how to access wondows media player on 360

Discus and support how to access wondows media player on 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hos do i connext to windows media player on a 360 4fea8aae-72b7-4ab9-a42d-ae863dbd6086 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jared vance, Jul 3, 2023.

1. jared vance
    jared vance Guest

hos do i connext to windows media player on a 360

:)

jared vance, Jul 3, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community.

I will be glad to help you.

If you are referring to the use of Windows Media Center, unfortunately this application is no longer available or working on Xbox 360 since 7 years ago, you can find more information about it in this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/wi...

Best Regards.
  3. jared vance Win User

sorry for typo how do i connect to windows media player
  4. ArminatorX Win User

how do i set up windows media center so i can connect my xbox 360 to my windows 10 pc

While you can't use Media Center with Windows 10 (as Windows 10 doesn't have Media Center anymore), you can still stream music, videos and pictures to your Xbox 360 via DLNA.

To set that up, start the Windows Media Player on your Windows 10 PC, and make sure the Media Player has access to your media files. Usually, Media Player looks for that under "Users\[YOUR USERNAME HERE]\[Pictures | Music | Videos]"

If you use different folders or drives for your media library, you need to add those folders and drives to the Media Player's library.

If your media shows up in the Media Player window, you need to turn on Media Sharing on the Windows 10 PC.

Open the start menu, and type "Control" to find the Control Panel.

In the Control Panel, type in the upper right corner "Media"

Under "Network and Sharing Center" should be a link to the "Media Streaming Options".

If necessary, enable Media Streaming and make sure your Xbox 360 is running.

You should then see the Xbox 360 in the list of available devices. Allow the Xbox 360 to access your PC's Media Library.

Now, on your Xbox 360, start the Music Player, Photo Viewer or Video player, and as source choose your PC from the list.

You should then see the media that your PC shares to your local network.
  5. GeoGeer Win User

Streaming

6. JeroenBoom Win User

connecting to media center

Hey there Dopier,

Seems you have no access to your media player for streaming your movies music and images. Even with some add-ons its indeed a possibility to watch those on your TV.

Here is some info how to setup your PC with your Xbox 360.

-
    support.xbox.com/.../media

And after that, you have to fill in that code into your media center on your PC.
Thema:

1. how to access wondows media player on 360 - Similar Threads - access wondows media

2. GameStop digital preorder how do I get access to it?

in XboX Insiders
    GameStop digital preorder how do I get access to it?: I preordered a digital game today at GameStop. I tried to figure out how the whole process of getting access to it works while at the store, but I left still confused. How does a digital pre order...
  3. Why can’t I access Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I access Xbox at all?: My sister has a Microsoft account and can log into Minecraft just fine, but when I try to access anything else Xbox related it just signs me out. I know this isn’t an internet issue because I...
  4. Is there anyway I can gain access to my old xbox account. I know the email, just no longer...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway I can gain access to my old xbox account. I know the email, just no longer...: Am i able to gain control of my old xbox account, if I know the username and email it was linked to. Even though I don’t have access to that email anymore. dd2e857c-3391-4d7c-b372-25a046952f5c
  5. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  6. how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore: I have not really cared about this account for a long time until now but I have been trying for hours on the recovery account I have the email if you want to find out the information but since it...
  7. How do I cancel this subscription/Gain access to this account again.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I cancel this subscription/Gain access to this account again.: It has been 3 days of trying to call Xbox or email to which none of these methods have worked. For it being a 3 trillion dollar company you'd really expect better with support and not...
  8. One email, Two Xbox Accounts. Can I Access Both?

in XBoX on Consoles
    One email, Two Xbox Accounts. Can I Access Both?: So this is something that’s given me issues in the past and I’ve been having troubles with it now that I’ve upgraded to an Xbox Series X. On my Xbox One, I had 2 profiles under the same email and...
  9. How do I access my Xbox live captures from my Windows 10 PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I access my Xbox live captures from my Windows 10 PC?: How can I access my captures? The console companion app is no longer supported as of 2024. The Xbox App does not show my xbox live captures anywhere, By what method can I view my content? Can...
  10. Why wont my Dolby access update

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my Dolby access update: Hello. So whenever I try and update my dolby access app it will install the 2.54 MB but when finished it will say installation stopped and will repeatedly do this I have restarted my Xbox S hard...