How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x

Discus and support How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I go to my dads on a Thursday and Sunday and take my xbox series X which obviously has a hdmi port, the port has broke twice over the past 2 years... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/rlredditboy, Apr 15, 2024.

1. How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x

I go to my dads on a Thursday and Sunday and take my xbox series X which obviously has a hdmi port, the port has broke twice over the past 2 years because of this because i forgot to take the hdmi wire out of the port. I now take it out of the port so it doesnt break. How long will it last because i think one of the pins is breaking. Also, I am taking the cable out to frequently? Is it also better to keep the cable in but put in a bag very carefully? Please let me know.

submitted by /u/rlredditboy
    [link] [comments]

/u/rlredditboy, Apr 15, 2024
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

White Flickers while watching movies/streaming? 4k UHD 60hz monitor no HDR

I had the same / similar issue with my old 4K 60hz none HDR / HDMI 2.0 monitor when watching movies and some times in games with the Series X,

As soon as i upgraded my monitor to a 4K 144hz monitor that has HDR / HDMI 2.1 ports, i no longer had this problem,

I'm not sure what the problem is, but my guess is that the HDMI 2.1 port on Series X doesn't play well with HDMI 2.0 port of monitors, or it's the Series X trying to force HDR on, even if the monitor does not have / support HDR and the HDR in Series X menu's is turned off.
  3. NaZoooom Win User

When are we getting the 21:9 update on Xbox One S/X

Heres hoping that the Series X has support for 21:9 3440x1440 @ 120hz which I believe could easily handle it.
    Series X will have HDMI 2.1 which has a bandwidth of 48 Gbps. By contrast, HDMI 2.0 is 16 Gbps. But you'll need an HDMI 2.1 TV/Monitor of course.

Yeah, HDMI 2.1 was a good choice but I don’t think there are any monitors with a HDMI 2.1 port yet, plenty of 8k TV’s now have the port but still a bit on the pricey side.

The Series X has the power and means to support the format, heres hoping it is a feature added to the console by MS and adopted by developers and publishers.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

And what if I buy a cable will it work
    The Xbox Series X will come with a HDMI 2.1 cable,

But whether you use a HDMI 2.1 cable or not, the HDMI port on the TV needs to be HDMI 2.1 to achieve the 120hz refresh rates at 4K.

using a HDMI 2.1 cable on a TV port with HDMI 2.0 will still only limit the Xbox Series X to 60hz refresh rates.

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 120hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][/table]
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

So o can connect the hdmi 2.1 to a regular 4 k 2.0 hdmi port but I will not get the full experience or
    there will be like some xbox series xs that have different cables.
    No, The Xbox Series X has a HDMI 2.1 port therefore it will always ship with a HDMI 2.1 cable,

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 120hz[/td][/tr][tr][td][td][td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][/table]

"So o can connect the hdmi 2.1 to a regular 4 k 2.0 hdmi port but I will not get the full experience or there will be like some xbox series xs that have different cables."

Yes, you can connect a HDMI 2.1 cable to a HDMI 2.0 port on your TV, you'll just be limited to 4K at 60hz, which is no different to what it like to play on the Xbox One X right now,

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox One X, HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][tr][td][td][td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox One X, HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 1.4 = 4K at 24hz to 30hz[/td][/tr][/table]

As long as you have HDMI 2.0 port on your TV you'll be fine to use the Xbox Series X, but if your wanting to experience 4K at 120hz, you'll need a TV or Gaming monitor that has HDMI 2.1 ports.
  6. Bokor Zombie Win User

So will the series X have an optical out port?

Yes mate the Xbox Series X will have an optical out port, 2 HDMI ports, 2 USB-C port, Ethernet
Thema:

How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x

1. How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x - Similar Threads - easily does hdmi

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?: If someone gets a voice chat ban in warzone, does that affect their own party voice chat too? My party can’t hear me in my party but I can hear them d2250211-35af-481f-9348-72eac4eeedd7
  4. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  5. Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg?: Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg? I've got a cheater banned and this person has come back and reported me twice, resulting in two enforcement. I used the lfg for...
  6. Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?: I bought the starfeild version of the xbox stereo headset and the left earpeice which is used to control the chat mixer simply just doesnt work and i cant even change it through the audio settings...
  7. Is there any way to easily fix an Xbox one system that won’t read or eject discs? The sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way to easily fix an Xbox one system that won’t read or eject discs? The sync...: The question pretty much sums it up. I would continue searching the internet, and will, but wanted to post a recent question for reference to all people looking for assistance now. I’ve had...
  8. New strike system seems easily abusable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New strike system seems easily abusable: Is there any protection at all? or is it time to leave xbox ecosystem? I've played enough online games with bad (or no) ingame reporting systems to know that if you play a unpopular character or...
  9. Xbox PC app doesn't easily let me install delisted DLC that I already own

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC app doesn't easily let me install delisted DLC that I already own: Hello community, Recently with the announcement of the release date for Forza Motorsport, I wanted to go back and play my Ultimate edition of Forza Motorsport 7, but after my recent escapades...
  10. How do I easily connect my sons in Minecraft so they can play together online?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I easily connect my sons in Minecraft so they can play together online?: I've been trying to connect my son's family account to mine via gamertag on Minecraft. After multiple steps, I found that my parent account still had an old email address as a backup email for...