How hot can the slim model get...

Discus and support How hot can the slim model get... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a slim model used at a mom and pop store.....I had one before I know e get hot around the top fan area, but I can't remember if they got this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by thumbs1984, Jan 16, 2014.

1. thumbs1984
    thumbs1984 Guest

I bought a slim model used at a mom and pop store.....I had one before I know e get hot around the top fan area, but I can't remember if they got this hot..... After an hour of playing an installed game...at the top of the fan area it got 138F No where
    else on the machine is getting hot...staying at room temps....I was wondering if this is normal????? Thanks

:)

thumbs1984, Jan 16, 2014
  2. x Viper
    x Viper Guest
    My 360 fell from a 4 ft desk, is it internally damaged?

It's the slim model and it seems alright, but how can I know for sure?

x Viper, Jan 16, 2014
  3. SkyyPlum
    SkyyPlum Guest
    Xbox 360 over heating but no warning

So, my Xbox 360 slim is getting very hot after a short amount of time and it causes certain games to crash. Not once in the time I've owned it have I got the warning it said would pop up if it was over heating. Now, I get hard crashes on a couple games after
    a couple hours and my system is nearly too hot to touch. Why is the warning never coming up and are others dealing with the same poor hardware on their slim models?

SkyyPlum, Jan 16, 2014
  4. How hot can the slim model get...

Not sure about the actual temperature,but they do get hot.

If the only hot area is around the fan then its doing its job right and you shouldn`t have any issues.

-

The slim consoles tend to shut themselves off if they get to hot so not to cause serious damage.

THEOWENKILLER, Jan 16, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: