How stable is Omega compared to Beta on the Series X?

Discus and support How stable is Omega compared to Beta on the Series X? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've been in the Beta ring for years on the One X, and kept it on when I got my Series X at launch. Never really had any issues. However, it's been a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/oStarforsaken, May 27, 2021.

1. How stable is Omega compared to Beta on the Series X?

I've been in the Beta ring for years on the One X, and kept it on when I got my Series X at launch. Never really had any issues.

However, it's been a nightmare for the past month or so. Twice I had updates stuck at 87-89% with the console in an error loop until I reformatted to factory settings. Also had to reformat a third time because the Events (beta) and Store apps would never finish installing, even though I had more than enough free space. Also had constant issues with some game tiles and options being in French while everything else was in English, even after multiple restarts and reselecting English in the language settings.

I lost tons of files doing those resets. Had retroarch and other stuff that got completely wiped out even though it wasn't supposed to be removing games and apps.

Tonight, I just had enough and moved to the Omega ring. I was hoping I wouldn't have to reformat AGAIN but I guess my Xbox really insists that the "Settings" app has to be my most played "Game" for the month....

Anyway, I was wondering if Omega really is more stable than Beta in your experience? I don't have the patience to deal with those issues again next month. I understand that it's still a new console generation and that things are more likely to break, but if Omega is also kind of a mess, maybe I'll go back to the retail firmware for a while.

Also, it didn't look like I could move back to Beta from what I've seen in the Insiders Hub. Is this normal?

Thanks for your time and replies guys How stable is Omega compared to Beta on the Series X? :)

submitted by /u/oStarforsaken
    [link] [comments]

/u/oStarforsaken, May 27, 2021
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

How stable is Omega compared to Beta on the Series X?