how to add child to xbox live without a console so that minecraft realms work?

Discus and support how to add child to xbox live without a console so that minecraft realms work? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We're trying to use Minecraft PE to connect to a realm. The child account was created from Minecraft PE on iOS, the account appears under the parent... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AglitterBook933, Nov 12, 2016.

1. how to add child to xbox live without a console so that minecraft realms work?

We're trying to use Minecraft PE to connect to a realm. The child account was created from Minecraft PE on iOS, the account appears under the parent Microsoft account family, but does not appear under the Parent Xbox Live family.

The child was successfully invited to a realm created by the parent, but when the child tries to connect, gets the message "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Xbox Live account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy & online safety settings
    on Xbox.com".

However, the child can't change those settings, the parent needs to, but the parent can only change them from the Xbox account view (where, in this case, the child does not show up).

We do not have an Xbox console. We just want to play MInecraft with family and friends on a realm.

Microsoft support says there's no way to add the child without an Xbox console. I wonder why Minecraft PE walked us through creating a child account in the first place?

:)

AglitterBook933, Nov 12, 2016
  2. RegalEnte90
    RegalEnte90 Guest
    Child Account does not appear in Xbox Live Security Settings on Xbox Live Webpage

Hi,

I am struggling with the security settings for the Xbox Live Account of my little brother. We would like to play Minecraft Pocket Edition on my Realm online.

But, he can not access the realm because of some parental control setting.

I followed the instructions on the help page. His account is added to mine as a child account. Unfortunately, I can not access his Xbox Live Settings.

What can I do to permit him to use Minecraft PE Realms?

We do not own a Xbox 360 or a Xbox One.

Best regards,

He Do

RegalEnte90, Nov 12, 2016
  3. XBF Jeremy Z
    XBF Jeremy Z Guest
    I can't join Minecraft Realms

Hello TheTrueCubic,

Try this link here!
    Minecraft Realms

This link here will show you "How to invite other players to your Realm" ,"How to subscribe to Minecraft Realms" and "How to join other players in a Realm".

Please let me know if that helps.

Thank you!

XBF Jeremy Z, Nov 12, 2016
  4. BigWag 13
    BigWag 13 Guest

On a side note, my daughter does show up and none of the settings (to include setting her as an adult) allow her to connect to her realms.

BigWag 13, Aug 27, 2017
  5. BigWag 13 Win User

On a side note, my daughter does show up and none of the settings (to include setting her as an adult) allow her to connect to her realms.
  6. pasqualeeno Win User

Minecraft unable yo add friends because of how Microsoft account is set up

7. Redshirt1701 Win User

Minecraft Live on Xbox one and Windows 10 - Child accounts can't join realm

OK, I took another crack at it tonight and this worked for me. If you try it, please reply to let people know if it worked for you.

I stopped trying in https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Settings I moved to working in the console exclusively

In the console,

• I went into my Minecraft realm and sent an invitation to my child's account
    • I exited Minecraft
    • I made sure my child's account was signed out
    • I logged into my xbox one with my account and went to settings --> Account --> Family --> Child's settings
    • In the Account <child gamer Tag>'s privacy and online safety settings
    • I went into privacy & online safety --> Xbox Live Privacy --> and changed it to Adult Defaults "More Social" & selected swich
    • I went back 2 screens and went to Access to Content and then changed it to appropriate for ages up to 17
    I left myself signed in and then signed in my child's account

From my child's account I went into Minecraft over to friends tab and accepted the invite and then logged into the realm, letting it load backup

Success!!!

OK, now to lock things back down

I quit out of minecraft

Signed off of my child's account

Went back into the child's settings:

Set the xbox privacy to Child defaults and hit switch

I then went view details and customize --> . communications & Multiplayer & Set allow for "you can join multiplayer games"

And then backed out of the profile.

To test:

I kept my account logged in

Signed into my child's account

Loaded mine craft and joined the realm

And it worked!

Also, my son who also plays on a windows 10 computer can get in as well.

Caveat - I hope this makes sense

We have 4 xboxes & 4 users in the house (excessive I know). 2 users have xbox gold accounts. When either of the two users without gold accounts login (without someone with a gold account already logged in) , they can get to Minecraft but not into the realm.
    So, looks like you need an xbox gold account to use minecraft realms.

I hope this helps someone else. I conquered the error, but need to buy two more xbox gold accounts if I want all 4 people to be able to log into their own xbox and play in the realm. sigh.
  8. CamicaziBoss Win User

Can someone please answer a Minecraft Realms question?

Hey there! You're going to need to verify which version of Minecraft you have. There are two on the Xbox One that you could have.

Minecraft: Xbox One Edition is no longer supported. It's playable, but it can't be found in the Store and does not receive updates. This version of the game does not have Realms access.

Minecraft/Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition/Minecraft: Bedrock Edition (All just different names for the same game) is the version with Realms that are cross-compatible.

Java version (only available on PC) is not compatible with Xbox.

If your child's friend has the Realm set up on the correct version of Minecraft, you just need a Gold Subscription. Realm hosts pay the monthly fee to keep the Realm online. The friend will need to invite your friend/add them as a Realm member from their
    Xbox or PC, then your child will receive a little envelope thing on their Minecraft menu. That is the Realm invitation. Once that's accepted, they should be able to join the Realm.
  9. Killing Skids Win User

Minecraft Multiplayer

Hello,

Im ,

Please Follow These Steps :

To invite your Xbox friends to join you in a Minecraft game, select the Play button on the main menu in Minecraft, select Members, and then select the Invite button next to your friend’s name. To invite Xbox friends to play in Microsoft Realms, see Minecraft Realms and Realms Plus page.

If you need to add someone as an Xbox friend so you can invite them to play, see How to add new Xbox friends.
Thema:

1. how to add child to xbox live without a console so that minecraft realms work? - Similar Threads - add child live

2. Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...: My son is playing Mine Craft on his PC. He's attempting to add friends, but it's saying 'the parent needs to go to Family Safety to enable him to add friends.' I've gone to Microsoft's Family...
  3. Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX: Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX When my son try to buy the xbox will say it will need to send the parent request to approve that (Me) than i get the...
  4. child's account connecting Xbox profile with Xbox live account to add friends for my child...

in XBoX on Consoles
    child's account connecting Xbox profile with Xbox live account to add friends for my child...: Hello, Over the past few weeks I've spent several days trying to figure this out. Using Minecraft on a Switch. Wanted to allow my son to play with friends. My understanding is that if friends...
  5. How do i add my child to my xbox live gold account? He has xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i add my child to my xbox live gold account? He has xbox one s: How do i add my child to my xbox live gold account? He has xbox one s 0d00e799-6db1-4beb-bcc1-eb9a5f6943f2
  6. Xbox Live Child Account Cannot Add Friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Child Account Cannot Add Friends: Hi My son has a Child Account on our Xbox One. He has been able to add friends in the past but for the last two weeks has been unable to add any either on the Xbox itself or on Xbox.com. The...
  7. Can't Add Child to Xbox Live Gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Add Child to Xbox Live Gold: I've searched forums and spent hours on this issue but still cannot figure it out. I have subscribed to Xbox Live Gold under my Microsoft account and can see it activated on the Xbox 360. I have...
  8. Cannot add child to XBox Live.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot add child to XBox Live.: Cannot add child to XBox Live. They already have an offline profile and gamer tag but will not allow me to update it to XBox Live. This worked okay for older child on 22 Jan but does not work...
  9. Dumb question....I'm new to the xbox live for 360 and want to add a child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dumb question....I'm new to the xbox live for 360 and want to add a child account: I can't find any directions or FAQ's on actually how to do this. Any step by step instructions are appreciated. 7e013b84-1b6d-4c49-b1fc-fe697faa5063
  10. Need to add child to XBOX Live account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to add child to XBOX Live account.: Ive deleted my son off of the family and every time he trys to add him back it says xbox live sign up is not available 7bf242b8-9cdf-4f18-bdf8-8532508ed18d