How screwed am I? Replaced dead HDD in my XBox One X and now the OSU1 update fails because...

Discus and support How screwed am I? Replaced dead HDD in my XBox One X and now the OSU1 update fails because... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Title briefly describes situation. HDD failed (second time, thanks to these garbage XB1X issues) but this time I had since opted into the insider... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/RickDripps, Nov 17, 2019.

1. How screwed am I? Replaced dead HDD in my XBox One X and now the OSU1 update fails because...

Title briefly describes situation. HDD failed (second time, thanks to these garbage XB1X issues) but this time I had since opted into the insider updates so now the USB update/reload fails.

Console has been out of warranty (for both HDD failures) so I had to do it myself. First time it worked flawlessly for about four months until a new HDD failure again but now I can't get past loading the new OS from the USB drive. I just get the E102 error every single time it tries.

Do I have any options or is my console basically a brick now because of this crash/preview debacle?

submitted by /u/RickDripps
    [link] [comments]

/u/RickDripps, Nov 17, 2019
  2. Lord_Tizzle Win User

Crazy Xbox

yeah the support guy told me to go to connect . Microsoft. but that is no help. i think at this point i am just S.O.L. which is crap. cause my machine was working fine til this update. now because of that i am screwed. my xbox did not break or fail. i was
    given bad code from Microsoft. so now i gotta pay to fix or replace it. does that seem fair to anybody.
  3. Speedster996 Win User

What if I never download system updates?

Just to add: MS should clearly mention what version of the system update the current OSU1 files correspond to.

OSU1 is for Xbox One-X, am I right?
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

xBox issue after the latest update 10.0.22621.4480 (xb_flt_2305ni.230503-1400)

Thank you very much for helping me in finding a solution.

Consider that the update has been done automatically during the night so it could be that I had some issues with the power supply or network stability.

Anyway, in the morning I had the update completed properly but with the slowness issue, but I repeated the update several times offline (OSU1) without any wired ethernet cable connected.

I am not sure that is a hardware problem as before the automatic update, the xBox One S was working well. Anyway, can I speculate that the update was not completed properly and some sector of HDD has been corrupted and I need to wipe (completely) the File System or replace a new HDD?

Considering that I am not anymore under the warranty period, so I could try to replace (or wipe completely) the HDD.

What do you think?
    Did you Factory reset (wipe HDD) before attempting the OSU1?
  5. isom mallory Win User

Xbox one x there is a problem with the update

My Xbox One X has been stuck in the update loop for 2 days now. I have reset the console and all of my network equipment and nothing works. I am getting an error when I attempt to download the OSU1 file from the website.
  6. Speedster996 Win User

Can't update xbox one-x console

Well then, what do I need to do to get the monthly updates then? because I can't get them the normal way due the internal HDD going bad.

Isn't there a way to completely format and erase date on the internal HDD so that the corrupt OS files and/or potential bad sector issues get resolved as well?

As I said I can't update normally and the OSU1 file is the only way for me to update my console. It just takes forever to install anything on the internal HDD after the factory reset and OSU1 offline update, including MS Store, xbox avatar editor and so
    on.

The console is a Jan 2018 build which I picked up from someone (brand new/packed) in April 2019 so out of warranty. Can't I just have the internal HDD replaced?
Thema:

How screwed am I? Replaced dead HDD in my XBox One X and now the OSU1 update fails because...

1. How screwed am I? Replaced dead HDD in my XBox One X and now the OSU1 update fails because... - Similar Threads - screwed Replaced dead

2. After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...: cleaning out my Xbox and I forgot to screw back in 2 nails. I should be fine with just 6 holding it in place right? 821dfc9d-ef83-4f2c-b71e-f12bd13f4a36
  3. Loose screw in my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loose screw in my controller: Hi I recently got a new xbox seires x controller, i could hear something rattling round inside the body of the controller so I took off one of the side grip covers to see a loose screw sitting...
  4. My xbox is screwed, please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox is screwed, please help: So today when i got home i was expecting a game to be downloaded which i started downlaoding from the app. Now i get home to see my xbox on but my tv says no signal. I used a new hdmi cable,...
  5. I need to know how to log into my xbox account because i screwed it up.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to know how to log into my xbox account because i screwed it up.: i recently changed the microsoft of my account to another email and removed that alias, the thing is the email i changed it to was part of another account which i removed the alias from and...
  6. Am I screwed?

in XBoX on Windows
    Am I screwed?: My xbox controller literally will not pair to my series x no matter what i do. i’ve tried everything from usb cords to unplugging it for a few minutes and nothings working. I’ve tried 4 different...
  7. Does anyone know the type of screw used on the power switch board in the xbox one and one s

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know the type of screw used on the power switch board in the xbox one and one s: I lost a few of those screws from my xbox one s and I wanted to know what kind of screws are these e2558d74-8608-40a7-8381-6e8a90347760
  8. Xbox Series X - Loose screw

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Loose screw: Yesterday i unboxed my brand new Xbox Series X after months of waiting as it was so hard to find but to my disappointment, when i unboxed it, i heard a rattling sound which was loud as if some...
  9. Screw fell while unboxing Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screw fell while unboxing Series X: Hi everyone, I just bought a Series X last week and today I've got the chance to unbox it and set it up. But while opening the wrapping around the console, I've heard some rattling and a long...
  10. Loose screw in system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loose screw in system: One of the screws that holds the back panel in place slipped out of my fingers and fell through the vents by the disc drive while I was cleaning the console. I can hear it rattle when I shake the...