How I feel I spent my 500 bucks.

Discus and support How I feel I spent my 500 bucks. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What did I get for my 500 bucks? A machine that is capable of watching tv on, that I will never use. I all ready have one of those called a cable box... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SERGENT COOTER, Jan 11, 2014.

1. How I feel I spent my 500 bucks.

What did I get for my 500 bucks? A machine that is capable of watching tv on, that I will never use. I all ready have one of those called a cable box that comes with my cable service. I got a kenect that I will hardly ever use. I am in the construction
    field and the last thing I want to do when I get home from work is jump around my living room like a fool. I got, in my opinion a down graded user face compared to my xbox 360. I got a new controller that I can't play any of the two fps games I purchased because
    its so freaking sensative. Not to mention it feels like I'm going to crush it while I attempt to play. I now get to pull the machine out of my entertainment system and unplug it for a minut so I can play call of duty ghosts. I get to play the first level of
    bf4 every time I play because the dumb thing won't save. I also get to wait 2 hours befor I can play the game I spent $60 on while it downloads. I get to do this thing where I split the screen and can surf the web while I attempt to aim in call of duty. I
    get to yell at the machine multiple times to try getting it to turn on before I just do manually. I also got a whole bunch of other crap that I will never use. All I really wanted was a new system to play cool games on. I think I might just plug my 360 back
    in to play and hope things change some day for the xbox one.

:)

SERGENT COOTER, Jan 11, 2014
  2. APOLLO I3
    APOLLO I3 Guest
    Forza-branded Fanatec CSR and CSR Elite Racing Wheels

+1 for needing support for my FANATEC wheel that I spent $500 bucks on.

APOLLO I3, Jan 11, 2014
  3. TW1ST3D N00B
    TW1ST3D N00B Guest
    You guys are right, graphics don't matter.

Yeah I know I spent my 500 bucks for gameplay only! Pfftt yeah right give me a break. Why do graphic cards sell like hot cakes then..

TW1ST3D N00B, Jan 11, 2014
  4. vikingland1
    vikingland1 Guest

Personaly I don't have any of the issuses that you have.

I love the controller and my saves work and I say xbox off and yes and it work every time. Plus when I am done gaming or what ever else I say xbox watch TV and I'm watching TV without changing inputs. I love my Xbox One......... xbox watch TV.

vikingland1, Jan 11, 2014
  5. Merlin4421
    Merlin4421 Guest
    Just FYI the bf4 saves is an ea issue. They even use their servers for the saves instead of the ms cloud. The main thing I want though is to see and control my harddrive. Everything else I love and haven't had any issues. Haven't even had to do the hard
    reboot. IMO UI for x1 is 10x better than 360. I really hope they don't change it much.

Merlin4421, Jan 11, 2014
  6. I sure you knew about the kinect and the ability to watch tv bypass built into the Xbox One. So my question to you OP is why on earth would you buy the One when you knew exactly what it was made for?

MindHunter II, Jan 11, 2014
  7. Man nothing like coming home from work ...taking off your clothes while turning on your TV , X1, and cable box to watch ESPN 2 before i even sit down.

DJ SANDSTORM407, Jan 11, 2014
  8. Merlin4421
    Merlin4421 Guest

It is isn't it Dj. Wish my wife didn't hate having the x1 on to watch tv. Was fun while it lasted. I need to by a hdmi splitter or something.

Merlin4421, Jan 11, 2014
  9. Coreldan
    Coreldan Guest
    ^ This.

It may not be ESPN 2 for everyone, but it could be a game launched. It's little things, but it's what makes it so damn cool. I'm personally not planning to play games that require me to jump around, but my fiancee then again wants Just Dance 2014. That said,
    I'm sure there will be application for Kinect in "normal games" that I'll be happy to use, even if I don't care for a "full Kinect game" that much. And I don't mind getting the Kinect at all with the console. While not everyone will have real use for it, I
    think it's a great step forward.

Coreldan, Jan 11, 2014
  10. Merlin4421
    Merlin4421 Guest
    Yeah I agree I like the subtle uses like in dr3 I can point to something on screen and tell my companion to get it.

Merlin4421, Jan 11, 2014
  11. I don't understand. Idiots constantly overpay for features on vehicles they'll never use, features that will depreciate after 5 seconds of owning the vehicle. Yet, on a machine, they *** and moan because it isn't EXACTLY LIKE THE OLD ONE. You know the worst
    part? Had the One been the 360 2.0 you same people would complain it isn't different enough to warrant $500.

Alex Rodriguez Jr., Jan 11, 2014
  12. If this Op went into next gen for FPS games than that's all i need to hear already...the 360 is flooded with them still and plenty to play and even still being released...maybe try playing something that is ummm actually next gen...you just might enjoy it.
    We are alike in one way though op i'm not interested in the whole TV aspect either but i don't think that would bug me with Forza 5 and Ryse beckoning me.

YellowJacket LE, Jan 11, 2014
  13. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest

A: EA servers sucks donkey kong's u know what. B: There is more to gaming then blowing people heads off in a game. C:U do not need the KINECT to run the one. But u need to calabrated it for ur room settimg.

Dakrkplayer2, Jan 11, 2014
  14. PorQ 201
    PorQ 201 Guest
    Well I enjoy the XBONE, guess the 1% don't.

PorQ 201, Jan 11, 2014
  15. OUgroundGAME
    OUgroundGAME Guest
    Problem @Merlin, most HDMI splitters are 1 out, 2 in. You need 2 out, 1 in. I have an HDMI running from the 2nd port of my TV, & another from the in port of my One. When I'm using the One, I plug that HDMI to my cable box, then switch it after I'm done so
    the wife can watch w/o the One on.

OUgroundGAME, Jan 11, 2014
Thema: