How on earth do I enable mods on Halo MCC PC? ModifiableWindowsApps folder is empty!

Discus and support How on earth do I enable mods on Halo MCC PC? ModifiableWindowsApps folder is empty! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Everywhere I go online to find an explanation for how to enable mods just says to find the ModifiableWindowsApps folder and says I should see the Halo... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jai 123, Sep 14, 2023.

1. jai 123
    jai 123 Guest

How on earth do I enable mods on Halo MCC PC? ModifiableWindowsApps folder is empty!

Everywhere I go online to find an explanation for how to enable mods just says to find the ModifiableWindowsApps folder and says I should see the Halo MCC game files inside it.

My ModifiableWindowsApps folder is completely 100% empty. Nothing inside it. How am I supposed to install mods if there's no game files to install them to?

A few places say to go into the Xbox app, click the 3 dots on the game page to "enable mods" but there is no option of any kind for me. When I click on those 3 dots the only options I have are Share, Manage and Uninstall Game.

I would appreciate some clarification on all this.

:)

jai 123, Sep 14, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello jai 123,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that is one of the reasons we advise you to contact the game support team for help. The support may be able to convey instructions from the game creator on how to enable mods in a game. We apologize if you find our message to be irrelevant, but we value the time and effort that each game creator puts into making games. So the support team's decision should be to enable mods to be implemented to their game.

Please submit a ticket through this link - Submit a ticket. (See guide: click here)

Regards,
  3. jai 123 Win User

The first link you gave only pertains to the Steam version of Halo MCC. It doesn't say much for Microsoft's platform when Microsoft themselves expect everyone to use the Steam version and have no idea how to support their own version.

The last link, the "guide" on how to enable mods, is literally just a description of what mods are in the vaguest terms. No actual explanation whatsoever of how to actually enable mods.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello jai 123,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to enable mods on game - Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Thanks for bringing your question to the forums. Our focus here is on helping with a wide variety of Xbox product and service-related issues. Most game-specific issues, like what you are describing here, need to be addressed by the developer or publisher through their sites. Let us help you get to the right place.

We have here a support article from the game where mod is being discussed and the use of it. Please read under Modding tools and previously unreleased content on this link: Halo: The Master Chief Collection (MCC) Update – July 2023 – Halo Support (halowaypoint.com). For the contents of the ModifiableWindowsApps folder, you might need to reach out to game support for assistance on how to use and add mods in your game. Please submit a ticket through this link: click here.

Learn more about modding precautions: Enable PC game mods | Xbox Support

As this is out of scope for us on the Xbox Forums, we are going to close the thread. If you still need assistance with an Xbox product or service, feel free to create a new thread. Thanks again for posting your question, and have a great day!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Keg504 Win User

Game pass games from previous windows install

Is ModifiableWindowsApps the folder I want? It contains the MCC, but not the other two games I installed before. If not, where can I find this hidden folder? I have one named WindowsApps in the root of the volume, but that is not hidden
  6. Georges C. Win User

Modding games downloaded via games pass

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Yet, not all Game Pass games allow Mods,

To see if a game is compatible with mods, launch the Xbox for Windows app on your PC, go to the game details page, and look for This game can be modified.

Enable PC game mods

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...

How to access the Mods folder

The mods folder can be accessed when you enable mods. It is necessary to add the mods you downloaded to this folder for them to work with your game. You can also remove mods from the folder (in some cases, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the game to remove a particular mod).

How to access the mods folder:

Launch the Xbox app, then go to the game details page.

Press the More actions button ... and choose Open mods folder.

Important points

Each game you enable will have its own folder mods. Mods will not work with your game if they are added to the incorrect folder.

Some games may have specific instructions on how to set up mods. Check the game developer's website to learn more.
Thema:

1. How on earth do I enable mods on Halo MCC PC? ModifiableWindowsApps folder is empty! - Similar Threads - earth enable mods

2. Oldies are the greatest teacher on this earth

in XboX Insiders
    Oldies are the greatest teacher on this earth: Having used microsoft since 1980 plus windows on 3 floppy disks, and keeping up with everything and at times anti microsoft, i have moved from xbox one with konnect to XBOX X, i am finding it...
  3. Is it possible that my friend from the another side of the Earth join my realm server?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is it possible that my friend from the another side of the Earth join my realm server?: Hi, I am the server of the realm, but I am gonna fly to another country which is so far that I am not sure if my friend can still join my realm server. 1f5333ed-8c72-44b4-a3e0-380773584ab9
  4. Hello people of earth. from hi to hello

in XboX Insiders
    Hello people of earth. from hi to hello: Hello Earth... submitted by /u/PixelPioneer12 [link] [comments]
  5. Scorched Earth DLC on XBox One Not Working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Scorched Earth DLC on XBox One Not Working: Hi I've had The Ark survival evolved on my XBox One for a while. I downloaded a package from the Microsoft store in a sale which included all the DLC maps and skins etc with the game. The DLC...
  6. Middle earth on gamepass crash at startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Middle earth on gamepass crash at startup: "I figured out why the game is crashing. If I start the game without logging into my account, it works, but as soon as it asks me to log in, the game crashes." how i can fix this?...
  7. How do I download the Scorched Earth DLC for ARK on my PC since I own it on xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I download the Scorched Earth DLC for ARK on my PC since I own it on xbox?: I own the ARK: Survival Evolved DLC map "Scorched Earth" on Xbox, so I logged into my microsoft account on the microsoft store on pc to download the DLC on my pc, yet my pc does not recognize that...
  8. Microsoft Rewards Program Issue: Everyday is Earth Day cannot be completed.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Rewards Program Issue: Everyday is Earth Day cannot be completed.: Day 2 is preventing me from completing this 50 Points quest. It's true. This has caught a software virus preventing me from earning points from there. See for yourselves. You can't earn points...
  9. Viewing Google Earth on Microsoft Edge on Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Viewing Google Earth on Microsoft Edge on Xbox: As soon as I watch Google Earth on Microsoft Edge on xbox, the memory goes over. The same thing happens no matter how many times it is repeated. The same goes for satellite photos of Google Maps....
  10. Why on earth would anybody buy the rechargeable battery when it fails right after the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why on earth would anybody buy the rechargeable battery when it fails right after the...: PSA: do not buy their **** battery. Plenty of posts on here already it seems and here's another. Don't waste your money. Buy 3rd party from amazon or any where else, at least then you arent...