How long should it take to get started ?

Discus and support How long should it take to get started ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It has taken me 3 calendar days, 9 clock hours, two chats and one phone call and I still don't have a game running. Forza has been downloading 20... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 132081461118, Dec 15, 2016.

1. 132081461118
    132081461118 Guest

It has taken me 3 calendar days, 9 clock hours, two chats and one phone call and I still don't have a game running. Forza has been downloading 20 minutes and its only 15%. I bought the console with the free Forza game because it looked cool on TV. But
    if I had any idea it would be this much trouble I would not have bothered. I have cancer. Playing an old driving game on HP ipad like device could sometimes distract me from the pain of the disease. Trying for two days just to connect to xbox live and another
    several hours to redeem the game code is like starting the cancer treatments all over again. Why do they make it so difficult ? Charge a few dollars more and include a disc. I know they are trying to get me to join as a Gold to get 10 bucks a month from me.
    It was so ridiculous yesterday that one of places they sent me to get started had "upsell" in the address line ! I have resisted going to Apple for 35 years. Now I have no choice. Mr. Softy will never see another dime from me.

17%....maybe I will be playing Forza before I die.

:)

132081461118, Dec 15, 2016
  2. How Long Does It take to get an answer

I was just wondering how long it takes to get an anwer from someone?

brendacollins1313, Dec 15, 2016
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    how long does it take to get answer

Official support hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PST. They typically respond to threads from oldest to newest so it can take a few days to receive a response. Because it is the holiday season, they do have extra days off, so they were not here on Friday.

Smwutches, Dec 15, 2016
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

Please be patient with the latest generation of consoles the total game size can easily be in excess of 50GB in size and this will take a while to download.

If possible connect the console to the Internet using an ethernet cable as this will help to get fastest possible connection.

gds1972, Dec 15, 2016
  5. Farscape247
    Farscape247 Guest
    even with the disc you would still need to install it and then download updates, forza is a large game and can take a while depending on the speed of your net connection.

Farscape247, Dec 21, 2016
  6. CHAD TPRUITT
    CHAD TPRUITT Guest
    If you have the disc, go offline and then install: it will upload the game from the disc itself which usually is faster. If you stay online for installation, the console tries to download from a server. As metioned every game has updates...just as big as
    the game itself at times. . Depending on how fast your download speed is, it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days.

CHAD TPRUITT, Dec 26, 2016
  7. I know -- xbox one is insane. I'm never buying anything from xbox ever again.

FineCypress35, Dec 26, 2016
  8. Killerkell99
    Killerkell99 Guest

it took me 2.5 days of frustration. A big reason I game on consoles was due to the plug and play aspect of the systems. After this initial two days, once I got to actually play a game i was happy. Coming from the 360 I am struggling with the interface. I
    am sure I will figure it out with some YouTube tutorials.

I received this as a gift and wasn't aware or prepared for the step change coming from the previous 360.

Killerkell99, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: