How is Microsoft Store's game refund policy competitive in the modern game distribution...

Discus and support How is Microsoft Store's game refund policy competitive in the modern game distribution... in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; After years of hearing about the game and my friends telling me to play it, I finally pulled the trigger and bought Minecraft Starter Edition for... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Ahodson39, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Ahodson39
    Ahodson39 Guest

How is Microsoft Store's game refund policy competitive in the modern game distribution...

After years of hearing about the game and my friends telling me to play it, I finally pulled the trigger and bought Minecraft Starter Edition for Windows 10 for $29.99 through the Microsoft Store. I played the game for 4-6 hours to explore it myself, and
    then contacted my friends on Discord to play. We tried to connect in game for about 5 minutes before they said "Oh, you have the Xbox version of Minecraft so we aren't able to play together." Great. So I'm a new player coming into the game, hoping to play
    it with my friends and then I find out that there are multiple "versions" of the game that are not cross-compatible.

There is nothing in the product/game description that implies this or even mentions it, yet both versions of the game are for sale by Microsoft for the same price. It is completely plausible that you could buy the wrong version of the game by accident, especially
    for someone new who doesn't know that these compatibility issues exist.

At this point the version I own is worthless to me, as a primary reason for my purchase was to play with my friends online. I reached out through the self service refund portal in the Microsoft Store with the intention of refunding the game and
    then purchasing the correct one and my refund was denied. Seriously? Any other game distribution service that competes with the Microsoft Store, be it Steam, Epic Games, or Origin etc, would allow me to return the game given the number of hours played
    and the fact that it's a digitally distributed product. I also intended to spend the same money with them again to buy the correct version, but I am not interested in spending the money again to do so.

In my mind this is a failure of the refund system and at the very least a poor customer service experience. If they aren't going to return/refund for this kind of error, the least Microsoft could do is update the product description so that people know what
    they're getting into. Super disappointing.

:)

Ahodson39, Jul 25, 2020
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: