How much do devs and publishers make off new ($60) and price dropped ($20) games?

Discus and support How much do devs and publishers make off new ($60) and price dropped ($20) games? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If they can keep producing games and selling them new at $20, how much do they make off $60? c2bf0f2b-9481-414e-a3f3-d391c0e67103 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CODukes4, Jan 26, 2014.

1. CODukes4
    CODukes4 Guest

How much do devs and publishers make off new ($60) and price dropped ($20) games?

If they can keep producing games and selling them new at $20, how much do they make off $60?

:)

CODukes4, Jan 26, 2014
  2. How much is too much?

i'm actually tired of the standard price structure. i think publishers developers should charge what they think is a fair price for their game. i'm tired of seeing good studios go under because their game cost to much to make a profit of the standard 60$
    price.

and i'm also tired of seeing publishers devs rush games out unfinished because if they delay it any longer they wont make back their investment. and i'm tired of seeing sequel after sequel of the same game running on the same old game engine like call of
    duty because they want to make a profit under the current prices standard.

johnbubbles25, Jan 26, 2014
  3. A Simple Solution to the DRM/Used Game Situation

The devs need teirs of games which reflect their level in price. If yhey make a AAA title like CoD with a $100m budget that games worth $60 if they make a smaller game with smaller budget that's a $40 game etc. I like what ubi did with fallout 3 blood dragon,
    use existing game and re-work it into a stand alone title and sell for $15 it didn't cost much to make because the bulk of the game is a re-hash. Problem is publishers like EA do this already with perenial games, using old mechanics and slapping on a coat
    of paint does not a new game make. See the fifa fiasco for nintendo wii.

RemittingFire58, Jan 26, 2014
  4. How much do devs and publishers make off new ($60) and price dropped ($20) games?

Not a lot possibly less than 40% after the publisher and retail distribution takes there share

The Viral Cyrix, Jan 26, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: