizon add on so I clicked on the green Allow...
  7. I bought minecraft for my son. But it doesn't allow multiplayer.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought minecraft for my son. But it doesn't allow multiplayer.: I changed the privacy settings in the http://account.xbox.com to allow multiplayer also his date of birth is 1997 so that shouldn't be a problem. what else is there?...
  8. My son wants to play fortnight but i need to change the settings to allow multiplayer but u...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son wants to play fortnight but i need to change the settings to allow multiplayer but u...: Hello how do you allow a child to play multiplayer on fortnight i keed to change the family settings but i cant get it to work c18da1cf-5724-4856-952d-dc13fa562e2e
  9. Can I allow my son who is 12 to play multiplayer minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I allow my son who is 12 to play multiplayer minecraft?: After migrating his account he had been unable to play minecraft multiplayer. Does he have to wait till he is 13 or can I change it? 7ade1869-d564-4062-a441-44867028f232
  10. how to change the security to allow son to hear other gamers

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change the security to allow son to hear other gamers: How do I change the security settings for my son to be able to hear other gamer on the xbox one. I have an account as a parent and he has an account as a child 06342e16-51fe-4dcc-a887-0ef8ac95e88e