How long before MS Xbox team allows you to block a game from using Quick Resume?

Discus and support How long before MS Xbox team allows you to block a game from using Quick Resume? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; This "feature" needs to allow users to NOT use it. Quick Resume messes up every time I go to play Fortnite. I have to remember to turn off the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Michael Blasco, Sep 3, 2023.

1. How long before MS Xbox team allows you to block a game from using Quick Resume?

This "feature" needs to allow users to NOT use it. Quick Resume messes up every time I go to play Fortnite. I have to remember to turn off the "feature" each time when I finish playing so it won't mess up the session the next time.

WHY?

It should be trivial to stop a game from writing everything to memory. It should be trivial to allow users to block a game from using this feature.

:)

Michael Blasco, Sep 3, 2023
  2. Michael Blasco Win User

How long before MS Xbox team allows you to block a game from using Quick Resume?

I guess it's time to return this new Xbox and go back to my old one then. Annoying is putting it mildly.

They clearly didn't think, or test, this "feature" well if it breaks online playing games so easily.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Because the entire system is designed around it, disabling it is being looked into but it's not guaranteed

There is no timetable on it happening, if it does
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Quick resume

Hello, begsback. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

You can try to remove games from the quick resume feature. To not use quick resume when on standby:

- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

- Select System > Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.

- Under Quick resume, toggle the setting to Off.

To remove games from the quick resume:

- First, click on the Xbox button on your Controller, then “My games & apps”.

- You will locate the list of games that are currently used in the feature Quick Resume.

- Head to the game with the quick resume saved states that you are looking to remove.

- In the highlighted game on your controller hit the Menu button (a small button with the 3 horizontal lines icon) to open up the pop-up menu.

- Now in your pop-up menu, click on “Remove from Quick Resume”.

If you want to submit a feedback for the Xbox team to remove the quick resume feature or to have an option to complete turn it off, please use the Feedback Hub app. It is currently the best choice available for us players. Here on the community forum we are only users. We do not work for Xbox.

If you have any question, please let me know.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

a glitch that I have in the hunter call of the wild when entering a map

Hi, when you open the game in your Series X. The game starts from the quick resume / the quick resume feature is used?
    Or did you open the game from the start?
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Why after two years has nothing been done?

Hi,

While this maybe hardware/OS or even a game issue, you may want to visit the Xbox feedback/idea page over on Reddit. Or contact the developer of the game you're having issues with for further help. Perhaps in the future the team may allow this feature to be turned off system wide.

I would just like to point out that while you can't turn off quick resume at the moment, quitting a game before loading the next one shouldn't create a quick resume save point at the end of that play session. So next time you start that particular game it will load from fresh.
Thema:

1. How long before MS Xbox team allows you to block a game from using Quick Resume? - Similar Threads - long before team

2. my xbox takes so long to load things even though its series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox takes so long to load things even though its series s: i cant load fortnite as when i turn it on it gets stuck on connecting screen and when i go in game aftrer 45 minutes it gets stuck loading in and out of the game like what the heck is this........
  3. How long am I banned for

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long am I banned for: How long am I banned for because I didn't do anything my friend did 20dbd5aa-6081-4799-9b2a-f52b925e99c6
  4. Blocking Xbox X (0x80a40020) For multiple account creation and deletion for how long is the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blocking Xbox X (0x80a40020) For multiple account creation and deletion for how long is the...: Console serial number 090189223117 cc7b311d-94ae-4693-8739-bf4e1a02fcd5
  5. AA batteries leaves long time in controller, after inserting new batteries no power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    AA batteries leaves long time in controller, after inserting new batteries no power on.: I placed AA batteries 8 to 10 months in the Xbox controller, and I recently opened it but batteries are in leaked condition, I recently inserted new batteries but not getting power to the...
  6. With respect to the Internal Storage of the Xbox Series X how long is Seagate going to have...

in XBoX on Consoles
    With respect to the Internal Storage of the Xbox Series X how long is Seagate going to have...: I have an 8TB Western Digital external HD for my Xbox One. You can play games directly from the HD. Yet on the Series X you cannot do this and instead an External HD is only capable of storing...
  7. I got banned and I wan an estimate on how long it will last.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I got banned and I wan an estimate on how long it will last.: So I got suspended for saying (Mod Removed) to someone. And it’s my first time being banned, how long should my ban be. (I cant check the enforcement page because I don’t know my password)...
  8. How Long for a Controller Repair?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Long for a Controller Repair?: Hi, Been having no joy in getting my sons Design Lab Xbox controller repaired and returned. It's been 9 weeks since a repair request was submitted, which was amazingly difficult as it loops at...
  9. How long would it take for my Minecraft account to be brought back?

in XBoX on Windows
    How long would it take for my Minecraft account to be brought back?: my ign went from Gamer_6451 to Gamer_6451_ because the hacker changed my IGN, the email and the password and i would like to know what i need to do to get the best change of recovering my account...
  10. How long does it take for rewards to activate?

in XBoX on Windows
    How long does it take for rewards to activate?: I claimed 1000 robux from rewards 3 to 4 days ago, but i still haven't gotten the robux on my account 0e960af7-e0ce-4b4c-b376-e5ea53a8b462